• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Animera V6] - 10+ years old project finally ready to relaunch after another 3 years, looking for feedback.

Animera

Solutions
Reaction score
anisig.png

7.png

Foreword
Warning this thread gives quite a lot of spoilers, if you don't want to spoil for yourself just skip it.
I do not want to bash any other project and i will not call names, but when i see the advertisement threads i see a lot of 'shit' (no offense).

Servers that look to have potential on paper (features that's getting shown, even though the majority is copypasta) or only has to offer (shiny sprites/client) instead of gameplay(It's not that i do not like it, because i must say some projects has a really nice themes!). Or shows 2 cool custom screenshots of spawns (and then it seems to be the only 2 custom pieces of the project) or claiming to have a 'custom' map while the majority is just downloads page (which is reused 9999 times in any other TP server). Shoutout to those who try to deliver quality and work with sweat/tears/passion!

What i am trying to say is that this project has actually loads of details/content/fun for all kind of players i've worked over 10 years on this project. Tweaked to perfection in every way, from bugs to features. I dare to say that this project is one of the most complete servers out here (we're already planning out ideas for V7 :X).

New classes
(We have now in total 12 classes with the 5 mentioned here below).
Black Knight, Demon hunter, Rogue, Samurai & Conjurer.

Black Knight
4.png

Black knight is similar to a knight except it has slightly more damage potential and slightly lower blocking potential then a real knight, it does much better job in PVP but does a worse job then a normal knight in PVE as some of them spells are dark elemental which has a worse coverage compared to the almighty physical. It comes with few special abilities: De-taunting, Melee with a curse condition damage is skill based and the ability to break aol/blessings(can't be used if the user is blessed himself).

Demon hunter
5.png

Demon hunter is similar to paladin except it uses death elemental spells and guns! Yes guns, from ladygun to RPG. It has it's own ways for cloud control as the paladin.. but the demon hunter's attack speed depends on the weapon and not the skill, the skill will only reduce reload time..

Rogue
9.png

Rogue one of the most challenging class but maybe the most satisfying too.
If you thought a sorcerer was a glass cannon then don't even try rogue.
Low health, close combat but untrappable due to shadow slash.
Also it's avoid chance is increased during the night.

Samurai
10.png

Similar to a rogue except the way you use it is different, samurai's passive allows samurai to increase critical damage when health gets lower.
Samurai's health is higher as the rogue, but to reach it's full potential it should balance on where the critical passive is at best...

Conjurer
17.png

The first tanky mage compared to other mages it has mana issues, but due to it's elemental coverage, good health, decent healing and distances it makes it possibly the most convenient to play. It comes with many different summons, from a instant summon wave, summons that explodes on touch, to summons who assist for a certain period.

New Tiers
New tiers added into the game also some lower gears and weapons got improved.

Custom Spells
We've added some new custom spells (not talking about the custom spells of the new classes), or changed a few spells. But the majority of the new spells can be found in the spell scrolls.

Custom Weapons
Many new weapons have been introduced. Outside of the special weapons for rogue and demonhunter, and the new tiers. We also have some other special weapons. Like bonebreaker having 2 range, reworked ice rapier aka haunted glass rapier, ray gun(which shoots a beam), a chain healing staff and many more weapons!

Imbuements
14.png

Our imbuements work different then the imbuements were familiar with.

I've had to do it my way so i did. When imbueing your main weapon(left slot) it has a passive ability for 24 hours. The passive has 8% chance to activate on every swing. The passive is in most cases a spell which will be casted without any mana cost or exhaust. Sometimes it gives the class a passive or enchances a certain class passive. The effect depends on class and imbuement rank (which is randomly every imbuement). Imbuements can be made in sunrise city with resources that can be mined mostly.

AI
Many creatures and bosses have a certain AI.

People who have played Animera already know partially of the new AI. But we've added many more AI and more AI to creatures. This way lots of creatures become more unique!

Like ghosts being able to walk through everything, razowing moth is able to fly over water and try to zoom around the target, dungeon worm that tries to attack from the underground, exotic wasps with a crazy sting/swarming mechanism etc.

