• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Feature Antirollback

Part of this code, probably all, but can't prove it, has been made by me. I didn't allow anyone to share it, so it's sad to see someone's using it without paying the author. Part of otserv.cpp has been 100% made by me in this case.

As a proof, screenshot when when i shared part of this code with other user, 2 years ago:
View attachment 46775

What is really sad is that you want to get paid for everything you write.

What is really sad is that you want to get paid for everything you write.
Actually I think it wasn't the point of his post.

All he wants to be paid for is the source code. You can freely use his client and all its features like files encryption, modules (e.g. news system), etc.
I don't like that everyone is hating this guy coz he is selling his product. Take a look into bigger projects like GLA or PxG. They are using OTClient as well. Are they publishing anything? Can u reuse it? Nope. This guy is giving u an opportunity to have a "good client" (it depends on your needs what good client means). It is not cheap, ofc. but if you need optimizations or more features, then you probably have some players and earn money from your server. Why you can earn money and he's not?...

Actually I think it wasn't the point of his post.

All he wants to be paid for is the source code. You can freely use his client and all its features like files encryption, modules (e.g. news system), etc.
I don't like that everyone is hating this guy coz he is selling his product. Take a look into bigger projects like GLA or PxG. They are using OTClient as well. Are they publishing anything? Can u reuse it? Nope. This guy is giving u an opportunity to have a "good client" (it depends on your needs what good client means). It is not cheap, ofc. but if you need optimizations or more features, then you probably have some players and earn money from your server. Why you can earn money and he's not?...

I dont hate the guy, i dont even know him but is not right what he's doing.

Do you really think he cares about OT community? Do you realize that "his client (which is not)" its just a demo version, so people can try it and then he get paid? Its not even his source code, its just the code with few hundreds lines added and he wants to get paid 5k for that? When edubart (the author) didnt ask for a single penny?

Why you can earn money and he's not?...
So, i can grab the tfs sources (which many people putted alot of their effort and time into it, without asking for a single penny as well), fix the main bugs and then selling it for 5k? Do you think thats right?

The client may be helpfull for players but not for developers, which is the mainly point of this forum.
And yes, everyone has the right to earn money but i'm just saying that this is the most bizarre and disappointing way.

Last edited:
So, i can grab the tfs sources (which many people putted alot of their effort and time into it, without asking for a single penny as well), fix the main bugs and then selling it for 5k? Do you think thats right?
I think that's perfectly fine as long as you are not scamming ppl with the content.
You can grab any items, merge them together and sell as standalone product.

Take a look into any electronic shop.. why are they selling assembled PCs so expensive when all components costs half a price if you buy these separately? The shop didn't create components, they just merged them into a single product (and often in a poor way...). Thats how the market works :p

its just a demo version
Didn't know, it is not pointed anywhere. What do you mean?

its just the code with few hundreds lines added and he wants to get paid 5k for that
I didn't see the sources but I know one thing. If you'd like to employ a pro coder, he could write something very good in a few lines of code while a Junior could make a big non maintenable project for a penny and both codes will do the job.

Don't understand me wrongly. I don't mean that Edubart made bad job. Even the opposite. I think that he could make much more money than Kondrah if he sell his product instead of publishing it.

Summary:
As long as there will be a demand there will a supply as well.

I think that's perfectly fine as long as you are not scamming ppl with the content.
You can grab any items, merge them together and sell as standalone product.

Take a look into any electronic shop.. why are they selling assembled PCs so expensive when all components costs half a price if you buy these separately? The shop didn't create components, they just merged them into a single product (and often in a poor way...). Thats how the market works :p

Didn't know, it is not pointed anywhere. What do you mean?

I didn't see the sources but I know one thing. If you'd like to employ a pro coder, he could write something very good in a few lines of code while a Junior could make a big non maintenable project for a penny and both codes will do the job.

Don't understand me wrongly. I don't mean that Edubart made bad job. Even the opposite. I think that he could make much more money than Kondrah if he sell his product instead of publishing it.

