• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

After almost a decade I returned to Tibia

Ramirow

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ramirogrant
As the title says, my partner and I wanted to play something of a different genre than what we are used to (Valorant, Apex Legends, Overwatch).
She suggested we give it a go to rpg stuff (She never liked it but knows I spent my teenage years playing that genre), she mentioned Tibia because she found about it by searching, explained to her I wasn't planning to come back to it never again..She pushed me to create a new account as it would be fun together or so she thought.

Surprisingly (And specially for me) I'm really enjoying my free time with the game and she is too even when she hated most mmos or rpgs she tried before. To be clear, I tried playing when she was not online and I couldn't bear the boredom after 1 hour but when we are playing together we are having a blast be it doing hunts, quests or just exploring.

In retrospective, maybe I was too hard or critical about the game for years, surely is not the best game out there and it has many flaws (I specially dislike the mapping in some places) but it's a nice and chill game to play with friends or a loved one. Seeing and feeling the game again brings me back so many memories, we are playing for fun and we do not care about levels just as I did back in the 2000s. (Even tho we do not care that much, we still did some hunts, we are levels 35 and 33 so..It's hundreds of times easier than what I remembered)

I have recovered some passion and love for it, I will surely release some maps I'm making too as I felt a strong desire to start mapping again thanks to all this journey.

"she, she, she". dude its not tibia that you like its her. you could be shoveling shit for what its worth and you'd enjoy it. dont credit this game for that feeling, credit her because shes the one that makes you feel that way. as soon as she stops being a factor you are going to quit this game once again. if you want my advice it seems like you've found yourself a great girl you enjoy spending time with. im glad for you and wish you the best, but this game is what it is and has always been. utter shit.

(Even tho we do not care that much, we still did some hunts, we are levels 35 and 33 so..It's hundreds of times easier than what I remembered)
I'm pretty sure there is a significant experience boost until level 50 now, so yes, it is easier. xP

I have this experience too. Any game, even as shit as real tibia is now just becomes better with your partner, probably has something to do with not playing it so competitively and actually focusing more on the game itself and having fun instead of carrying around 20 years of hate for cipsoft. This pretty much applies to any "gaming with friends" but with your partner it's enhanced for sure.

"she, she, she". dude its not tibia that you like its her. you could be shoveling shit for what its worth and you'd enjoy it. dont credit this game for that feeling, credit her because shes the one that makes you feel that way. as soon as she stops being a factor you are going to quit this game once again. if you want my advice it seems like you've found yourself a great girl you enjoy spending time with. im glad for you and wish you the best, but this game is what it is and has always been. utter shit.
I may repeat "her" just because english is not my main language too so I don't really know how to avoid being redundant, and ofc I like her too. It may be as you said tho, it's just that we're enjoying Tibia way much than our normal fps games, may clearly be because of the focus we give each game (competitive vs casual), thanks for the comment ♥

I'm pretty sure there is a significant experience boost until level 50 now, so yes, it is easier. xP
Just checked, yup, there is..And premium boosts are too much (I despise the bought ones, can't believe they exist)

I have this experience too. Any game, even as shit as real tibia is now just becomes better with your partner, probably has something to do with not playing it so competitively and actually focusing more on the game itself and having fun instead of carrying around 20 years of hate for cipsoft. This pretty much applies to any "gaming with friends" but with your partner it's enhanced for sure.
That's what I thought after reading Cafumbre's comment too, maybe it's the casual vs competitive approach and ofc sharing the game with a friend/partner..

I may repeat "her" just because english is not my main language too so I don't really know how to avoid being redundant, and ofc I like her too. It may be as you said tho, it's just that we're enjoying Tibia way much than our normal fps games, may clearly be because of the focus we give each game (competitive vs casual), thanks for the comment ♥

Just checked, yup, there is..And premium boosts are too much (I despise the bought ones, can't believe they exist)

That's what I thought after reading Cafumbre's comment too, maybe it's the casual vs competitive approach and ofc sharing the game with a friend/partner..
I think if you play Tibia without pvp, it's quite fun now.

Me and my friend started a play-through awhile ago, where we restricted ourselves into basically playing it in offline mode, ignoring other players.

This meant that we had to actually utilize npc shops, as we could only upgrade our gear if we got it from a quest, or from looting a monster.
We shared all of our cash and items, and generally tried to not skip gear levels. (like not immediately going from leather to crown armor, via quest reward).

Was fun while it lasted, but friend's other friends wanted him to play other newer games, and we stopped around level 65 ish.

Ironically, because of the forced experience boost, we didn't get to enjoy the noob levels and armor as much as we wanted to.
The extra levels made us too op for the early content, even with the gear restrictions.
And because we leveled so fast, my druid constantly needed most of our spare cash to buy spells, so we were always broke, even while loot bagging. xD

I think if you play Tibia without pvp, it's quite fun now.

Me and my friend started a play-through awhile ago, where we restricted ourselves into basically playing it in offline mode, ignoring other players.

This meant that we had to actually utilize npc shops, as we could only upgrade our gear if we got it from a quest, or from looting a monster.
We shared all of our cash and items, and generally tried to not skip gear levels. (like not immediately going from leather to crown armor, via quest reward).

Was fun while it lasted, but friend's other friends wanted him to play other newer games, and we stopped around level 65 ish.

