• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adding OnEquip/DeEquip flag removes Vocation flag

pink_panther

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Using the Nostalrius distro

I noticed items with stat boots, effects, etc require a movement event, like
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="5402" slot="legs" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="5402" slot="legs" function="onDeEquipItem" />

I noticed if an item has a movement event registered, as well as having a Vocational requirement, like a wand. The vocation requirements are dropped.

For example, if I have a wand that can be used my sorcerers, it's fine, but if I wand to add +2 magic level to the wand. As soon as I put the moveevents in for the equip, the item loses the vocation check and and can then be used by anyone, as well as giving the magic boost.

When looking at the item, it does not say "Can only be used properly by..." any more. If the movement event is removed, the vocation check comes back and it shows "Can only be used properly by..." again.

When looking at the item when it has a move event, it only shows the item name and weight.

Last edited:
Solution
Usually you write the vocation restrictions inside the movements.xml

something like this:
XML:
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="26182" slot="necklace" level="150" function="onEquipItem" > <!-- Collar of Blue Plasma ON -->
        <vocation name="Paladin" />
        <vocation name="Royal Paladin" showInDescription="0" />
    </movevent>
Usually you write the vocation restrictions inside the movements.xml

something like this:
XML:
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="26182" slot="necklace" level="150" function="onEquipItem" > <!-- Collar of Blue Plasma ON -->
        <vocation name="Paladin" />
        <vocation name="Royal Paladin" showInDescription="0" />
    </movevent>

Last edited:
Solution
Back