The environment is changing!
8.png

To make the game overall less static and hunting in general we've added some changes to give you more an engaging environment.

Seasons

Every day there a random season gets chosen with it's own benefits and drawbacks (The benefits are bigger then the drawbacks).
For example winter may give 5% damage boost to all ice damage coming from players and monsters, and 5% reduction to fire. But winter also gives 10% skilling boost.

Day/Night System

The day/night system is a bit different compared to the vanilla.
The normal night(and other special nights) has a 10% respawn boost compared to during the day.
Outside of just day & night, we also have sunset and 'special nights'.

This special night could be: Full Moon, Red moon, Smog and Purple Mist. All coming with different effects. Outside of possible elemental bonusses/debuffs there is also a global effect. e.g. Red moon increases damage by 15% for all players & monsters!

Did i also mention that city lights gets turned on/off animated when it gets night/morning?

Weather

While it's raining everyone who walks in the rain walks slower, also fire damage gets reduced and energy damage can chain to nearby monsters/players. When you are killing monsters inside the rain while sunset is up you get a 20% experience boost coming with a rainbow effect.

Rain chances also depends on the season.

Nature System
1.png

Yes, we got more. For example when you are casting a fire spell and the target is walking on grass/dark grass/dry grass or something similar it has a chance to chain to nearby monsters + a slight increase in damage.

But it also gets damage reduction during rain or when casted on water / underwater.

The same counts for energy spells but the conditions switched.

For other elements(except for physical and other misc) there is no chance to chain, but there is a more reliable damage increase/debuff.

Also the damage may be influenced if used below surface or above etc.

Randomized monsters & spawns:
2.png

With randomized monsters i mean in outfit.

The majority of human like creatures has a variety of outfits/addons/possible colors too combination that differs for every creature.

Normally you would encounter orcs only at the orc fortress or nearby the entrance of it. But sometimes they should going outside to gather resources right? So that's one of the reasoning of the randomized spawns. So sometimes there might be one or more orcs doing their thing in the swamp nearby.

It's not a 'real spawn' because the amount is often low, varies in size and position. Also they dissapear again after a certain amount of time.

But there is more for example during night there may be more bats flying around in the nature, and during spring you might find more wasps and stuff flying around...

or at certain season/day there is chance to spawn a rare boss or special monsters to mount.

Other details:

To make the game less static we've added more then just damage multipliers. For example during full moon a spawn turns into werewolves. During red moon all minotaurus gets a speed boost, some creatures become more aggresive.

During purple mist a teleport might appear somewhere.. During rain all sea creatures gets a speed boost. During winter there is also a chance that wolfs become winter wolves...

Outside of that we also have a few more systems that may bring more variation to your 'static adventure'!

Sometimes a random npc spawn (with random outfit/strength/intention etc).

Some npc's might ask for your help because they are getting attacked by X creatures or asking you certain items and will reward in items/exp or something else in return. Others might want to pk you, or will attack if there is a skulled player insight (no worries, they dissapear when they lose target).

Some even try to steal from you or just greet you...

Also there may be randomly spawning somewhere a dimension rift and cursed chests. I think so many Ots are using cursed chest system that i do not need to explain what it does... But the dimension rift is hole from other dimension, by trying to destroy the dimension rift a lot of monsters will try to enter the spawn. It may be worth if your handling the spawn easily, so you could grind more experience/loot etc. Without worrying about getting swarmed...

New Story Mode Chapters!
11.png

Yes, 3x9 new story mode chapters continuation of the previous 3x9 story mode chapters. Added with many new cutscenes, rewards and other story mode only mechanisms.

New Client
15.png

Outside of all the benefits of the OTCv8

Much better performance, many new features(many old commands moved to modules as it's easier to remember or to use for those who always have trouble remembering the command/parameter requirements), cleaner UI, new graphics, better gaming quality e.g. Hotkeys/Client Hotkeys/

moving stackable items is reversed from the vanilla. As the chances are more likely that you would move the stack all at once instead of moving it by bits and pieces. So to 'control' the amount of stackable items you want to move you use the 'ctrl' button when moving.

