• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Adding start items, and quest chests. ILL GIVE REP FOR HELP!

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Where do i configure what items people start with cuz i forget ;p? do i give them to the samples or do i edit some kind of file?

and another question xD, how do i make it so when a player clicks on a chest at the end of quest he receives the item i want,

action id=?
unique id=?

i made the contents of th e chest what i want but the chest opens i dont want it to open i want the playr to recieve the item ONCE. can i just configure it on the map editor or do i have to make a script? please help, ill give you rep if you do.

ActionID = 2000
UniqueID = xxxx (Something that is not used, UniqueID is the same as storageID in this case)
Then put the item in the chest. Start items can be found in either Mods/"firstitems" or Data/xml/"firstitems".

wait, i put 0 for unique id and it doesnt work? ;o wierd and i put action id 200 for ALL of the chests. should i put 1 for uniqe id since its used as a storage value? one more thing, how do i set lvls for a gate of expertise? like say i want it for lvl 120?

wait, i put 0 for unique id and it doesnt work? ;o wierd and i put action id 200 for ALL of the chests. should i put 1 for uniqe id since its used as a storage value? one more thing, how do i set lvls for a gate of expertise? like say i want it for lvl 120?
Minimum UniqueID (if not 0, and it must not be 0 in this case) is 1000.

For gates of expertise use 1000 + level (1120 in this case)

and the 1120 is for unique id right? and i found first items but i dont know how to edit it heres the the script

local firstItems =
{
}

function onLogin(cid)
if getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 30001) <= 0 then
for i = 1, table.maxn(firstItems) do
doPlayerAddItem(cid, firstItems, 1)
end

if getPlayerSex(cid) == PLAYERSEX_FEMALE then
doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2651, 1)
else
doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2650, 1)
end

local bag = doPlayerAddItem(cid, 1987, 1)
doAddContainerItem(bag, 2674, 1)
setPlayerStorageValue(cid, 30001, 1)
end

return TRUE
end

I would like to CONFIGURE it.

P.S Can you come on msn i got one more question ;p?

quest chest still doesnt work, my actionid for eachone is 2000, and unique id is 1000. when i click the chest nothing happens, it doesnt open i dont get items or anything ;(, please help.

Also how do i make it so people cant move the chest? or is it that only i can move it cuz im a god?

and the 1120 is for unique id right? and i found first items but i dont know how to edit it heres the the script

I would like to CONFIGURE it.

P.S Can you come on msn i got one more question ;p?
# First Items
http://otland.net/f82/first-items-40857/

# Gate of Expertise
ActionID 1120

# Quest System
Any number from 1000 to 65535 that's not used as a storage value.
If the quest system still doesn't work, what is your server version?

how do i know what is and isnt used as s storage value, ill change it now ;p and get back to you when i check the server.

quests till doesnt work ;s. i put unique ids 10001-10004, are those used, when i click the chest it says "sorry not possible" ill try another storage value maybe the ones i put are already used.

Edit: i use cryingdamson4pl2-gui for 8.42

sorry for not posting this thread but i thought no1 would read it anymore, i solved it, i was trying to open it with gm char xD, however i wanna know how to make a script for certain quests, like say there needs to be 5 people for a quest etc.... i can work off anni but i would like some help if thats ok :)

Back