• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Account names won't work on Gesior, only account numbers!?

Ponin

Reaction score
Me and my friend have been working on this for 2 days now. We cannot figure out what the problem is. A player can access the website just fine, but after he creates an account name, he cannot log in to his account to create a character. For some reason, only accounts with numbers work such as 758433, but if you make an account with letters in it such as baller123, it wont allow you to log in to your account, even after it says that the account name chosen is allowed. HELP!

Precisely, players cannot log into their accounts to create characters on the website if they used an account name such as "baller123". people that use only numbers can log in. I have no idea what the problem is ;/

- - - Updated - - -

They can create accounts with letters just fine. But when they go to log in, it treats them as if their information is incorrect. It just reloads the log in screen.

Ok first nothing for fixed accounts you need use this query:
SQL:
UPDATE accounts SET password=SHA1(password);
Your account in database madeby have this in passwords - passwords crazy..
example: b0asolaxma990asllzxmva9s0q23lasa
this is why in your
config.lua made by you have
Lua:
encryptionType = "sha1"
You use gesior?

They have problems with account names, not with passwords... That's why some people (the one that has numeric account number) can login and other cant (the one that has alfanumeric account number)...

They have problems with account names, not with passwords... That's why some people (the one that has numeric account number) can login and other cant (the one that has alfanumeric account number)...

Exactly, we tried an older version of gesior that ony allows numerical account numbers, and it worked fine. But we want to use the updated version that allows you to implement letters into your account name. The AAC creates the account and everything like it should, it just doesn't allow you to log into the account management page, it treats it like you entered the wrong information. I'm not the one that hosts the website, so any codes or info needed I won't be able to supply. I'm just hoping that it's an obvious problem that can resolved with an easy fix :/ help please!

How would I know it's a database issue? Like I said, the website will create the account, and you can even see the account in the database after you create it. The website just won't allow you to log into the account on the website.

if the alphanumeric account names are stored properly in the database (not being converted to 0 or intcasted), it could be a website scripting issue

Well I've been spending a couple days trying to search for an answer to this. And, we haven't done anything to the website as far as scripting and such. We just downloaded it straight up and it's no working. So it's either an obvious mistake that's right in front of our face, or it's how the website came. We may just revert to using the older gesior that only uses numerical account numbers until further notice. If someone figures out what the problem is, please let me know!

not sure if anyone faced a similar problem themselves, you or the person in charge may have to try out some scripting changes

Well. It works now. Maybe he fixed it... Lol. If so, ill figure out what the problem was and share it with everyone. But thanks for the attempts guys! :D

Well. It works now. Maybe he fixed it... Lol. If so, ill figure out what the problem was and share it with everyone. But thanks for the attempts guys! :D
hello, i have the same problem using otx2 8.0 can you tell me the solution? thank you very much ( sorry to revive the topic)

hello, i have the same problem using otx2 8.0 can you tell me the solution? thank you very much ( sorry to revive the topic)
Account names was introduced in protocol 8.3. On protocol 8.0 you need to restrict registrations to only allow numbers.

Can you help me? I was using gesior, now I'm switching to znote to see if I can solve it.
In Znote AAC, configure client here:

800 for protocol 8.0.
If you use otx2, change serverEngine from TFS_10 to TFS_03

And install znote schema:

Back