• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

An effective, working way for getting rid of afkbotters! @Mark and Shadows staff:read

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Shadowcores Staff!
Hello Shadowcores Players!
I hear many people complain about afk-botters these days, and while there is rarely an answer of the Shadowcores Team or Staff on it, you deliver the feeling that you cannot handle this problem(or secretly may not want to?! No offending anyways!). However I have been in OTS maybee more than the average player here, so I know, there definitly ARE simple ways to check afk-botters and ban-or jail them!
There already exists a working afk-botter system by Darkhaos.
It contains the following functions:

Player is being online 15 minutes.
[Antibot]: Please say !antibot 5%8&9^2*3 without symbols. Ex: code: 1*5^8¿6%9 -> !antibot 15869. Remember that you have 2 minutes to do that or you will be kicked.
Player: !antibot 58923
[Antibot]: Enjoy your time!
--Else (Incorrect code)
[Antibot]: You have 2 more opportunities to try it again.
--If player says 3 times an incorrect code, will be kicked.
--If player don't say the correct code in the following 2 minutes (configurable), will be kicked.

Link:
http://otland.net/f81/talkaction-creatureevent-antibot-system-126461/

Now the script is configurable and shouldnt be a problem at all to adjust it to our needs.

That means you got maybee 10mins instead of 2mins to answer, cuz if you are at war,..,then asking the player not only once after 15mins, but every 2hours. And give players the opportunity to check other players one time in 2hours. All this canvbe added/edited easily and dont tell me thats impossible or would need too much time!
You should not be kicked but banned for 7days if saying 3 times the wrong answer.

Here you got a great solution. Deny it or not, here is a solution. If you proove that you wanna get rid of afkbotters, like the realplayers, then use the script.if not show your sympathy for theafkbots.

Cheers,
//Damon

what if somebody is red skull with 15 minutes of pz lock runing like a motherfucker and got kicked by this shit system?

Welcome to new era, era of botters ;)

PD: he dont know the bot's i think :c

what if somebody is red skull with 15 minutes of pz lock runing like a motherfucker and got kicked by this shit system?

Well, I understand what you are trying to say, but no worries, there is a solution for it, too :)
Either add to script amth like : ifredskulls then more time to answer.
Or simply add a talkaction !notnow, which can be executed two times within 24 hours and frees him from answering the question. This he could easily put on a hotkey and he doesnt have to deal with the question anymore.

Dude, that's that idea won't work... An easy sed script solves that shit instantly ;)

That's the worst idea ever...

Wonder if u are in trap, healing non stop and u have to write a stupid command? Gtfo with this shit

And it would be pretty annoying for all players, not only for botters.

Fucking stupid idea...
Search more scripts like this , go make Shadowcores a EVO , not a RL map..

Battle
Commander :" Oh sory guys i'm kicked because i'm botter ;/"

nice joke

That's the worst idea ever...

Wonder if u are in trap, healing non stop and u have to write a stupid command? Gtfo with this shit

And it would be pretty annoying for all players, not only for botters.

Did you read what I wrote? In that case you just got to press f10 or anything and you dont have to answer question:
simply add a talkaction !notnow, which can be executed two times within 24 hours and frees him from answering the question. This he could easily put on a hotkey and he doesnt have to deal with the question anymore.
----
The only other possibility of getting rid of bits would be using a bot detecting system or MORE GMS.

Did you read what I wrote? In that case you just got to press f10 or anything and you dont have to answer question:

----
The only other possibility of getting rid of bits would be using a bot detecting system or MORE GMS.

As I already stated, a bot can easily answer the question or press the button... So it's useless defending it

Well the button could only be pressed twice /24hours. And math question might be more difficult for bot.
Otherwhise more gms or bot detction. New server no sence, see what happened to luna

Well the button could only be pressed twice /24hours. And math question might be more difficult for bot.
Otherwhise more gms or bot detction. New server no sence, see what happened to luna

math questions are also doable.. Believe me, you will need a bash + sed script for that, which makes it a bit harder, but still pretty easy...

math questions are also doable.. Believe me, you will need a bash + sed script for that, which makes it a bit harder, but still pretty easy...

Yeah, if that would be done sometime id be glad

With all respect, I really don't feel like having to think about typing some stupid code so I don't get kicked, it sucks for the people who are just fooling around in town and they will be annoyed with it.

Also, try hunting some Ghastly Dragons and see if you even notice incoming messages.

Too much hassle for too little gain, sorry.

As we've said a few times since and before the launch of ShadowCores: we're not going to fight botters, so no, it's not that we can't handle it or that we're secretly ignoring the problem. We're allowing it to happen becuase that's how a lot of players prefer to play Tibia today. It's sad, but if you want to run a successful server for Tibia, you'll have to accept that because that's what CipSoft has turned the game into. With that said, we're still punishing AFK-botters when people report them by putting them in jail until server save (since we added stamina, this is an even stronger punishment because they won't even regenerate stamina in there). The reason why we're only jailing them and not banning or deleting them is because we only want to discourage them from AFK-botting, we don't want them to quit playing here. There is also a significant party experience share bonus and the stamina system enabled to encourage hunting manually with other players. If we wanted to, we could get rid of botters altogether because it's not that hard to automatically detect botters, but that's not what we want. We rather spend our time working on new updates for the community than chasing AFK-botters.

Yeah, if that would be done sometime id be glad

He means that the problem still can be parsed and solved by a computer, not that a math problem would be the solution to stop afk botters.

Back