• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alright, tutorial time?

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Eyo,
I am legit stuck in two places at the moment and figured out that I can do both at once Instead of giving up on both or one another when I really want to do both.
Soo.. Instead of going into the wall again and stopping Otland/Tibia and Youtube dreams I'll just try to do both at once and create Tutorials for the community to follow.
So,
Anyone In need of an tutorial on 10+ client side?

Just comment down below and give me Ideas and I'll try to research and get it up and post up tutorials here on Otland.

Last edited:
a communication tutorial between server and client would be nice, and show some basic possibilities like a countdown timer or something

@Klonera if you wish, a good youtube tutorial would be how to make OTClient work with TFS 1.2 with a custom RSA key, without using key.pem.
This is a must, to get a custom client for your server ;p

Tfs 1.2 is outdated
Time waste
I can't say i'm right, but for 8.6, I will wait for 1.4. Because it is a downgrade, TFS 1.3 by nekiro still has functions that are made for upper versions and things to fix, the repository is good to compare source code and see what is missing in previous versions, but if you apply some changes to this sources, at the moment, I have not find several bugs on them. And if found, solved them by comparing to TFS main repository (it is possible to say, i'm updated by following the commits, but not having the main new structure, vpckg, etc.).

Anyways, this doesn't mean I won't try to support 1.3, it is always possible to try its source code locally and contribute. By now, i'm just using what fits more to what I need. This comment can be wrong, a few months ago I've been too blind to see that 0.4 wasn't the right way to build 8.6.

@onTopic
If the tutorial is possible, will be helpfull ;)

Last edited:
I can't say i'm right, but for 8.6, I will wait for 1.4. Because it is a downgrade, TFS 1.3 by nekiro still has functions that are made for upper versions and things to fix, the repository is good to compare source code and see what is missing in previous versions, but if you apply some changes to this sources, at the moment, I have not find several bugs on them. And if found, solved them by comparing to TFS main repository (it is possible to say, i'm updated by following the commits, but not having the main new structure, vpckg, etc.).

Anyways, this doesn't mean I won't try to support 1.3, it is always possible to try its source code locally and contribute. By now, i'm just using what fits more to what I need. This comment can be wrong, a few months ago I've been too blind to see that 0.4 wasn't the right way to build 8.6.

@onTopic
If the tutorial is possible, will be helpfull ;)
Will check what I can do, might take some time.
Will get an update on the old TFS 1.2 tutorial onto TFS 1.3 like Levi suggested

Back