• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any experienced hosters out there that have some knowledge to spare on some subjects?

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Any experienced hosters/developers out there that have some knowledge to spare on these subjects?

I wonder mainly on what is the best way to start and establish a serious OT-server. Having an open-beta and launch that is massively advertised is a must, yes? Isn't this in many cases the most important thing? To advertise it on OTservlist and what not.. how/where??

I'm not that knowledgeable in OT overall, but if i'm correct a lot of players at start can quickly turn into a dead server though, if it's over advertised with not enough to back it up and make the players stay.. which happens quite often, right? But what if over-advertisement is not a possible scenario, where to best spend time/money to advertise your OT/game?

What planning/thinking goes into having a steady flow of new players? I mean, optimal would be to have as many new players every month as resigning/quitting players, once a certain level(100-1000 i guess) is reached.. yas? But how to achieve that balance once the goal of players is met?

I Sinth Ka'gar Thank thee greatly for answering all these Questions oh you merciful, wise, powerful, beautiful, intelligent and greatful gods of OT.

Back