• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

An appeal to the Oldschool Community. [7.4-7.72]

Okke

Retired
Solutions
Reaction score

Lovely Otlanders, I mean to keep this intro short and informative, so let's go the reason I'm opening this thread here.

I AM TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY SERVER THEY PLAY!

It doesn't matter what it is, they complain, either about the server being too high or low rates, Pay2Win to a certain point where it makes no sense, having a corrupt staff or even bad experiences due to the incompetence of an admin to not go with the flow of his players.

My goal here is to build something for the community and most important of all, WITH the community.

So you must be sitting there and thinking: "What does this dude has to offer?"

Well, I've been lucky enough to get some "pretty good" files and engine from a really nice guy a long, long time ago and I've been working on them mostly every night for a good time by now. Even though those files are "nothing too special" in the OpenTibia World, I could offer a 7.72 RealMap with most things working, from small (every book is placed right with the right text, even smallest things like the Sorcerer Quarter in Thais with only sorcerer's being able to pass through, Kazordoon Elevator, and whatever else you could think of basically) to big things (I guess over 95% of all quests are working, I tested all of the ones I could think of! Formulas are perfectly tested and balanced aswell, PvP feels awesome).

Now you go on with thinking: "Well, we're all going to have different opinions about how a server should work!"

I really want to get information about what you guys actually want, from every single one of you, so I can write everything down, create statistics and try my best to make each of you happy in a way the other one is as happy as you are.

I'm really sorry this got "too" long, but I'm really looking forward to get some feedback, I'm pretty active here and I'll answer and debate/discuss everything with you, if it needs to be discussed, of course, therefore I want you to have a HOME feeling while playing, like you've done something for it and you're part of what I want to make.

Darkest Regards,
Okke.

Why did you link the definition to greetings ? Lol

Do you think we don't understand the meaning of the word greet? -.^

"I AM TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY SERVER THEY PLAY!"
News flash homie..
PS: Regular joes contribute very little.. they just play and then bitch when they don't like something. Very few ppl actually take the time to go vote and get involved..
Everyone likes to bitch when something isn't to their liking but when it entails getting the regular crown to help enact change and get involved. GL.

Your better off creating a great server with good core content to the old school real map, building your community, and then start changing the server based on players gameplay and suggestions after launch.
Theres been enough old school posts to figure out what all old schools core needs are..
Hard to get ppl to participate when you have nothing released or no name built.

Last edited:
Well, thanks for the feedback.

It's no help but I'll have then to first release shit so people can actually see what I'm talking about.

This is nothing new within the last 4-5 years.
It is, in my opinion, one of the biggest contributing factors to the decline of Open Tibia.

Why would any serious developer / team consider creating a quality server when all they receive in return is immaturity and incessant negativism?

Red

Well, thanks for the feedback.

It's no help but I'll have then to first release shit so people can actually see what I'm talking about.
I just mean its hard to get participation and a community built on a project as deep as helping develop core aspects of the server when there's no server released. Not many people want to put in their time.. everyones lazy >.>.. just my opinion

Heres an answer to your post(I rlly kinda couldnt find what you were wanting us to respond to...)..

An old school 7.4-7.72 real map should have 99% of the old school quests scripted to completion...
The rates should be mid to high....Nothing too high..
No one should be able to donate for money...or any items or SSA's.. golden account seems reasonable... or other NON OP donations that do not effect ingame performance..(addons, outfits)
exhausts should be fine tuned... (attack 1800~? )
Spells should be 100% formulated correctly matching cipsofts versions...

7.4 Parcels and Height stack should work to version

Mana fluids and exhaustions should work according to version
Hydras should probably be added to the 7.4 version

Little bug fixes matter... it makes your server stand above others.. Diagonal movement exhaust rune shooting... etc

Burst arrow formula perfect please

Anti-Bot Client is obviously an absolute must now days..

Try to keep on the deadlines you release publicly..

