• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any good OTC OTUI explanations?

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I trying work with otclient design part but i feel bit dumb how things works... I Understand more the lua part, but the OTUI part i'm lost. Anyone know any good documents about the OTUI?

Ye nice tutorial for otui would be orgasmic

there's no tutorial but its pretty easy. i learned that thing in like 2-3 hours and made a system with 5k+ lines in the same day.
just follow the logic, if you need functions check the sourre code for the functions list. its almost like CSS! good luck

Didn't find anything aswell but have you seen this git? Oen44/OTUIEditor (https://github.com/Oen44/OTUIEditor)
Might be interesting and maybe could simplify things for you
Yeh i saw that, but i dont think it's ready for production
Post automatically merged:

there's no tutorial but its pretty easy. i learned that thing in like 2-3 hours and made a system with 5k+ lines in the same day.
just follow the logic, if you need functions check the sourre code for the functions list. its almost like CSS! good luck
Sorry i have never dealt with CSS, but which files in the source should i check?

in otcv8 there's a folder called lua_functions, inside you will find 2 files with all the lua functions.
for the OTUI you will have to figure out the logic, but it's very simple to be honest.
I will PM you a system I made, with that you will be able to understand it and create anything.

in otcv8 there's a folder called lua_functions, inside you will find 2 files with all the lua functions.
for the OTUI you will have to figure out the logic, but it's very simple to be honest.
I will PM you a system I made, with that you will be able to understand it and create anything.
I’m dealing with otcv8 modifications, I would thank you if you can send me that system too.

i would like it too, would you share it with me or the public please?

where

I think it's pretty similar to CSS. Try learning the basics of css, such as positions, margin, padding, etc.

I've wrote plenty of css files, but otclient ui code is just weird. It feels as if the client itself was spiteful sometimes. Ok, both are spiteful, but css is documented better.

It's similar to CSS in syntax but that's where it ends, there is nothing else to it. You just have to learn how anchors work, how layouts work and basic styling (size, text, color, image-source, image-border and so on). OTUI is so easy and repetitive that it gets boring at some point.

Back