• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Advertisement board

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I suggest that Advertisement board shouldnt be shown on the side bar ( New Forum Posts )
it just spams the place...

I don't agree too..
Maybe you dont want to the other people get their OT's advertised and get more ppl :blink:

Just a possibility...

I don't agree either
Posts made in the advertisement board are as valid as any other

Advertising an OT should be private basically?

You're demolishing the entire word of "Advertisement".

Those who are looking for a server to play could simply just go to that certain board, I agree that it can be abit annoying when the entire 'latest post' section is full of advertisement threads. But I'll have to agree with Ayleid that they are just as valid as any other threads.

Well, this was just a suggestion ofc, I never said, THIS FORUM SHOULD HAVE THIS or so :p

And we aren't either, just posting our opinion.

And I disagree aswell.

TIPS!

Make so ppl who have over 150 or 100 post can only make Thread on Advertisement..

so random ppl dont just join the fourm and just make a Thread about their OTS!

Market maybe 300 posts? so ppl can trust him or something like that?

So why aint marketplace shown?
As a member of the OT community, I'm interested in knowing what servers there are, but I'm not interested in knowing there's someone selling a map for 10$ or someone selling a server for 50$

TIPS!

Make so ppl who have over 150 or 100 post can only make Thread on Advertisement..

so random ppl dont just join the fourm and just make a Thread about their OTS!

Market maybe 300 posts? so ppl can trust him or something like that?
Even though it would be a good idea in theory(but with lower post requirements), its bad(very bad) in practice, it would promote spam(people spamming to have the required posts) and it could also send future members of our community to other OT forums, both of those are not in OTLand best interest

You guys should delete everyone who breaks the rules which hasnt been a member for more then 6 months or something, that would clear up the spamming and trolling alot. I mean, whats the point of warning people, give infractions etc when they simple dont give a shit?

You guys should delete everyone who breaks the rules which hasnt been a member for more then 6 months or something, that would clear up the spamming and trolling alot. I mean, whats the point of warning people, give infractions etc when they simple dont give a shit?

A certain amount of infractions lead to a ban for a few days and eventually to a ban forever.

As a member of the OT community, I'm interested in knowing what servers there are, but I'm not interested in knowing there's someone selling a map for 10$ or someone selling a server for 50$

Even though it would be a good idea in theory(but with lower post requirements), its bad(very bad) in practice, it would promote spam(people spamming to have the required posts) and it could also send future members of our community to other OT forums, both of those are not in OTLand best interest

Agreed. The way things are allow people to join and become a member of a community - not have to fight for a place for a spot of 'acceptance'. Is the system perfect? No, welcome to the internet. But it's working pretty well.

There should be an option for users to exclude boards that they do not want to see in the activity feed on the side. However if the user is subscribed to a thread in a board that he wants to hide from the feed, they can have an additional option to add that thread to an exception.

Those are just my thoughts and would be easy to do imo.

There should be an option for users to exclude boards that they do not want to see in the activity feed on the side. However if the user is subscribed to a thread in a board that he wants to hide from the feed, they can have an additional option to add that thread to an exception.

Those are just my thoughts and would be easy to do imo.

Couldn't agree more!

Back