• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Acta

ZeroGravity

Reaction score
Could someone tell me, if they add ACTA in some Countrys, will all Tibia OTs get closed because of the Copyrights?

Just a Question because they want to add it in Germany and i think its a horrible Idea. :mad:

Regards
//Luxy

If it gets reported, yes, however, if you're using a hosting service, I'm sure they will check through all of their customers and see which ones are legal and which ones are not.

First of all Thanks for responding fast :p

Well i dunno, its like they are getting us back to the Times of Hitler.
No Rights of Humanity...
No YouTube anymore :/

Or did i missunderstood that?

First of all Thanks for responding fast :p

Well i dunno, its like they are getting us back to the Times of Hitler.
No Rights of Humanity...
No YouTube anymore :/

Or did i missunderstood that?

Misunderstood that.
The right word you're looking for is censorship society.

Well it's kind of taking away our freedom.

A scenario

Imagine you take a cooking class, you learn how to make some kind of cake, you go home and you wanna teach your wife what you learned at cooking class.

Now because you shared something for free that you would have to pay money for, you're a criminal.

Here is an extremly good video to show you what acta is and what it does.
[video=youtube;FHxsZfvvXA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxsZfvvXA4[/video]

Well it's kind of taking away our freedom.

A scenario

Imagine you take a cooking class, you learn how to make some kind of cake, you go home and you wanna teach your wife what you learned at cooking class.

Now because you shared something for free that you would have to pay money for, you're a criminal.

Not really ACTA related I guess but: are you comparing that to sharing a file with millions of people?

the video clearly states: ANYTHING that has been shared unofficially and is under a copyright law will be considered a crime. I'm not quite sure if open-tibia will have to do with this since the people is only gaining benefits with cipsoft idea, and not their own client and stuff.. Cipsoft also share their client within the tibian community. so is not illegal to share tibia clients. and the codes, scripts are all made by other people so we are not taking anything from the own cipsoft company and sharing it. we are EMULATING what they do.. nothing else. BUT if there is a copyright that protects their own idea well.. i believe we're fucked :)

cheers

Back