• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[AEsoft's] Saga: Custom Client, or no?

Custom Client or no?

• Yes, make a custom client.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • No, do not make a custom client.

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters

iMadison

Back from the dark.
Reaction score
000n.png

Firstly, I'll start with server info, so you know what you're voting on.

Server Info
Saga is a pure RPG OT Project that is unique in many different ways. Aside from the map being custom, the experience system is entirely new as well. People who come to join this server in hopes of just going around killing monsters to gain levels and be able to use new spells, you are entirely wrong. Prepare to walk into a new server with a new way of growing your character and where you're reputation can change many factors in the way you play.

Vocation System
There are no Knights and Paladins, or Sorcerers and Druids. In this server, you make your own vocation. Using the new experience system, you raise your own attributes to your liking.

Experience System
Gaining EXP still does gain you levels, but levels don't mean everything. Killing a monster makes it drop EXP Orbs and you take those to the Guild of Heroes or Guild of Villains (whichever alignment you are, or Guild of Heroes if you're Neutral). There, you access the "Shrine" to exchange EXP Orbs for skills. You may choose to raise any skill you wish, or your capacity, your speed, your health, your mana, or your soul points. Aside from that, you may also choose to learn a spell or upgrade one.

Monsters
A lot of the monsters will be custom in the land of Mythica. The Dragons will have their respect that they deserve, for they are rare and extremely powerful, so much that even Demons of Tibia fear them. Balverines are lycanthrope like monsters that hunt in packs and can be a force not to be reckoned with. And be wary, while adventuring through the forests on Mythica, you my find yourself surrounded by bandits or assassins.

Good, Evil, or Neutral?
In the land of Mythica, your actions have a toll on you. Should you commit a crime and steal or kill a civilian, you will be known as an evil individual. You will be marked by a Red Skull icon to show that you are Evil (no, it does not have the same effects as getting a RS in Tibia). Should you be good and save civilians or kill an Evil person while he/she is committing a crime, you will be known as a Good person. Those who are, are marked with a Halo icon. Being Good let's you acquire different items, complete different quests, go to certain areas other people can't, and vis versa when you're Evil. And of course, doing a mix of good or evil things or not doing anything at all just makes you Neutral.

If you have anymore questions relating the server, just ask me.​

So now comes the question. Should I, or should I not make Saga a custom client server? The reason for having a custom client, is so I can have many more [custom] sprites added to the game; example, more items, monsters, grounds and walls, etc. So it will give me a lot more to work with, being able to make the map much better and visually appealing. But, at the same time, I've noticed that many people don't like downloading custom clients. So...I'm wondering if having a custom cliented server would bring the amount of people playing to a lower number.

So yeah, should I make a custom client for Saga or not?

It would be cool for it to be custom and have a lot of players playing "saga"

I would play both a custom client because you're trustworthy and your aren't the type to hack and all teh noob stuff. :D
Gl with the ot
I vote Custom client ;)

yeah, 5 votes for now, care to tell my why you other 4? >__>
but yeah, zonet, a lot of people dont like custom clients =/

Custom Client, Yes

BECUASE YOU ARE THE BEST PIC MAKER!!
And Trustfull!!

It could be a problem, having a custom client. Many people won't trust custom clients, and you will get fewer people joining your server.

Anyways I vote for yes!

Back