• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[ANSWER THIS EVERYONE] Would you donate for...?

Would you donate for...?

• Total voters

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Just answer the Poll.

If you have something else you think you'd want to Donate for, please reply.

I would only donate at a server where I can see the creators have put lots of time and dedication in. And when the owners are nice and friendly.

I would only donate at a server where I can see the creators have put lots of time and dedication in. And when the owners are nice and friendly.

Assume you are playing a server, and you enjoy playing it. You plan to play it for a long time.

In this situation, what would you be tempted to donate for?
  • A new outfit so you can look more unique?
  • Maybe you like the Default Outfits, so you'd want to get an Outfit Addon that is more unique?
  • What if I only allowed players to choose from Primary and Secondary colors? (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet) Would you want to have access to colors others don't have?
  • How about Spell Animations? Imagine you built a character using poison spells. And default poison spells are all green. Maybe you'd donate to have Purple Poison Spells?
Basically, the question is what do you think would be fun to donate for.

i think lots of games today like csgo or league have skins so that people can have different choices for what they're playing with, just changing colors is boring but actually having a different skin/addon for your character on tibia would be the same thing

I don't care for cosmetics and I don't want "boosts". I'm not really a player though, so take this for what it's worth.

Personally I'd be more likely to donate if my donation was publicly recognised somewhere.
Not just "VIP status" on character info either, I think we can be more inventive than this.
I'm thinking street names, building names, names on plaques, login messages a la "proudly supported by ..."

A donor chat channel might be interesting too.

I personally think exp boost & loot boost should be sold ingame under a different currency looted by monsters. when you use one of them it grants the whole server 10% exp or 10% more loot and also bought ingame under an whole new currency instead of gold coins or donate currency.

The animations on spells, login and the custom font & outfits will be awesome to donate for.

Really want to emphasize this:
I DO NOT want to be able to donate for "10% Exp Boosts" and "10% Loot-Chance Boosts"
Thats pay to win basically.

As stated before by LordVissie "I would only donate at a server where I can see the creators have put lots of time and dedication in", with that in mind, I would donate to get some features that make my character more unique, like addons, new outfits, mounts, new colors seems borings, and animations it would depend on how improved the payed animation is.

Edit:
It may be obvious but there is no harm in making it clearer, I would only donate to an active server, meaning there are many other players. Why would I donate do be unique if im already the only one playing?

Last edited:
This is probably very inaccurate. I'm interested to see a comparison, these results vs actual results from players who have donated to your server. After 50-100 recorded transactions on your OT server, add this poll and measure the results then (only allow those who have donated to vote). :)
To see what the guys that actually fund your server wants.

I think they will go more toward pay to gain an advantage, if not unique OP items unaquired in-game through other means, then at least starting gear to get them started quickly.

Kito from mtibia measured his paying consumers, and found out that many of them are busy people. (earning a living). Thus small things that lets them enjoy the limited time they spend on the OT is important for them. You will loose some of these players if you don't have anything to compell them with.

You got to find the golden thread for your server.

Last edited:
This is probably very inaccurate. I'm interested to see a comparison, these results vs actual results from players who have donated to your server. After 50-100 recorded transactions on your OT server, add this poll and measure the results then (only allow those who have donated to vote). :)
To see what the guys that actually fund your server wants.

I think they will go more toward pay to gain an advantage, if not unique OP items unaquired in-game through other means, then at least starting gear to get them started quickly.

Kito from mtibia measured his paying consumers, and found out that many of them are busy people. (earning a living). Thus small things that lets them enjoy the limited time they spend on the OT is important for them.

It might be true that if I added 10% Exp Boost and 10% Loot Boost, it would be the #1 sold Donation. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea, or what the majority of players want.

Adding in Boosts, forces people to buy them. It is no longer a choice. Because if you do not have the boost, you will fall behind.
Cosmetics is a choice, no one forces you to buy them, and you don't "lose" if you refuse to buy them.

For the other Donation Types. It would depend on the quality of the cosmetics.