Options to choose (compact) health bar / health bar with opacity options or 'classic'.

Dual Wielding
16.png

You are now able to dual wield in-game, dual wielding allows you to double your attack speed, but this comes with a drawback! It will set your defense to 0! so use it wisely in your building synergy.

All 2 handed weapons except bows/crossbows are now 1 handed.

If the weapon contains a attribute e.g. Manaleech, it will only apply on the left hand (the main hand). So the stats doesn't double!

Dungeon System
12.png

At this moment there are 7 dungeons. With each 3 instances, so in total 21 dungeons available. You can join in solo or with a team(Make sure to create a party before setting up a dungeon). You are able to choose the difficulty.

The higher the difficulty or player group the higher the experience / amount of monsters / damage and health gain of monsters and bosses and ofcourse the end reward. You can do one dungeon every hour and every dungeon can be done once each 24 hours.

Prestiges
19.png

Prestiges is a system similar to the skill/mastery points system which ables you to gain additional boosts.
You can get prestiges by buying them, there is quite a variety of prestiges that you can invest into!
Like increasing weapon damage, spell damage, healing amount, damage reduction or even gold rate!
The prestiges can be removed whenever you want, but this requires to buy all the prestiges again!

Item Sets
18.png

To make the average item more valuable we've introduced the item sets. Item sets can give stat bonusses based on the items you wear and how complete it is.

But we also have some special effects...

Like the pirate set increases the gold rate, the nerd set increases the exp rate, or the reflector set has a chance to shoot glass strikes when being hit..

New Droppables!
6.png

Outside of the upgrade crystals there is now also war crystal (another upgrade item), but also many more stuff like boss artifact (which ables you to summon a boss in the artifact room), Golden piggy banks (gives exp), Morhp Rune (Ables to clone creatures, doesn't work on bosses though), Heroic coins (Ables you to buy every donation item, also available in daily reward/event reward etc). Locked treasures with treasure keys (the numbers must match, and can give a big variety of items!), and ofcourse pet eggs, soul stones, spell scrolls, temporary boosts as usual.

Achievements
Many new achievements added.

Misc Skills
To give people variety and additional ways to gather resources and/or money. We've added the misc skills. Mining, Cooking, Crafting, Fishing and Lockpicking.

The misc skills aren't super important, like you could still do whatever you want without it. But it ables you to get resources for gear that you can't loot or find the quest for, or make the average hunting loot more profitable by turning it into a gear. Or for other stuff like additional buffs, resources for addons/mounts and/or quests.

Bot
3.png

How much i hated to do this for certain reasons, i decided to add a bot in the client.

I never liked the fact that 'players' were 'playing' a game through a bot. Not only because it's unfair or strange (i do understand the feeling waking up with backpacks filled with GP's/lvl/skills but if you're not playing who is actually having fun? Oh yeah the bot does...)

But there are many reasons why i decided to add the bot into the client.​
  • First of all tibia is barely a skilled game anymore. Just make sure to avoid beams, spamming pots, and the right lvl/skill/gear combination would do mostly. And even if you fail you are still able to outlevel the quest/boss a lot (unless u reach endgame with a very slow rate and still have issues after all power boosts).​

Can't always say the same about animera (due to all the AI and other details), but you get the idea..
  • I used to have a project in the past which i worked very hard lot's of work behind the laptop (keyboard/mouse usage) which almost developed me a muscle disease. Believe me it's not fun especially if i kept going on i could have major (temporary) drawbacks. Not doing anything hurts, touching the mouse hurts etc. Which made me start hating gaming 'on high performance' whether it's trying to run as much as possible in GTA or spamming hotkeys as fast as posible manually and/or switching from keyboard to mouse etc. etc.​
  • I wanted to be able to play Animera through a 'controller' and a TV/couch setup which seems to work fine. This can be mostly done through by minimalizing the need of a mouse like a game assinstant AKA bot.​
  • Some people are used to botting and can't do anything else to be even play decently especially on a challenging server as Animera. Can you believe there are still people who isn't aware of dual healing?​
But before you gonna think this will be a game based on botting let me get into the details.
The only bot that is allowed to use is the bot in our client.