Summary:
As long as there will be a demand there will a supply as well.
Summary: as long as you are all in for the money, you gonna be a scum. Sometimes you (people) do stuff for free (IN OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY)

Summary: as long as you are all in for the money, you gonna be a scum. Sometimes you (people) do stuff for free (IN OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY)

Sure, and that's the correct place to share the stuff (otland).

There is one simple issue. License... The one who might be accused for that otclientv8 war is unfortunately... Edubart...
If the GNU GPLv3 license had been chosen then Kondrah couldn't close it for his own desires. :p

But.. Let's end this topic.

There is also one guy who wants to do something for free.
I think this a good time for all the ppl who needs improvements to otclient and cannot do it on their own to contribute and support him (and all the others who spend their free time for open source community).

I dont hate the guy, i dont even know him but is not right what he's doing.

Do you really think he cares about OT community? Do you realize that "his client (which is not)" its just a demo version, so people can try it and then he get paid? Its not even his source code, its just the code with few hundreds lines added and he wants to get paid 5k for that? When edubart (the author) didnt ask for a single penny?

The client may be helpfull for players but not for developers, which is the mainly point of this forum.
And yes, everyone has the right to earn money but i'm just saying that this is the most bizarre and disappointing way.

Do you really care about the OT community? Then why don't you share all of your profits with OTLand and open source your server?
The hypocrisy is real.

Original post was an antirollback contribution. Just FYI if you didn't spot it.

Edit: Whether it is or isn't his code, I feel like it should be dealt with another way.

Last edited:
Original post was an antirollback contribution. Just FYI if you didn't spot it.

Edit: Whether it is or isn't his code, I feel like it should be dealt with another way.
can you post some? I mean Im a big noob with this gdb stuff :(

@PAPACU thanks bro, i post all anti rollback here:

Post automatically merged:

Part of this code, probably all, but can't prove it, has been made by me. I didn't allow anyone to share it, so it's sad to see someone's using it without paying the author. Part of otserv.cpp has been 100% made by me in this case.

As a proof, screenshot when when i shared part of this code with other user, 2 years ago:
View attachment 46775

Thank you great Kondra, you always bring the best content to the whole otserv community.

View attachment 46775

I've made a similar gdb commands file may be the one I did, and specially the start.sh with the awk and tee pipes. Back in 2017 I guess... Btw, nice additions to otserv.cpp

EDIT: it was on my birthday mar 2018 (sad), in a conversation with Cjaker

1594594364702.png

honestly, this shit is not an open source community anymore

the type of comments on this thread makes me sad

just change the domain to PaidStuffMadeOffOfFreeStuffBeingSoldLeakedAndThenClaimedToBeingPrivateOnAnOpenSourceCommunityLand.net

Srsly, if you've made this insanely complex script and feel obligated to comment "i made this and did not allow anyone to share it" you are fucking dumb, i'm tired of this shit and I've been away for a few months already

Now everyone did.
as everyone did, no one thought of contributing with him to the community.
Anyway.
anyone who wants to contribute to TOPICO with something that will make the code better for the community now who is here just to fight over who made a line I think they could solve this by pm.

Well, whoever wrote it. Thanks, whoever shared it, thanks. It's an open source community. Please stop monetizing everything and being greedy. Think of all the cool shit we could do if we just teamed up again and stopped being so divided.

all this "stop monetizing" stuff is just pointless when you only see realmaps with big stores and people just wondering why the store is not working with new updates all around, like do they even want to sell incomplete stuff, and be proud of it? thats silly

all this "stop monetizing" stuff is just pointless when you only see realmaps with big stores and people just wondering why the store is not working with new updates all around, like do they even want to sell incomplete stuff, and be proud of it? thats silly
Really hope that we can start advertising custom servers in the same way we do RL maps. OTServlist isn't good for that at all. So there's the reason why. Players who aren't into developing a server have no idea these fully custom, awesome servers exist. Not talking about Pokemon, DBZ, etc... They go on there and see nothing but RL maps that are mostly identical all playing off "nostalgia". Then they have a shop with cosmetic gear that's impossible to get otherwise. So, people see it as a status symbol and pay money for a new outfit, which extends the life of those servers even more.

Back