GL

This is nothing new within the last 4-5 years.
It is, in my opinion, one of the biggest contributing factors to the decline of Open Tibia.

Why would any serious developer / team consider creating a quality server when all they receive in return is immaturity and incessant negativism?

Red

Well Red, that's the point I'm trying to shove off my project. This is a "Hobby" I have, and I'm not interested in money (I've got a job ;) ).

The idea is following: if I'm building something with the community, as I wrote on my announce, there won't be incessant negativism, since marjority's opion count. The goal is to make everyone happy.

Immaturity is unavoidable, but this is quite easy to counter, once you have arguments and reason.

I just mean its hard to get participation and a community built on a project as deep as helping develop core aspects of the server when there's no server released. Not many people want to put in their time.. everyones lazy >.>.. just my opinion

Heres an answer to your post(I rlly kinda couldnt find what you were wanting us to respond to...)..

An old school 7.4-7.72 real map should have 99% of the old school quests scripted to completion...
The rates should be mid to high....Nothing too high..
No one should be able to donate for money...or any items or SSA's.. golden account seems reasonable... or other NON OP donations that do not effect ingame performance..(addons, outfits)
exhausts should be fine tuned... (attack 1800~? )
Spells should be 100% formulated correctly matching cipsofts versions...

7.4 Parcels and Height stack should work to version

Mana fluids and exhaustions should work according to version
Hydras should probably be added to the 7.4 version

Little bug fixes matter... it makes your server stand above others.. Diagonal movement exhaust rune shooting... etc

Burst arrow formula perfect please

Anti-Bot Client is obviously an absolute must now days..

Try to keep on the deadlines you release publicly..

GL

Thanks for this answer, this is just fine, now I can build something over it.

All I can say:

• It probably got over 95% of quests scripted to worked like they should.
  • Rates can be changed whenever I test everything out, you know, I wanted to make it not that easy, but something like playing for 2 weeks would get you to massive pvp.
  • Donates would be only for getting houses / premium outfits / maybe 5% more loot(?) / there is only one item I put into the game for light (its a necklace which can be compared to Platinum Amulet (arm:2) and gives you 10 sqm.radius light).
  • Exhausts are pretty much like cipsoft's.
  • Spells formulas are "pretty" precise, since they're not the ones you get from "data packs" on forums.
  • Parcel Stack / UHTRAP is going to be built in (needs only 10-20 lines source edit).
  • Hydras are a thing to discuss about - my map has got them but many people think they are too OP, then they're quite easy to kill and they give loads of exp.
  • Diagonal movement and exhaust rune shooting must be tested > added to the list.
  • Burst arrows are working as they should.
  • My client's been finished yesterday, it's got a new class (conventional bots wont work and it's got a new RSA-Key, matching to the one on my sources, so you can't login from another client, before you decrypted my client).
  • The release date? Mhmmpf, the thing runs pretty fine already, I wanted to make a public test server before going online, next month maybe(?) -> I work on it every night after I come home from work, so it might take 2-3 weeks to be "as perfect as it can".

Last edited:
I am going to write something else basing on Open Tibia Server and Client sources. Back then I had a dream but no experience in advanced programming or C++ at all. Right now I am on 2nd year of my University of Technology and I spent A LOT of time writing in C++. I even wrote my own games in SFML, normal Dungeon Crawler roguelike and console RPG. Now I know how it works and will be able to do what I want it to while having stable server and client. I wanted to make MMORPG myself but it would take A WHOLE LOT of time as I really did my homework and researched through all this stuff. I also got a lot better with designing, made changes to my ideas to fit players as well. I won't commit it as OTS though, I would like to call it new game rather as Tibia is falling apart (too bad, 10 years of my childhood and even time later on :3 ) . Cheers mates.

Greets!

I would like to begin with saying that I wish you the best of luck with whatever you will do and that I couldn't agree more about bad servers and complains, specially too many normal tibia real map servers.

