• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Android sound issue

Erikas Kontenis

Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Hello,

I wouldn't bet that anyone would help me with regarding the issue but I will try. Since I actually overspent too much hours on that and potentially will try weeks later from now on to work on this issue.

In short: I am using otcv8 and in windows the sound system works perfectly. However, in android client there I have issues and the issue is the audio simply doesn't play.

Firstly, if defining FW_SOUND then includes of AL are not found and the directory where it exists are the same as defined in apple otcv8-dev/declarations.h at master · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/master/src/framework/sound/declarations.h#L36) and it compiles all fine however audio files does not actually play.

Secondly, I thought it may be that I am missing some permissions in android manifest: Android permission READ_MEDIA_AUDIO and READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE for API level < 33 (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73985513/android-permission-read-media-audio-and-read-external-storage-for-api-level-33) however adding anything related also doesn't solve the issue.

Lastly, the objects of g_sounds and musicChannel = g_sounds.getChannel(SoundChannels.Music) are initiated successfully in android client too and function musicChannel:enqueue(musicFilename, 0) executes sucessfuly however no audio actually plays. Again to mention this issue doesn't exist in windows client. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I also bet that the same issue has mehah client and you guys just recently launched with android port I saw in which I am extremely interested and happy to see!

Hello,

I wouldn't bet that anyone would help me with regarding the issue but I will try. Since I actually overspent too much hours on that and potentially will try weeks later from now on to work on this issue.

In short: I am using otcv8 and in windows the sound system works perfectly. However, in android client there I have issues and the issue is the audio simply doesn't play.

Firstly, if defining FW_SOUND then includes of AL are not found and the directory where it exists are the same as defined in apple otcv8-dev/declarations.h at master · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8/otcv8-dev/blob/master/src/framework/sound/declarations.h#L36) and it compiles all fine however audio files does not actually play.

Secondly, I thought it may be that I am missing some permissions in android manifest: Android permission READ_MEDIA_AUDIO and READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE for API level < 33 (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73985513/android-permission-read-media-audio-and-read-external-storage-for-api-level-33) however adding anything related also doesn't solve the issue.

Lastly, the objects of g_sounds and musicChannel = g_sounds.getChannel(SoundChannels.Music) are initiated successfully in android client too and function musicChannel:enqueue(musicFilename, 0) executes sucessfuly however no audio actually plays. Again to mention this issue doesn't exist in windows client. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I also bet that the same issue has mehah client and you guys just recently launched with android port I saw in which I am extremely interested and happy to see!
PM

Update? Solution?
I still didn't find solution. But I have some thoughts that OpenAL doesn't work very out of the box in android platform at all.
FYI: He never PM me and didn't respond to my message request too.

I am still very seeking for solution but for now I am not spending time on this issue. However if any has some tips or have experience in there any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ainda não encontrei solução. Mas acho que o OpenAL não funciona muito bem na plataforma Android.

FYI: Ele nunca me invejou PM e também não respondeu ao meu pedido de mensagem.

Ainda estou procurando muito por uma solução, mas por enquanto não estou perdendo tempo com esse problema. No entanto, se alguém tiver algumas dicas ou tiver experiência, qualquer ajuda seria muito apreciada!

I have the same problem😵‍💫

Olá,

Não apostaria que alguém me ajudaria em relação ao assunto, mas vou tentar. Já que na verdade gastei muitas horas nisso e potencialmente tentarei semanas depois trabalhar nesse problema.

Resumindo: estou usando otcv8 e no windows o sistema de som funciona perfeitamente. No entanto, no cliente Android, tenho problemas e o problema é que o áudio simplesmente não é reproduzido.

Em primeiro lugar, se definir FW_SOUND então as inclusões de AL não são encontradas e o diretório onde ele existe é o mesmo definido em apple otcv8-dev/declarations.h em master · OTCv8/otcv8-dev (https://github.com/OTCv8 /otcv8-dev/blob/master/src/framework/sound/declarations.h#L36) e compila tudo bem, mas os arquivos de áudio não são reproduzidos.

Em segundo lugar, pensei que talvez estivessem faltando algumas permissões no manifesto do Android: permissão do Android READ_MEDIA_AUDIO e READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE para nível de API <33 (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73985513/android-permission-read-media-audio- and-read-external-storage-for-api-level-33) , no entanto, adicionar qualquer coisa relacionada também não resolve o problema.

Por último, os objetos g_sounds e musicChannel = g_sounds.getChannel(SoundChannels.Music) também são iniciados com sucesso no cliente Android e a função musicChannel:enqueue(musicFilename, 0) é executada com sucesso, mas nenhum áudio é realmente reproduzido. Mais uma vez, para mencionar que esse problema não existe no cliente Windows. Quaisquer dicas seriam extremamente apreciadas! Aposto também que o mesmo problema tem o cliente mehah e vocês lançaram recentemente com android port que vi no qual estou extremamente interessado e feliz em ver!
sorry to revive the topic, but I also managed to compile it, and enter the game normally, but the sound on mobile still doesn't work, on Windows it's working normally, so I did that from the lib you mentioned, I replaced it and at the time of clag.exe error compilation, could you give me more information?

Back