• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[AEsoft's] Saga: Custom Client, or no?

Custom Client or no?

• Yes, make a custom client.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • No, do not make a custom client.

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
It could be a problem, having a custom client. Many people won't trust custom clients, and you will get fewer people joining your server.

Anyways I vote for yes!

Don't think that is entirely true, look at the Pokemon server, its custom and has 900 ppl online, and full waitlists. My votes goes to custom. By the way, that picture is quite awesome.

Yeah, IMO it depends a lot on the server more than anything. Even before PO, I had seen successful servers that used only custom clients before, and now with PO that theory has even more credibility.

If you're server is good, attractive to new players, unique and fun, then you won't have any problems with having a custom client. Also no problems with security fears because you're a trusted member here (and virus scanners exist anyway :)).

So far, from the description you stated (and the insane pic), I think it could be quite a success.

I vote yes.

I vote yes, i think having a custom client will, make more players want to join :)

Back