• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Adori blank, yes or not?

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the adori blank spell is always correct.

My opinion is:
- high rate, OK
- low rate, no adori blank
- rpg server, no adori blank

What do you think?

i'd say the same
however it depends on what you are creating too

Assuming you don't mess with rune system then I would share your opinion.

To be honest there are already creation spells in tibia so I don't see anything wrong with mage being able to create something.
Most of the time in straight rune making it is more comfortable and time efficient to buy blanks anyway, because conjure blank is taking both your time and mana.
But obviously it becomes most useful in sudden situations when you are missing certain rune and you can make it on spot. But it isn't such a big game changer in my opinion. Force is with mages after all :p

To be honest, if you care enough about player economy and price inflation, you should always let the player spend money on something as much as you can. I've seen (and made) servers too many servers that drags it's economy down the shitter just to provide more "convenience" to players without thinking too far ahead.

But again. if your server have infinite runes and ammo, then creating blank runes isn't the worst thing in the world XD

I'm more near to a hardcore approach of Tibia. I like the old feeling that Tibia had in 7.4, maybe mixed with things of earlier versions.
I like to fear the death, when you lose your hard earned level and skills.
I like the way we learned quests, without any help of wikis, and without any help ingame. You had to talk with npcs, travel, explore, discover...
I had to learn every spell, buy every blank rune, and that's the way I like my server to be when I release it.

I would put them as loot, or small stones as much more frequent loot from minor monsters, then a spell to convert, say, 5 of these to a rune.

I've always liked the idea that magic should work somewhat within the boundaries of physics where you can transform matter (low cost magic), and only in extreme cases where you create things out of nothing (very high cost magic)...

Back