• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Aint this cool?

Sprrw

Reaction score
I have no clue why but I had no idea it would actually know how to use TFS. This is amazing XD
1679596794509.png
1679596940640.png

Its a little goofy but with basic knowledge yourself you could probably use this to code an entire OT. Sheesh, this is the future folks! 🫡

Attachments

From my experience it costs you more time than it actually saves.
Sometimes it is more annoying to fix some weird ass code as simply writing it the proper way yourself.

Btw. this already has been discussed a while ago:

ChatGPT & AI Talk

Is it nice anyway? Yeah, at least interesting for the future for sure.

Last edited:
Just a day or two ago Unity announced that they are going to introduce something similar to their engine. That could be something.

Just a day or two ago Unity announced that they are going to introduce something similar to their engine. That could be something.
Yea we actually dont need to know how to code no more XD

If you pay for 4.0, it's less goofy with it's code suggestions.
I often use it as a 'better google'.

Sometimes you can't google something, because you simply don't know it exists..
So being able to write a long paragraph and have chatgpt list out 3-4 ways to accomplish it, without knowing the function names.. is quite useful for me.

it will be a good way to do drafts on code like the code layout what connects to what etc. or overall system template. other then that its not that usefull unfortunatly... i broke it few times already cause i asked too specific question and cause id tidnt know the answer it spouted anything just to fill the answer...

If you pay for 4.0, it's less goofy with it's code suggestions.
I often use it as a 'better google'.

Sometimes you can't google something, because you simply don't know it exists..
So being able to write a long paragraph and have chatgpt list out 3-4 ways to accomplish it, without knowing the function names.. is quite useful for me.
Yea thats exactly what I mean, with basic knowledge you can get the extra mile with the help of ChatGPT, I actually think I will be using this in my future projects. I've made websites for over 2 years and just made my first website with the help of ChatGPT, I can definitely say that it performs when it comes to javascript, and IMO it gives quite a good explanation for how it works aswell.
Would you say its worth the 20$ a month?
Post automatically merged:

it will be a good way to do drafts on code like the code layout what connects to what etc. or overall system template. other then that its not that usefull unfortunatly... i broke it few times already cause i asked too specific question and cause id tidnt know the answer it spouted anything just to fill the answer...
Yea m2, but I found that it seems to work good if you ask it for small tasks at a time, ex I asked it to write me a carousel in html, css and javascript and it legit just broke. But it worked like a damn charm when I first asked about the html, then asked it to style it then make the js.
I've found that its quite a decent writer aswell. Im really bad at writing catchy stuff for my website so I find it very handy to be able to ask it for things like "a catchy description for a mmorpg warrior class" and get a decent paragraph.

@Sprrw
You need to know that chat gpt will try to produce a code that does exactly what you have written. But often what you have written is not what you had on your mind. Plus those moments when its unable to provide correct answer and thats why it fails sometimes.

Ive already used chat gpt in my work for google apps scripts which is similar to javascript as far as I know. You can get the basic code working really fast but the thing is that it may be not optimized. Some people think that this bot will produce them flawless and super fast code but it will not, it will give you what you ask for.

So e.g. I asked it about some apps script doing things in google sheet on cells, columns and rows, and it made it but code was working slowly. When I asked it to optimize it, it tried but with little success. Why? Because I wasnt too specific. Basically working on invidual cells in google sheet is really slow. The crucial thing was to suggest a bot that it should store data in arrays, work on those arrays and then give out results and bingo. Code after that optimization was super fast.

And as you said, sometimes its better to ask it to do things in parts, start with basics and enhance the code step by step. Its not only better for bot to understand but its a lot better for human to name precisely what we want and its easier to think about every exceptions that may happen.

Back