For example, If I added in "Shiny Outfit Colors" that made you sparkle. Players might buy those new colors more often than just releasing the color "Dark Green".

I personally think exp boost & loot boost should be sold ingame under a different currency looted by monsters. when you use one of them it grants the whole server 10% exp or 10% more loot and also bought ingame under an whole new currency instead of gold coins or donate currency.

The animations on spells, login and the custom font & outfits will be awesome to donate for.

~~I misread your post~~

Sorry! I don't like Global Exp or Loot Boosts in general, I think it is lazy rewards for quests.

I think if you do a quest, the prize should be specifically given to you. Players are more motivated when they think they will get "Ahead" of everyone else. Server-Wide rewards don't really motivate everyone.

Last edited:
He meant that you will make Some item, example ExpStatue - which is activated when players will "bank" x amount of cash in it - some bonuses for most donators(?), and it will grant more exp for monsters for week/day or so - thanks to it every player will have boost. Same with other boosts.

He meant that you will make Some item, example ExpStatue - which is activated when players will "bank" x amount of cash in it - some bonuses for most donators(?), and it will grant more exp for monsters for week/day or so - thanks to it every player will have boost. Same with other boosts.
You are right.
I mis-read his post.

Thanks for pointing it out. :) I edited my post.

I'd personally prefer to donate towards server based content being added, but it would be the community deciding the direction or theme of what type of new content would be added in.

This idea can work in conjunction with receiving rewards, at the start of the donation process you would pick what project you'd like to fund/vote for.

I got a couple of examples of how this would work.

The maker of the server could list a group of various project ideas that could be added to the server, and players could donate towards the development of that idea.

A simple example would be a list of new areas that could potentially be developed, such as this:

Cupcake Mountain

Carrot Forest

Floating Island

The list would show a small example screenshot of the area, and list some concept ideas underneath.

It would also have a fund raiser chart as well, listing how much is needed, how much money has been donated for that idea, and how many people donated towards it.

This way donations can actually affect the progress of the servers growth, and the players themselves can have some real say in how the server will go moving forward.

It would be, in a way, the players voting with their dollars what they want to see from the game. Everyone has ideas of what they want to see, but it is very few people that are willing to pay money to see those ideas become reality.

The problem, to me, with donating right now is that I don't actually feel like my money is going towards anything, if I actually gave money to a server and could have my voice be heard, I would be much more forthcoming with donating.

OTs (and all games in general) are most fun when there is a level of transparency between the player base and the Gamemasters, and we actually feel like a community working together for a game we both love. Most MMOs and games today feel like you are giving money to a faceless corporation that cares more about profit margins than the actual game itself.

We have the unique ability to be close to our playerbase, and an idea like this is a step in the direction of bridging the relationship of player and Gamemaster/Content developer.

Some of the most fun and intense RPGs are played with pen and paper with a group of people at a table. We shouldn't forget the origins of roleplaying, and that is letting our wildest imaginations come to life, and conquering them together.

I don't care for cosmetics and I don't want "boosts". I'm not really a player though, so take this for what it's worth.

Personally I'd be more likely to donate if my donation was publicly recognised somewhere.
Not just "VIP status" on character info either, I think we can be more inventive than this.
I'm thinking street names, building names, names on plaques, login messages a la "proudly supported by ..."

A donor chat channel might be interesting too.

This is also a nice idea, I support the idea of being able to name places/things. I'd personally prefer people to see something that I helped make, rather than just have a stronger character.

You could even pay money to get your name of a gravestone with a message.

A donor chat could be apart of a "VIP'' status and goes away if your VIP status lapses.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also a nice idea, I support the idea of being able to name places/things. I'd personally prefer people to see something that I helped make, rather than just have a stronger character.

You could even pay money to get your name of a gravestone with a message.

A donor chat could be apart of a "VIP'' status and goes away if your VIP status lapses.

I agree that Donations can do more than give players things.
The point of the Thread is if you were going to donate and receive a thing for your player, what would you like to receive?

If you were going to donate and be "recognized" it would have to be for a rather Hefty Donation (At least $20 in my opinion)

All these "vip" features are fine except give extra 10% in exp and loot, that broken the gameplay.

