• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding more tiles to game window (otclient)

Yoo!

I recently have seen a tutorial on how to add more tiles to game windows by @Flatlander .

Here is the link: https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-adding-more-tiles-to-game-window-updated-6-23-16.228243/

He made a tutorial on how to do it by modifying the TFS distrobution but I wonder if there is a way to just mofifying the otclient insted?

It is impossible to do with just modifying the OTClient.

You have to modify BOTH, the OTClient, and TFS.

TFS sends the information, and the OTClient receives it.

If you try to receive more (or less) information than TFS sends, then the OTClient throws up errors and the screen will be all black (or missing tiles).

They have to match, and they have to be in order.
Let me explain in more detail.

Let say TFS is sending the tiles for a 3 x 3 screen.
It would send something like this:
Grass
Grass Border
Dirt
Grass
Grass Border
Dirt
Grass
Grass Border
Dirt

Which would draw this:
wcofvb.jpg

But, if the OTClient thought it was receiving a 4x4 screen, it would look like this:
2z6thk9_th.png

Because it receives in order.
TFS and OTClient MUST match, which is why I made the tutorial. I took the time to make it work, and shared it so everyone else can use it.

if it could be to modify the ONLY client would represent a lot of advantage over other players something like a bot

Thank you very much for your answers but I wanted to know that if it would work, i would use it on the rl client and copy the map and maybe find some maps that noone else has.

Well my dreams were shattered in pieces :(

Back