While cavebotting the bot mode get's turned on. Which means 5x lower Experience gain / skills gain / loot gain / gold rate gain / chance on dropping special dropables. Also certain loot has a chance to explode(dissapear).

Also when you are killing a botter in bot mode you get 30% experience bonus on top of it!
There is a certain level difference range to allow to get experience from killing, but this is slightly higher when the target is in bot mode.

The bot itself has quite usefull functions but is also quite limited compared to other bots that are around. At same time also simple to setup.
No worries. We've also have a lot of systems that saves data and uses certain algorithm to catch cheaters who is able to use any other bot/cheat mechanism. Outside our own bot.

Bugs
Who have tried animera on the previous launch 3 year ago (that became beta later), remembers the shitload of unexpected bugs(never move to a other OS without testing, even though everything worked as seen in the trailer, it came with a lot of issues).

Before i've worked on Animera V6, i made sure that every reported/known bug is solved. Which was mostly done through the 3 years of beta. And that's why i want to thank everyone who participated and gave ideas/advices and/or reported bugs. Ofcourse tho who've helped will be reward after the launch.

We haven't found a broken stair or any small/big issue in months!

I dare to say that the game is mostly bug free. There might be still bugs in the new story mode/oakheart city continent, as lots of stuff is added there from stairs to cutscenes. But that will be not noticable for anyone below level 1000. If there are any other bugs they will be very minimal. As i might accidently broke a script when optimizing it or when expanding the amount of features. But from the majority of things i've seen through some testing is that almost everything works as it should be.

Others
13.png

Map size: 113MB
Over 800 custom monsters
Over 100 Bosses
Lots of quests from chest quests, boss slaying, surviving waves to puzzles!

Changelog:
New pets added.
New continent added for higher levels 1K+, and many new spawns, + new minecart spawns added.
Pet level cap raised to 250.
More damage differences between pets.
Pets that increases skills also increase at certain levels.
Rare candy's added, it has a chance to increase the pet's level.
New raids added.
More mini games/global events added.

Global perks crystal added in or nearby every city. It allows you to increase the exp, skill rate etc. for 24 hours for the whole server. Every purchase increases it by 10% with a maximum of 50%.

Donations
Regarding donations, everyone who has donated in the BETA in the past will get it's coins doubled in the relaunch. Outside of the coin rewards for reporting bugs.

At this moment there is a stress test server up (while we find/fix other possible bugs or tweakings) which was mostly kept in our discord server
but everyone is able to hop on.

Everyone who donate up to 1 day before the launch which is (01-08-2020 13:00 CET) can still get a pre-order bonus of 50%. The coins that's being donated/received can be spent without trouble during the stress test period as it will be recovered during the launch.

So far been a fun stress test can't wait for the launch!

and yeh it has an RPG! Fun feature!

Hope to see it continue to grow!

~Furis~

Last edited:
Seems like an interesting take.

What other information do you have about quests in your server? I'd like to see something comparable to the scale of INQ in RL Tibia in an OT. Or maybe you have something already.

I really hope the "Paths" part from the bot isn't cavebot :( , but rest of the things from the bot I like.

I feel like cavebot is what ruins most good custom servers these days. I personally hate bots but having auto attack/healing features are acceptable, I draw the line on that...cavebot is too much.

Will this be another custom server with 1000000000 resets with new additions each reset or a server that will aim to last for a longer period of time?
Also in terms of donations, what do you benefit from them...is it pay to win? Or a balanced system where it doesn't give unfair advantages?

I really do hope if you've added the cavebot into the animera bot you'll reconsider it and remove it. Please don't follow the same path as other GOOD (in terms of custom) servers do which is pay to win and afk bot nonsense.

