• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AMD's Bulldozer

Herpicus

Web Developer
Reaction score
I lol'd so hard. Faster clocks, more cores, performs worse.

tl;dr
Bulldozer disappoint son
2500K cheaper and out performs
Phenom sometimes out performs

And you waited for this
Done.

From the AnandTech Bulldozer review:
>"AMD also shared with us that Windows 7 isn't really all that optimized for Bulldozer."

Oh that's just brilliant. The OS can't handle the processor. Wonder where they got that advice from to say such a thing, that's almost the kind of talk a political activist would say: "Don't vote for that guy because you're a dumbass. Vote for my guy because he is x."

AMD, what the are you up to?

Its over, AMD is finished.

Someone call 911
mboIo.jpg

Bulldozer is great at pure integer math, but nothing else
0Wt9z.jpg

RK2gh.jpg

E7HSh.jpg

KPK0V.jpg

Last edited:
Just as expected, but how does it perform in gaming :p! that's what we're all here for anyway
Latest titles in the BF series seem to be able to use cores/threads more efficiently than the rest of games

Fuck...that is all.

j/k - They look amazing especially for the price comparing a £200 cpu to a £500 one is just amazing.

Fuck...that is all.

j/k - They look amazing especially for the price comparing a £200 cpu to a £500 one is just amazing.
Funny because the 2500K is £200 and the 2600K/2700K are around £300

inb4 Dildozer is AMD's CPU to compete with Sandy Bridge
HURRDURR

You must be some 41.*

Argument is invalid

Last edited:

>€

2600K is something more like €250. not 340?

Last edited:
Funny because the 2500K is £200 and the 2600K/2700K are around £300

inb4 Dildozer is AMD's CPU to compete with Sandy Bridge
HURRDURR

You must be some 41.*

Argument is invalid

Dude, what do you have against AMD, AMD is cheaper on the pocket and everyone knows it, you sound like an Intel Rep. with a bad case of MAD.
Everyone know Intel is top notch Technology, but sadly it hurts the pocket even by looking at it.

I'll stick with AMD because it provides decent CPU and GPU that work, if I even want anything higher than that, then I'll look at Intel.

It really depends what you use computer for.

But will you really use an i7 for a small to medium business as a server computer? will you use i7 for playing games when you can play next Gen Games using most of AMD hardware?

Edit: BTW, Like your Signature.

Dude, what do you have against AMD, AMD is cheaper on the pocket and everyone knows it, you sound like an Intel Rep. with a bad case of MAD.
Everyone know Intel is top notch Technology, but sadly it hurts the pocket even by looking at it.

I'll stick with AMD because it provides decent CPU and GPU that work, if I even want anything higher than that, then I'll look at Intel.

Where did I say I have anything against AMD?

Dildozer just came out and I am sharing how disappointing it was.

2500K is cheaper and better in most cases.
Phenom out performs it in some cases too!

This thread is basically just tells a cool story for bros, bro

will you use i7 for playing games when you can play next Gen Games using most of AMD hardware?
>i5

For those that only care about gaming:
fiXgg.jpg

The 2500K is cheap and better for gaming, pick your poison.

Last edited:
It's simple. Buy 2500k it's cheap and almost best in games for now.

AMD works great for me, never had any problems with it.

My GPU just had an driver update (AMD Radeon HD5850) and it went from 7.2 to 7.7 in windows test index. :p If I would be to buy the Intel alternative I would spend much more money on it, if I wanted to have similar performance.

I can agree that default (Release time drivers) of intel hardware is way better than AMD.

AMD works great for me, never had any problems with it.

My GPU just had an driver update (AMD Radeon HD5850) and it went from 7.2 to 7.7 in windows test index. :p If I would be to buy the Intel alternative I would spend much more money on it, if I wanted to have similar performance.

I can agree that default (Release time drivers) of intel hardware is way better than AMD.

Of course AMD has no problems with it, it's just that bulldozer was an extreme disappointment

Ok..

Lets go over the facts Then... number 1 selling computer company in sweden..

What is Cheapest of these.. AMD or Intel - Pure gaming like always.. none cares about aything else.. ;) if u do get an Xeon, or the AMD version.. dunno the name of the amd version sry for all the lovers..

