• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any 7.4 client with the correct old sprites?

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I there any 7.4 client with the old giant spider, dwarven shield, etc... ?

@Evil Puncker: Thank you for the tag.
There is nothing wrong with the Tibia client on my website. I know this because of how I acquired them.
The sprites are 7.4, and just for you, I verified it myself. It includes 7.4 sprites (ie. Lich, Yeti) but not 7.5 sprites (ie. Hydra, Elephant.)

@LegerianOT is correct. The "old giant spider" was pre-7.4. I would suggest trying 7.1 as well.

Best of luck,
Red

wikia is wrong and I know it because I started to play tibia at 7.4 and I still remember those GS being lured to venore and dwarf bridge

If you're still not convinced, why not try extracting the sprites to a popular 7.4 server?
You can download their client here.

Besides their custom sprites, it will look identical to the sprite package bundled to the client on Tibia.sx.
(I know their client isn't 7.4 but everything else emulates 7.4)

And for those curious, upon further investigation, the giant spider sprite was actually updated during the 7.5 update (when Hydras were introduced, etc.)
Red

Last edited:
If you're still not convinced, why not try extracting the sprites to a popular 7.4 server?
You can download their client here.

Besides their custom sprites, it will look identical to the sprite package bundled to the client on Tibia.sx.
(I know their client isn't 7.4 but everything else emulates 7.4)

And for those curious, upon further investigation, the giant spider sprite was actually updated during the 7.5 update (when Hydras were introduced, etc.)
Red

Sorry for the necro, but it seems better to reply than to create a new thread on the same subject.

Red, where did you get info that GS sprite was changed in 7.5? I'm playing Tibianic now and cannot find hard proof anywhere that the sprite was changed after 7.4, but I am absolutely positive that it was.

Red, where did you get info that GS sprite was changed in 7.5? I'm playing Tibianic now and cannot find hard proof anywhere that the sprite was changed after 7.4, but I am absolutely positive that it was.

I downloaded 7.4, 7.41, and 7.5 and extracted the sprites.
The clients you download from Tibia.sx are from CipSoft's website back when they were hosting the client.
They're unaltered executable files that were provided to the players when it was the current version of Tibia.
So I noticed that 7.5's Giant Spider was different from 7.4's. 7.5+ is the Giant Spider sprite that you see today.

Looking back, it was fallacious to cite a "oldschool real map server" as proof.
As they are technically 7.72 servers (as I stated) and this means that their sprite file is not genuine 7.4.

I hope this clears some things up. Anyone is free to download 7.4 and 7.5 and 7.6 and extract the sprites themselves.
Red

Back