• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding lua function to my tfs 0.2.14??

moni111

Reaction score
Good Day/Night.

I have a big problem. I started doing my ot server with tfs 0.2.14 because I wanted 9.60 version of tibia, and that was the only server I could find that I thought was reliable on otland.

Now I found that there are many problems with it, including the fact that there is no "doCreatureSetSkullType (cid, ret)" on the lua functions.

I would like to know if there is any way to add this function to the ot, or if I need to change to another version??

if I do need to change to another version, can you please tell me how to do it without loosing all my work done on tfs 0.2.14??

All answers are very appreciated.

I will try them out, thank you very much for your reply. I will let you know what my results are, or if I need any help.

Thanks again :)

Edit: I found an error, tfs 0.2.14 does not have luascript.cpp or luascript.h.

The only way I found out which lua functions my tfs server had was because I checked on a doc folder that was on the server main folder and it had a file that was named "lua functions" but I cant really edit anything there and make the server read it because I already tried.

Any ideas on how to implement those luascripts into my tfs 0.2.14, or how to upgrade it?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Any ideas? Or suggestions? I already tried downloading tfs 1.0, 10.31 but it does not have the lua functions either, and I tried compiling with the MVS 2013 with no luck. I need help with that. Is there anyone I can contact for help??

thank you.

Any ideas? Or suggestions? I already tried downloading tfs 1.0, 10.31 but it does not have the lua functions either, and I tried compiling with the MVS 2013 with no luck. I need help with that. Is there anyone I can contact for help??

thank you.

TFS 1.0(The one linked above)is based on TFS 0.2.15 so you will have the same problems you had with 0.2.14.

You have two options:
1. Manually change all the functions in scripts and write new ones and add them to compat.lua and global.lua
2. Go back to the rev this datapack was made for.

hey dominique120, thanks for replying!
Following option 1:
Do you think if I add a function for adding doSetCreatureSkullType and leave everything else like it is, it will work? and what steps would I have to take to adding that one lua function to the whole server?

following option 2:
what would "going back to the rev the datapack was made for" imply? what would be the consequences? No doSetCreatureSkullType lua function? or what do you mean?

hey dominique120, thanks for replying!
Following option 1:
Do you think if I add a function for adding doSetCreatureSkullType and leave everything else like it is, it will work? and what steps would I have to take to adding that one lua function to the whole server?

following option 2:
what would "going back to the rev the datapack was made for" imply? what would be the consequences? No doSetCreatureSkullType lua function? or what do you mean?

1. Write the function in LUA and add it to global.lua or write it in C++ and add it to the server source.
2. Here on OTLand it is very common to see people missing functions because they changed revs, I assume you are doing this.

hey @dominique120 , no I didn't change anything, I took the 0.2.14 tfs from the distributions page on this otland.net, but it is missing those functions I really need. then I downloaded a 10.31 server from otland.net too (Best Released Real Map 10.31 Based 1.0!) to see if it had the function I need, but it doesn't either, so im going crazy here trying to find a script that will make this function work in my ot. with no luck so far :(

Do you think you can help me figure out how to write the function, you don't have to do the work for me, just give me an idea of how, like a raw idea then I can try and work it out. I will really really appreciate it. :)

@dominique120 I tried getting the datapack for 0.3.6, I successfully added the dlls to my 0.2.14 tfs but they didn't work for anything.

Beside that, no, I haven't tried any of those because for what I know, they only offer 8.6 client version and I want an ot based on 9.6 +

but I am open to any suggestions, how would I implement 0.4 or 0.3.6 to my maps and data?

@Ninja Yeah, it is supposed to work, but I tried that function and it returned the error on the tfs console: error while loading global lua setskull(0), nill value, something close to that. meaning it doesn't have it in the tfs I got that's supposedly 1.0.

@dominique120, how do I convert them, maybe you can give me an example? Im sorry if im being a little frustrating, it's just that I am not really an expert, im just trying to understand as best as I can.

thanks for your replies :)

Ive done this alot of times, everytime I start I feel "why did I even start with this". If the server isen't anything special id just try to make a new one. If its a server you have put alot of time into, my first tip would be to have compat.lua open and use ctrl+f if you don't know the correct functions, or hire someone to fix this.

A noteable thing is that the ones who have paid me to do these things ALL have had don's hosting service. Since when you ask him to change rev he only changes the rev itself, not anything in the config.lua file, data folder etc. But atleast I don't him not doing it ;)

@WibbenZ I know exactly what you mean. I've been working with this at least for a month, and I wanted to quit several times over already. I'm a full time mom so it's kind of hard to focus sometimes. but I decided that I need this, I need to make my head work again, since I studied for this type of stuff (problem solving).

I quit on that server, I will recycle some work I did myself from that server, but I found a good 0.4 tfs server based on 9.6, which is what I wanted :)

I have found it much easier to work with now, every function and every script I make (or borrow from someone else) works.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.

Best advice: never give up, just find a better server if you can :)

Lucky me that I found this thread. I was also trying to solve the same issue. This is going to save me lots of time.

Damn... Many many houres trying to solve this...

If someone already got a solution please help.

Back