Btw We don't got the bulldozer get anyways.. so i'll go with the AMD 6x BE -> tho not many Frames is diffrent from the Bulldozer :) so we can say it's a tie already..

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor = 1789Kr -> 195,20£

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition = 1674Kr -> 182,66£

fiXgg.jpg

AMD sure wins.. but only with 12,54£ + u just lot 30 fps in games .. :(

So for 10£~ Extra for the 2500k, u get 30 fps more in D11 Games -> awesome? yes -> u know its stable and if we do a Schedule plan on how games develop with graphics Intel wins :)

The AMD over 12 Months, lets say each new game Drops the FPS with 10 <-?
Month 1 -> 90,9 FPS
Month 2 -> 80,9 FPS
etc...
Month 9 -> 0,9 FPS <- UNPLAYEABLE
Month 12 -> -29.1 FPS ur Proccesor is already dead.. acnt even handle Facebook games now.. maybe they run backwards..? :eek:
--- AMD finished..
The Intel over 12 Months, lets say each new game Drops the FPS with 10 <-?
Month 1 -> 128.1 FPS
Month 2 -> 118.1 FPS
etc...
Month 9 -> 38,1 FPS <- still very playable in most games.. The AMD is already dead.. BUT HEY it got 6 cores right <3? <- AMD BS ;)
Month 12 ->8.1 FPS <- u can still play Facebook game atleast.. but with worst graphics .. :<

Intel wins :) it didnt even go under - ? Just a thing all of u AMD fans out there, AMD is great in some way. tho if i want a proccesor i want a beast. not a value proccesor who cant multitask a shit, tho u could always Buy an new Proccesor each Month if u like AMD that much, else just buy the best gaming proccesor which survives for atleast a couple of years?.. and u dont need to switch each summer

First AMD -> lets say it costs 40£
2nd AMD -> Lets say it costs 60£ -> Already spent 100£ :eek:?
3rd AMD -> lets say u want atleast something good this time -> 80£ -> Spent 180£ just to uppgrade.. awesome guys awesome.. Im still sitting on my 2500k and got awesome FPS <3 while u gotta uppgrade again to get even close to me :O? Gj AMD fans feed em more, or get a real PC already..

I'll stick to Intel aslong as i live, ofc i switch to AMD if they fix the Price vs Gaming performance ? Intel -> Rock Solid, while AMD -> Rubbish, for poor kids...

@up:
AMD over months lose fps? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

price/quality = AMD <3

AMD Fusion APU Llano in a Multi-Tasking Technology Demonstration - YouTube
Is this guy playing stupid or is he really stupid?..

Btw Why IN EARTH would u Clock ur 2600k to 2Ghz? Really that just proves how Intel still pwns AMD by FAR Intel can still run all those applications, tho they Only miss 1.7~1.8 GHz Now Plz show us a real comparison instead of Downclocking Intels Proccesor. + MAYBE u should stop look at Youtube Videos ROFL? go check a Real Site Like this for example:

Tom's Hardware: Hardware News, Tests and Reviews

Or something simular, check the benchmarks, not on a stupid Youtube Video, Everyone knows 99% of all results in Intel Vs AMD Videos is fake, U can't lagg that much in a Multitask. FFS my Dual Core can Render a Video + Play WoW with a fair 30 fps stable, + have a Video Running on my second screen, SO WHY IN EARTH would a Intels Latest Version of I7 Run like a Potatoe?, Ur facts is invalid, and u don't even got the rights nor speak/write in this Topic, ur giving false information, Come back when u found a Proper Benchmark Log and not from a Shitty Youtube site.

@up:
AMD over months lose fps? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

price/quality = AMD <3

ignorant fool, U think the Proccesor from 1991 IS running just as smooth as it does today if it has been running 24/7 for 20 years?
How the F*** are you counting? 1-12 Months reading is just a fast log, tho u could always buy 2 PCs Come back in 50 years and tell me who won the FPS with the new Games. Since i just made a fast calculation from 1-12 months doesn't mean its realtime wtf? not even my Proccesor is running as it did 3 years ago. But i dunno maybe u got a Diamond Proccesor Chip that never brakes and lasts for 200 years before u can see any negative effects on it..?

So yeah.. ur information makes no sense.

Bulldozer Opterons are going to be great for servers because a lot of server work can benefit from more coars and integer performance. BD-e better do well.

Back