Ironically, because of the forced experience boost, we didn't get to enjoy the noob levels and armor as much as we wanted to.
The extra levels made us too op for the early content, even with the gear restrictions.
And because we leveled so fast, my druid constantly needed most of our spare cash to buy spells, so we were always broke, even while loot bagging. xD
I like that, seems pretty fun! I've always played no-pvp worlds, didn't make an exception this time either. Loot bagging! Omg hours upon hours of hiding bags on kazordoon mines just came to my head lmao oh...those times, they were the best :')
It feels a bit rushed nowadays, I get that it's a way to catch with "funnier" mid-high level content but it does feel bad..I mean, I made money basically hunting Nomads, they drop a creature product that seels for like 3k, I don't know what use high levels give to it tho. The issue with it is that now that we found the "gold mine" we are not having trouble with money as in 1 hour I could get 17 of those..it's just too much money for a monster that poses no threat at all even at lower levels :/

I like that, seems pretty fun! I've always played no-pvp worlds, didn't make an exception this time either. Loot bagging! Omg hours upon hours of hiding bags on kazordoon mines just came to my head lmao oh...those times, they were the best :')
It feels a bit rushed nowadays, I get that it's a way to catch with "funnier" mid-high level content but it does feel bad..I mean, I made money basically hunting Nomads, they drop a creature product that seels for like 3k, I don't know what use high levels give to it tho. The issue with it is that now that we found the "gold mine" we are not having trouble with money as in 1 hour I could get 17 of those..I mean, it's just too much money for a monster that poses no threat at all even at lower levels :/
Those items that sell really well to other players are for the imbuements that last for 20 hours.
Costs a fuck-ton of gold, and a fuck-ton of creature products from monsters nobody wants to hunt. xD

it has nothing to do with the game. you dont like the game, you like her. she might be enjoying the game, but you enjoy being around her. you cant compare tibia to fps games. in fps games you need to focus pretty much 24/7 allowing for little time to talk to your partner, while tibia doesnt require more than 10% focus leaving alot of time for chatting and fucking around with eachother. once again dont attribute or associate your feelings with this game because it does nothing other than allow for you two to spend time together and focus on eachother. best of luck, try to make her fall for you before she gets tired of the game if you arent already in a relationship together.

it has nothing to do with the game. you dont like the game, you like her. she might be enjoying the game, but you enjoy being around her. you cant compare tibia to fps games. in fps games you need to focus pretty much 24/7 allowing for little time to talk to your partner, while tibia doesnt require more than 10% focus leaving alot of time for chatting and fucking around with eachother. once again dont attribute or associate your feelings with this game because it does nothing other than allow for you two to spend time together and focus on eachother. best of luck, try to make her fall for you before she gets tired of the game if you arent already in a relationship together.
Who hurt you?

Do you need a hug?

Who hurt you?

Do you need a hug?
lol dude what? projections kind of strong here I feel. if you feel like someone hurt you thats okay, but you cant assume everyone else feels like you do. first step of geting over it is admitting it

Update: A little over 3 months playing 1-3 hours a day. It was easier than expected, lvl 206. Money isn't an issue, making 400-450k profit per day hunting exotics or bandits now.
I must say I got a little bored of hunting like a machine hour after hour.

The good news is that I've made a guild with some friends and we log in to discord to talk, that makes hunting 10 times better. We do some party hunts a couple of times troughout the week.

About my partner: She definitely retired, at least from the hunting activities, she prefers to hang around the guild house chatting or doing runes, good thing is she achieved level 100 and survived learning the ropes of her voc in ankrahmun's mother of scarabs lair (running, healing paralyze, shooting runes, moving trough an infested cave), it's like mages 101. She died a couple of times but ultimately mastered the art, i'm so proud of her!

I will continue on my journey, maybe some day I will be 300+? Altough my goal now is getting to 100 sword, currently almost 98.

Update: A little over 3 months playing 1-3 hours a day. It was easier than expected, lvl 206. Money isn't an issue, making 400-450k profit per day hunting exotics or bandits now.

The good news is that I've made a guild with some friends and we log in to discord to talk, that makes hunting 10 times better. We do some party hunts a couple of times troughout the week.

About my partner: She definitely retired, at least from the hunting activities, she prefers to hang around the guild house chatting or doing runes, good thing is she achieved level 100 and survived learning the ropes of her voc in ankrahmun's mother of scarabs lair (running, healing paralyze, shooting runes, moving trough an infested cave), it's like mages 101. She died a couple of times but ultimately mastered the art, i'm so proud of her!

I will continue on my journey, maybe some day I will be 300+? Altough my goal now is getting to 100 sword, currently almost 98.
You didn’t skill so much? Mine 66 ek has 93 in club

Nice to hear. Are you doing all the quests along the way? One of the few things that kept me motivated to keep playing and leveling was the ability to do more quests. Even doing the long annoying ones slowly while chatting to others.

I skilled offline and used 3-4 weapons of one hour during 2x skill weekend, but I didn't care much for it at all (I know it surely handicaps my hunting experience)

I did almost all the known quests (poi, inquisition, yalahar, wote, demon helmet) all that's left is annihilator but it shouldn't be too hard as Im way past the 100 level, we will see how that goes!

Picture of the day n_n

Attachments

Back