The fact is that their is alot of "Oldschool" servers out there and a couple is really good, I have been thinking of making one of my own for several years, exactly the way you describe it, exactly the way the best ones are but with "wanted community updates" and so on, and I still might one day.
However, unless you bring something new to that oldschool aspect or somehow make it so much better then the already "100%" rightfully scripted oldschool servers you could be wasting your time.

I might be wrong here but according to the files you have been working with, basicly everything already exists. You might have made 95% of the quests and scripts to work like they are and you should be proud if you made it yourself but I hate to say it, if I download Printers Amazing pack I probably get a 97%-98% functionality.
Where does that leave you?

I do not intent to be rude or ruin your "idea", but the idea and actual servers are already out there, people need to see what YOU can bring as a new aspect before they can bring their ideas, twists and wanted features, you're the developer, not them.
How come you're not thinking of something new that no one ever played, something custom, big or small and not something 95% is already doing? (Real Map)

I'd say that you finish your server as you are so close and see where it leads.

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Last edited:
Greets!

I would like to begin with saying that I wish you the best of luck with whatever you will do and that I couldn't agree more about bad servers and complains, specially too many normal tibia real map servers.

The fact is that their is alot of "Oldschool" servers out there and a couple is really good, I have been thinking of making one of my own for several years, exactly the way you describe it, exactly the way the best ones are but with "wanted community updates" and so on, and I still might one day.
However, unless you bring something new to that oldschool aspect or somehow make it so much better then the already "100%" rightfully scripted oldschool servers you could be wasting your time.

I might be wrong here but according to the files you have been working with, basicly everything already exists. You might have made 95% of the quests and scripts to work like they are and you should be proud if you made it yourself but I hate to say it, if I download Printers Amazing pack I probably get a 97%-98% functionality.
Where does that leave you?

I do not intent to be rude or ruin your "idea", but the idea and actual servers are already out there, people need to see what YOU can bring as a new aspect before they can bring their ideas, twists and wanted features, you're the developer, not them.
How come you're not thinking of something new that no one ever played, something custom, big or small and not something 95% is already doing? (Real Map)

I'd say that you finish your server as you are so close and see where it leads.

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Hello Eldin,

thanks a lot for the luck wishes.

As I said up there, I want to build something over it. E.G. Finish Tibia mysteryes that have been around for a long time, write new books and add them strategically to the shelfs and many other stuff that can be disscused when it comes to point.

If Printers "Amazing Pack" has 97-98% functionality, then I got over 99%.

I completely understand your point here, many people can't find a place to actually play the game for longer than 2 months without getting a reason to leave, from bad programmed game (spells formulas, map, missing content) to staff corruption and not being able to trust the person who's behind the project.

I know I'm the developer, but my vision is only mine, I'm a minority among players (I'm also an anarchist in real life, it just doesn't work to throw my shit out there and tell them: "eat it or don't". I work as a system administrator in a software developing enterprise, I've been working here for a long time by now and all I say is that I've learnt lots in building something for someone else, thats the spoken case here :)) , all I'm actually wishing to do is to come toward future players ideas and find a point where everyone is fine with.

And thanks for your feedback aswell Eldin, I see you've got a big name @ Otland, I'm honored to have had you in my thread.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

vanilla ice cream - in a cone...

You can't satisfy all players or people in general, that's a life lesson: 50 % of the people want this - 50% of the people want that....
In today's world, this gets even more obscure: fully accessable media and globalization developed some kind of subconcious modern selfexpression.
Which means that today you have all kinds of people wanting all kinds of different things and all of them are standing up for their very own beliefs and opinions as THE right thing.
You can't satisfy everyone, because some of them might want the contrary of what others want. This rule applies to kind of all situations in life.
  • You should go with that, what satisfies you first of.
  • Then you build a community of people enjoying the server the way you made it.
  • Then be happy with the way it is, even if it's just a small community.
For me personally, what I miss in projects is the reliability. I want a project that is, to some extend, taken seriously and also ment for a long term - not one to three months, but years.

Good luck to you :)

Back