• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Advertisement board

Ferchox

Reaction score
Hi guys, well I just wanted to throw an idea on the community, maybe you think about it maybe you don't but thats why the feedback board exists... Anyway!

Going through the advertisement board is something a lot of otlanders do when they surf around the site, and often I find posts which are not only really long but only a topic of DISCUSSION for a future server which sometimes don't even materialize (Experienced it myself). so, what do you mods and users THINK of the creation of a rule to allow advertisement only for servers which are up and running, just waiting for players instead of having long threads for other servers which promise to open in certain dates; I know showing your work can be qualified as advertisement as well but most of the time the threads become spammed with a lot of discussions and what not and some servers don't even have working websites due to the "unreadiness" of their work, this is why I believe those who want to discuss their open-tibia creations to see what people think before actually opening the server should go to the Discussion boards and once the projects are complete go to the advertisement board and update their information regularly or however the server is being updated.

just an idea... its not a verdict or anything, i think it might save time for some people and improve the feedback for ot server owners :)

Servers that are posted on the advertisement board have a minimum of 7 days to be online from the day the thread is posted.
I think a sub-forum for Upcoming servers could be beneficial in sorting through a mess of servers that could/could not be online yet.
E.G
Advertisement

contains servers currently online
Upcoming Servers
contains servers that are to be released (would be approved/moved by a moderator when the server is online)​

I added the 7 days-rule because I was seeing servers being advertised even a month earlier before being open to public.
I wouldn't mind in removing it and only allow online servers, as it would save work for moderators and what you stated in your post, OP.
But I leave that to public discussion here.

I agree with you peroxide, it is possible to filter these servers which are not online yet to an specific discussion board within the same area. in my opinion, this will lead to more constructive behavior and discussions (I hope, lol)

I added the 7 days-rule because I was seeing servers being advertised even a month earlier before being open to public.
I wouldn't mind in removing it and only allow online servers, as it would save work for moderators and what you stated in your post, OP.
But I leave that to public discussion here.

i don't want to be the one to point out this because i'm super excited for the server but there is one in the advertisement board that has been there and not really opened to the public for 3 years (oh, just a TINY BIT longer than your 7 days-rule) and is always near the top of the list. if you're going to make a rule i do suggest enforcing it (unless there is favoritism at play, which would be just plain wrong) and not letting a server that is "in development," such as that one is, be on the advertisement board (especially not for 3 years without moving it somewhere more appropriate)

i don't want to be the one to point out this because i'm super excited for the server but there is one in the advertisement board that has been there and not really opened to the public for 3 years (oh, just a TINY BIT longer than your 7 days-rule) and is always near the top of the list. if you're going to make a rule i do suggest enforcing it (unless there is favoritism at play, which would be just plain wrong) and not letting a server that is "in development," such as that one is, be on the advertisement board (especially not for 3 years without moving it somewhere more appropriate)
I suggest you to report it aswell

I belie it is much needed. it will benefit those who have their servers ready and those who are near-release will be able to discuss in a more appropriate board. I've seen it too much and consider it a smart way to do what Peroxide just said, of course further planning will be done by mods or admins regarding the issue.

I have a server that will be up in a week +- some weeks and I can't have my thread neither in advertisement (since it got no exact release date) nor in the discussion as I can't advertise there. The thread keeps getting deleted. What the hell am I supposed to do then? This is ridiculous.

I have a server that will be up in a week +- some weeks and I can't have my thread neither in advertisement (since it got no exact release date) nor in the discussion as I can't advertise there. The thread keeps getting deleted. What the hell am I supposed to do then? This is ridiculous.
The advertisement board was created to advertise online opentibia servers. Active or inactive ot projects fit in the Discussion board.

It will be much easier for me if only online servers are allowed in the board.

Aye. I agree with the sub-forum part. Upcomming servers discussion and online servers. Problem solved :)

Back