Seems like an interesting take.

What other information do you have about quests in your server? I'd like to see something comparable to the scale of INQ in RL Tibia in an OT. Or maybe you have something already.

We are LOADED with quests, we got some Rl classics e.g. anni(we got 3 versions of it), INQ, POI, demon oak, paradox quest(without the npc's), and maybe some more outside of those classics we have quests in all kind of shapes and sizes, chest quest, hidden chests, all kind of lever puzzles(pull in order / pull combination) and some other stuff with still unsolved 'secret' quests. And yes also quests like INQ... And i am not even mentioning the story mode quests / mechanics...

I really hope the "Paths" part from the bot isn't cavebot :( , but rest of the things from the bot I like.

I feel like cavebot is what ruins most good custom servers these days. I personally hate bots but having auto attack/healing features are acceptable, I draw the line on that...cavebot is too much.

Will this be another custom server with 1000000000 resets with new additions each reset or a server that will aim to last for a longer period of time?
Also in terms of donations, what do you benefit from them...is it pay to win? Or a balanced system where it doesn't give unfair advantages?

I really do hope if you've added the cavebot into the animera bot you'll reconsider it and remove it. Please don't follow the same path as other GOOD (in terms of custom) servers do which is pay to win and afk bot nonsense.

I agree on cavebot is too much, but that's why we have all these changes and a limited bot.

For example the bot is easy to use, but it's far away from smart. So it's not like you could bot something that you could do manually. This is mostly noticable for ranged classes as the bot doesn't run away from it's targets.

Outside of that there is a compensation, while in bot mode you gain 5x(still experimental) lower exp,skills and loot, aside that you can't even farm special dropables. The bot can't replace the whole adventure it may only give u a bonus or a few lvls through the night... Heck even the path system is limited too atm you can't even climb a ladder, use a rope and you cannot import/export paths which means you need to set up the route everytime your gonna make use of it....

Not too mention that you probaly can't bot with your best gear as people can take you down / break your blessing & aol / gaining EXP boost if the target was botting, and a even more extended level range for exp on a frag.

The sever was never intended to reset at all, so we're not planning to keep on flushing the database for new money. We only reset if there is no way back e.g. big damage due to abuses or w/e.

Also the donations are FAAARRR from overpowered. In our previous edition i tried to counter the p2w ratio so hard that it was almost useless to donate in terms of advantages... We did improve the store but it is still far away from OP. People in the past mostly donated for the support then for the benefits...

The gear for example is 1 tier higher then annihilator, you could easily get level 100-200 to get anni tier, also everything in the store is also obtainable in-game if it isn't the quest/loot or whatever then it is the heroic coins that ables you to buy donation store items with the in-game currency.

Money was never the motivation but having a useless store also 'sucks' (especially for those who like to shop/support the donation store for a bit of benefits), aside all the time/money investments that i've made i wouldn't be even be able to keep up the server without donations at all. Well i could
but the progress would be slowed down a lot with other priorities in life, and if something happens in my life that i cannot cover up the costs anymore it would end up dead too.

Animera

You should work on your website, its very poorly done, navbar is cut, width higher than screen size, white text on bright background.
1593450444154.png
1593450457783.png

I also felt like the client was a little messy. Minimap without border, very difficult to drag. Very small items window, everything felt out of proportion and wasn't very pleasing to my eyes.

I like the look of the map and the content you've implemented but I feel like there should be 2 client versions, a more vanilla version and your custom one. I logged in to check out the basics/read guides etc before the start of and I had no idea what was going on...couldn't find hotkeys, set aggressive style etc. I also didn't like the position of the health/mana bar so I changed to the arch option but it's again...out of proportion to everything else and not even centered.

I didn't play much because of that, it felt weird and uncomfortable. In terms of gameplay, are monsters meant to stack on top of each other?

Good ideas but poor execution on the client/website side, it's very hard to navigate for some reason.

Sorry if it feels like I'm being very harsh. I like the idea of the project for sure.

