• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

"An error occorred while sending email!" - acc maker

kluku

Reaction score
Hey, I have problem with acc maker - "Lost Account"
When I enter there and set character name and
"Send me new password and my account name to account e-mail adress"
and i set "E-mail to account: "
then
An error occorred while sending email! Try again or contact with admin.

htdocs\config\config.php
Code:
// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['send_emails'] = 1; // is acc. maker configured to send e-mails?
$config['site']['mail_address'] = "[email protected]"; // e-mail address
$config['site']['smtp_enabled'] = "yes"; // send by smtp or mail function (set 0 if use mail function)
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "mail.gmail.com"; // address
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = 25; // port
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "fyes"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "example"; // login
$config['site']['smtp_pass'] = "topsecret"; // password

Whats wrong?

Try
PHP:
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "ssl://mail.gmail.com"; // address
Rep ++

// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['send_emails'] = 1; // is acc. maker configured to send e-mails?
$config['site']['smtp_enabled'] = "yes"; // send by smtp or mail function (set 0 if use mail function)
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = 25; // port
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "yes"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "[email protected]"; // login
$config['site']['smtp_pass'] = "wowsecret"; // password

this is mine and didn't get woring show me this in website when i try to send the email
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

how can i fix it?:S

ssl is not port 25, you need port: 465 or 587

And your:
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "fyes"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)

should be:
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "yes"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)

(you had an extra f)

Code:
// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = 465; // port
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "example"; // login

and same problem
(port 587 doesnt work too)

Whats wrong? :(

Yeah I have been working on this same issue. A quick, small, step by step tutorial would be very nice.

Code:
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "ssl://smtp.gmail.com"; // address
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "1"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)
working gmail config(adress user and pass fill by yourself, btw as login use full adress)

Alright, I have those exact settings.. Still having the same issue. Is there any other file that I must configure for this to work correctly? Or is it only config.php??

Try this
Code:
// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['send_emails'] = "1";
$config['site']['mail_address'] = "[email protected]";
$config['site']['smtp_enabled'] = "yes";
$config['site']['smtp_host'] = "smtp.gmail.com";
$config['site']['smtp_port'] = "465"; //YOU CAN CHANGE THIS ON WINDOWS LIVE MAIL/OUTLOOK or whatever program you use, CHECK IT! trys this 465.
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "yes";
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "example";
$config['site']['smtp_pass'] = "topsecret";

Yeah I don't think it's the settings in config.php that i'm having a problem with. What other files do I have to setup. In the read me in the folder phpmailer it instructs us to

Copy class.phpmailer.php into your php.ini include_path. If you are
using the SMTP mailer then place class.smtp.php in your path as well.
In the language directory you will find several files like
phpmailer.lang-en.php. If you look right before the .php extension
that there are two letters. These represent the language type of the
translation file. For instance "en" is the English file and "br" is
the Portuguese file. Chose the file that best fits with your language
and place it in the PHP include path. If your language is English
then you have nothing more to do. If it is a different language then
you must point PHPMailer to the correct translation. To do this, call
the PHPMailer SetLanguage method like so:

Is any of this nessary and if so how Do i go about doing it?

Well, im not sure if its necessary, once that i get my email to work just on config.php from gesior and i didnt do ny of this @up, BUT i dont use smtp as well.
Here's the thing, is this email config you are trying to setup the thing needed to get Account Lost to work? Or you are trying to do something like
Contatc Us, what would pop up an outlook windows to send you an email?

Ok, I made my whole site and forgot about it, i just configures it when i read your post, and it is working (#iguess?).
Well, did you try another email like [email protected], without smtp thing, like deactivating it " $config['site']['smtp_host'] = "0" ", just to see if that is really the problem?
Whats the difference bwtwen using smtp or not? The lost acc mail is sent to the player, am I not correct?

Wow, i just tested, and smtp or not the error is the same: An error occorred while sending email! Try again or contact with admin.

Hang on, gonna try it harder

Aff my new config

Code:
// E-MAIL config
$config['site']['smtp_auth'] = "1"; // need authorization? (set 0 if not need auth)
$config['site']['smtp_user'] = "[email protected]"; // login

still doesnt work :(

Yes you are correct sort of. The e-mail is sent to the player, so they can recover their password.

Smtp, Stands for (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). And what it does is connects to a remote e-mail server. In my case I want it to connect to mail.gmail.com Or ssl://mail.gmail.com Whichever one works. After it connects it uses My (gmail) account to send the information to the player.

All of my settings in config.php are correct. Do I have to change anything in class.phpmailer.php Or class.smtp.php???

I have also requested a Tutorial on this problem. As I am seeing a lot of people having it http://otland.net/f140/smtp-71358/.

I will Rep whomever can help me though this problem.

hm, ok, im advanced a step here, im going through the archive LOSTACCOUNT.php in ACTION = sendcode, going to check the things here

Back