• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any interest in mapping?

Would you like to see new mapping tutorials?

• Yes, I want some new tutorials

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
I personally don't need a tutorial, but it's always nice to check out new works (especially when lacking inspiration).

You if someone should know what unique touch is. So I guess you dont need much of it^

Anyone else has any ideas on this? What do people want to see in a mapping tutorial? Just a lot of pieces? Or more explanation? Video tutorials? Let the community choose!

Cheers

Last edited:
Perhaps just make a big "portfolio" thingy with alot of map pieces, without comments or texts, where you just could go for, as Shadowsong said, inspiration. Gather some of OtLands mappers to get it going and updated regularly, and at the same time take some inspiration from each other.

All the comments and text makes it time-consuming and annoying to go through all pages in, for example, the mapping showoff, when the thing you mainly want to see is the piece itself. (At least when looking for inspiration)

If you instead want something educational, then perhaps do some more speed mapping of various areas.

Back