I also felt like the client was a little messy. Minimap without border, very difficult to drag.
This is by defauly at OTC v8, i do not know why but as i saw no issues so far i decided to not touch it. As it could save space anyway..

Very small items window, everything felt out of proportion and wasn't very pleasing to my eyes.
Which items window? u mean backpacks and stuff? those are the same as any other OTC and vanilla client.. nothing modified there...

couldn't find hotkeys, set aggressive style etc.
I thought for the majority is known to use CTRL+K for hotkeys, you can even alter the hotkey combination of it! But i am taking notes, i hope nobody else gets confused from it.

Regarding aggresive style it's just same as vanilla, at the inventory window.. OTC uses a secondary window but i barely see any value to it as it takes useless space as the majority will probaly have it's inventory window up anyway... replacing amulets for example..

I also didn't like the position of the health/mana bar so I changed to the arch option but it's again...out of proportion to everything else and not even centered.
Yes for some reason the health bar and circle got bugged, it's strange to see how it's all messed up on other screen sizes if they are scaled by screen size %, but i guess i've done something wrong but it's something we want to have fixed too. There is still 'classic mode', that works fine for now...

In terms of gameplay, are monsters meant to stack on top of each other?

Yes, that's one of our features it's really nice when u get the hang of it!

Good ideas but poor execution on the client/website side, it's very hard to navigate for some reason.
Can you tell me what is exactly wrong with it? I've added all the pages on purpose at the top of the website as navigating bar so people can have access to all the pages all the time.. But i do agree there are some last details that i need to fix for the web..

I hope the last bugs in the test server won't keep you away from having fun. All known bugs so far since the test is fixed, the last ones will be fixed soon. Thank you for your feedback.

P.S. were having future plans for client make overs too ;)

You should work on your website, its very poorly done, navbar is cut, width higher than screen size, white text on bright background.

Thanks for notifying, it's something we want to work on. Could you PM me with the bright background white text combination? :)

Absolutely recommended!

Very unique OT, with a lot of custom features and cool guys/staff. Congratulations bro!

Wish you the best of luck!
Thank you, I appericiate!

Animera

I woke up this morning with the though of giving the site/client another go. I'm not very accustomed to such a custom build/look of a website for an OTS therefore it was a little hard for me to use and I don't mean by it being functionally difficult, my brain and eyes just weren't used to it.

The issue I had with finding hotkeys etc was when you hover over the buttons in the top right whilst NOT in the classic view, the highlighted word seems to disappear underneath the floating minimap which is damn annoying to drag when in that client mode.

What seems to shift the health/mana bars is the left "panels" 0-4 you can enable. Having it set to 0 centers the arch/bars.

Anyways, I'm an oldschool player so again...I'm not used to floating inventories, wider view, custom buttons etc. However, me being too quick with my judgement I forgot there's a classic view option available, that fixed it for me 😂.

Moral of the story?: Always give something a second try despite you liking it or not.

Edit: the only thing I've now spotted is that because I have a gaming keyboard which has very sensitive keys whenever I press my key once it registers that as 2 inputs so my character walks 2 steps. Any fix for that lol?

Moral of the story?: Always give something a second try despite you liking it or not.

Edit: the only thing I've now spotted is that because I have a gaming keyboard which has very sensitive keys whenever I press my key once it registers that as 2 inputs so my character walks 2 steps. Any fix for that lol?

I am happy that you took a second look, i've put a lot of effort into this project so even if it's something new/different or not at first sight logical (from whoevers perspective) it still has a lot of good stuff and/or possibly a good reasoning behind some stuff :)

Whatever may be holding you back, don't let it waste the potential of hours you can get yourself entertained here :X

Btw it could be the dash function, you can turn that off in the settings and maybe somewhere your able to configure keyboard delay not sure if it works on your own gaming keyboard or if it comes with it's own software?

Animera

One of the rare rpg/fun servers you'll find out there! the content is amazing and really challenging, and with that I mean REALLY challenging! really recommend this and give it a try! you won't be disappointed! :)

Back