• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

adv page down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like renaming the board would be easier for everyone, I've seen plenty of these threads pop up throughout the years.

What can we change it to since it's for advertisement that isn't a paid-for "advertisement"?
Because we can't change it to X since no one will know what it is.

This has been up before I guess the adblockers had an update and that made it worse ..
But to make it quick and simpel, just add an exception for otland (note that there are no ads on OTLand).

What can we change it to since it's for advertisement that isn't a paid-for "advertisement"?

This has been up before I guess the adblockers had an update and that made it worse ..
But to make it quick and simpel, just add an exception for otland (note that there are no ads on OTLand).
Server list? Online Servers Board? idk

Server Presentations, Server News

Server list? Online Servers Board? idk
Server Presentations, Server News

And what do we do with threads that contain words that they trigger on?
Because it could still be a problem if a thread has advertisement in the title or in a post.

Really nothing we can do, it's up to the user to disable the blocker, I really don't see a problem with that since otland doesn't have any ads anyways.
I'm not against changing the board name (if thats all it takes, but I doubt it since it most likely will still trigger on words).

And what do we do with threads that contain words that they trigger on?
Because it could still be a problem if a thread has advertisement in the title or in a post.

Really nothing we can do, it's up to the user to disable the blocker, I really don't see a problem with that since otland doesn't have any ads anyways.
I'm not against changing the board name (if thats all it takes, but I doubt it since it most likely will still trigger on words).
Are you serious? xD
We've mentioned ADVERTISEMENT many times in this topic and still people can talk here about Advertisement board which isnt working for them. Changing this name to just "Servers" or "Server List" is the easiest thing you can do.

Are you serious? xD
We've mentioned ADVERTISEMENT many times in this topic and still people can talk here about Advertisement board which isnt working for them. Changing this name to just "Servers" or "Server List" is the easiest thing you can do.

Yes I have no ide what the filters actually look for etc, but if the problem is a word "advertisement" they should still block threads where ex the title has that in it.
Maybe they actually listend to the x threads about this where it says to just white list otland?

No one can say that this is a new issue ..

2014: New topico Advertising error (https://otland.net/threads/new-topico-advertising-error.226479/#post-2181007)
2016: Complaint - AdBlock blocks possibility to create new thread (https://otland.net/threads/adblock-blocks-possibility-to-create-new-thread.243310/)

The only diffrence is how they block it.

Yes I have no ide what the filters actually look for etc, but if the problem is a word "advertisement" they should still block threads where ex the title has that in it.
Maybe they actually listend to the x threads about this where it says to just white list otland?

2014: New topico Advertising error (https://otland.net/threads/new-topico-advertising-error.226479/#post-2181007)
2016: Complaint - AdBlock blocks possibility to create new thread (https://otland.net/threads/adblock-blocks-possibility-to-create-new-thread.243310/)

Maybe this software is aware that Advertisement here is a whole board, part of forum, not its content. It would be stupid if any blocker will block sites with this word, you could spam somebody blog about dogs with this word and it would block it totally decreasing the traffic? :D

Maybe this software is aware that Advertisement here is a whole board, part of forum, not its content. It would be stupid if any blocker will block sites with this word, you could spam somebody blog about dogs with this word and it would block it totally decreasing the traffic? :D

Except thats what it does? xD
I have ublock and adblock plus, I had to white list otland on both of them (no I don't use them at the same time, they differ on certain sites when it comes to blocking it perfect)

If they only check what ex the div / link is named we might be able to change the name and solve the issue(highly doubt it)
The main reason (as you said) you can easily manipulate ex a forum or blogg by spamming threads / posts with that word.

And I highly doubt people have reported that board since there is no ads on otland.

it's probably the combination of the word advertisement and the numerous links to external sites, i.e. the ot urls that it recognises as genuine advertisements and blocks

uOrigin Block:
1602967050132.png
Adblock Plus:
1602967116059.png
Result:
1602967277797.png
1602967382652.png

For any other Adblocker, do the same. Don't block Ads on otland.net.
If it doesn't work then I suggest you to uninstall your current Adblocker(s) and install uOrigin Block only.

I am using many adblockers/pop-up blockers on my Chrome, I added OTLand.net as an exception on all of them and never got those issues with Advertisement board.
I tried by clicking it, copying (Advertisement link) and pasting to new tab and going through google and all worked fine.
blocker.PNG

I've worked a lot with adblockers and easylist maintainers at my job. This is an accident triggered by the url, nothing more.
If you change the url it will work, usually adblockers don't do advanced blocking unless you are trying to bypass them.
This is definitely a mistake and not intended, either contacting them or changing the url will resolve it.

Firefox right now is top-notch. I wouldn't say that this issue is anyhow related to the browser itself, more like extension.
Its really not in terms of certificates and ease of use. Firefox decided to break their cert manager which pulls certs in last order and then depreciate the function that does it.. xD

Woke up one morning ninite pushed a firefox update and the entire company couldnt smart card into the secure local web due to stupid changes xD stopped production until I rolled back the update.

Completely fkd the browser and user cert management with PKCS #11 / PIV key cards. Their cert selection is now aids. Switched the whole company to chrome because of it. The cert storage is garbage.

I normally like firefox but this year they been pissin me off. Firefox market share has been falling consistently. Chrome pretty much took over.

Last edited:
Let us know if it works better now. The name has been changed from "Advertisement" to "Server Gala".

Now working good, before I had to CTRL+F5 even with disabled ad block
Thanks

Let us know if it works better now. The name has been changed from "Advertisement" to "Server Gala".
Alright, but who came up with that name now? It wasn't even suggested by anyone, and the word "gala" is completely unfitting.

o885Hl1.png

Sounds like a damn charity event or celebrity dinner. Server Showoff, Server Presentations, Server News are all at least 5x more accurate to what's happening there.

Alright, but who came up with that name now? It wasn't even suggested by anyone, and the word "gala" is completely unfitting.

o885Hl1.png

Sounds like a damn charity event or celebrity dinner. Server Showoff, Server Presentations, Server News are all at least 5x more accurate to what's happening there.
Kaspar said that it will be like this so its the best, what do you not understand?
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back