I agree that Donations can do more than give players things.
The point of the Thread is if you were going to donate and receive a thing for your player, what would you like to receive?

If you were going to donate and be "recognized" it would have to be for a rather Hefty Donation (At least $20 in my opinion)

I know I kinda drifted off the topic, but I feel like the whole presentation of donating is a big part of it's current ''problem'', and gets in the way of people wanting to donate.

Right now, it doesn't feel like donating is donating, it's like buying from a store.

I feel like changing up the donating process to more represent a community effort, would do more for OTs, and draw in more donations than any possible item or cosmetic viewed in game.

There are a few paetrons that I actually do give money to, and the fact that they list objected goals for different amounts of money they bring in, is more motivating to donate to, than whatever their stupid real rewards they give me are. I've currently never sat in on any of the 'monthly skype calls'' that I can do with them, told them NOT to include my name on the list of contributors, and thrown out most of the bags of crap I've received in a mail from some of them.

I don't feel that paetron is a good system directly for an online video game, as their goal system is too linear, and doesn't take in account actual progress and completion of various projects.

That said, I'd donate a lot to be able to talk in large neon pink font. (I'd also say 20 dollars would be the minimum to get your 'name' on something, even if it is just a street name, and on another note, I think just having list of high contributors is useless/worthless)

- A special idle or dance animation would be a nice addition.
- Cosmetic's for items as well. A shine effect, flame/holy/dark, et cetera.
- - Pure cosmetic changes as well, changing equipped items to look like X items, but only cosmetically. (This one is kinda silly, but I always hated having the best armor in the game, and none of it matched each other.)
- If there are houses, movable animations, like smoke/clouds/fire/dripping water, et cetera as purely cosmetic items.
- - Special furniture, hangables. (I really love decorating houses..)
- In with character outfits, but having different hairstyles for already existing outfits is always nice.

Anything cosmetic is always a 'nice to have' option.

I know I kinda drifted off the topic, but I feel like the whole presentation of donating is a big part of it's current ''problem'', and gets in the way of people wanting to donate.

Right now, it doesn't feel like donating is donating, it's like buying from a store.

I feel like changing up the donating process to more represent a community effort, would do more for OTs, and draw in more donations than any possible item or cosmetic viewed in game.

There are a few paetrons that I actually do give money to, and the fact that they list objected goals for different amounts of money they bring in, is more motivating to donate to, than whatever their stupid real rewards they give me are. I've currently never sat in on any of the 'monthly skype calls'' that I can do with them, told them NOT to include my name on the list of contributors, and thrown out most of the bags of crap I've received in a mail from some of them.

I don't feel that paetron is a good system directly for an online video game, as their goal system is too linear, and doesn't take in account actual progress and completion of various projects.

That said, I'd donate a lot to be able to talk in large neon pink font. (I'd also say 20 dollars would be the minimum to get your 'name' on something, even if it is just a street name, and on another note, I think just having list of high contributors is useless/worthless)

I agree the List of High Contributers is useless/worthless, but there are 4 different main types of people:

#1 - Person who will only donate for stuff.
#2 - Person who will only donate for stuff if it makes them stronger
#3 - Person who wants to donate just to support the server, and doesn't care about the stuff.
#4 - Person who does not donate.

Then it works like this: (These are just examples, and are not taken from any real data)
#1 - Cosmetic Items - 10% of players will donate $1-$20
#2 - Pay2Win Items - 20% of players will donate $5-$5000 (Yes, even on OTs I know people who donate hundreds if not thousands of dollars for pay2win items)
#3 - Weekly VIP - 50% of players will donate $5 a week.
#4 - Donate for nothing - 1% of players will donate with no rewards

Sadly, the above is mostly true.

I wouldn't donate for any of the options you listed. I will certainly pay for all but the "loot chance" thing.

Simple system of graphical changes is the good way to go. Allow gender change, name change for donations aswell.

I am hardly against any sort of P2W. Which applies to any sort of exp boosts aswell.

Back