• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any interest in playing RealOTS with a real-time exp stage?

Would you play an exp staged RealOTS (aka Cip-Server)?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
I was wondering if people would actually want to play a RealOTS server (the actual 7.7 server from CIP) with actual real-time exp-stages?
And of course, frags, skills, spells, runes and regens can be changed as well.

This would allow for a fast early/mid game, and then later drop off back to 1x exp since neither the content, client or server can handle higher levels.

Just wondering if there is an interest in this or not. Please leave a vote, and maybe even suggestions on rates. Currently there is support for 5 stages.

Video content: Demonstrating real time exp stage on the official cip server
edit: if the embedded video wont start, open it in youtube instead

Last edited:
edit: nvm, these are called exp stages :D

but I think we need way more info from a server to decided if we gonna play it or no, beside exp stages, but good luck on your project!

edit: nvm, these are called exp stages :D

but I think we need way more info from a server to decided if we gonna play it or no, beside exp stages, but good luck on your project!
Thanks!
People have done "exp stages" on the official cip server before, but the stages were applied on SS.. And if you "surpassed" and xp stage while online, you still had that previous stage until SS and it subtracted the amount you got at the wrong stage. It was just horrible.
Thus I used the term "real time", as in the stages change as you level, just as you expect an exp stage to do.

There really isn't much to say about this. It's the real cip server which was hosted years back under the name "RealOTS" which was very successful in the past.
This is the first cipserver with actual exp stages as most people know it (as far as I know) and was said to be impossible..

RealOTS had the problem of not changing frags, and having a static exp that was either too high or too low, which caused some major issues in the player base.

There are no details what so ever, regarding frags, stages, spells and all that. I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in revisiting RealOTS for the sake a true 7.7 experience (mechanics).

IF there is an interest, I will actually move forward and figure out what the players would want to see.

I still think if you want a successful RealOTS server, you should be able to update the map with new content and just host everything on 1x.
But updating it with new content is the most important, new quests, areas over time to discover etc

If you're able to do that, I think with 1x you can have a successful RealOTS server.

IMO the problem with RealOTS wasn't a 1x exp rate in on itself. I'd play a 1x server if it's worth the time investment (nowadays everyone is working from home, so having a Tibia window in the background is fine). Even the map I'm fine with virtually no quest changes, although like BoneZ mentioned, it' may be good to entice that part of the player base with new content.

The actual biggest problem I see is botting: both aim bots and auto hunting or whatever other features. They remove the skill and human error (and adrenaline of playing on a near-death situation). At some point it's like watching AI play a board game for you and making every [optimal] decision for you, what's the fun in that? e.g. What's the fun in 'driving' a self-driven car?

IMO the problem with RealOTS wasn't a 1x exp rate in on itself. I'd play a 1x server if it's worth the time investment (nowadays everyone is working from home, so having a Tibia window in the background is fine). Even the map I'm fine with virtually no quest changes, although like BoneZ mentioned, it' may be good to entice that part of the player base with new content.

The actual biggest problem I see is botting: both aim bots and auto hunting or whatever other features. They remove the skill and human error (and adrenaline of playing on a near-death situation). At some point it's like watching AI play a board game for you and making every [optimal] decision for you, what's the fun in that? e.g. What's the fun in 'driving' a self-driven car?

I agree on the aim-botting part, but I think the game records every key stroke or spell that a player does in-game. And with active staff you should be able to hunt the cavebotters down and remove every account connected to that IP(0 toleration). I think Tibiantis is a good example of that.

I agree on the aim-botting part, but I think the game records every key stroke or spell that a player does in-game. And with active staff you should be able to hunt the cavebotters down and remove every account connected to that IP(0 toleration). I think Tibiantis is a good example of that.
Oh yeah, I know how to deal with that, and I'm planning to eventually do it in my project, I'm just pointing out what the problem is IMO :)

@BoneZ @jlnunez89 To what you said about 1x being ideal, especially if you have new content/quests/areas to explore. I agree. 1x would allow for the most healthy server/community and richest game-experience. The problem I'm having is that if you slap 1x on your Server you immediately alienate potentially half of the playerbase; which is unhealthy for your community and less engaging for the game-experience.
So to me, if you're looking at this not in vaccuum, what do you do?

I dont see any other way to have a healthy server, stages destroy basically all the seriousness. People quit faster.

I don’t understand why almost nobody can run an oldschool server without reset. It doesn’t cost that much to keep a hosting server up and you’ll benefit way more from it in the long run, take a look at Medivia.

Glad to see discussions. Honestly, what I really want, is an authentic experience, but without (or less of) the boring parts. Rook and the first 20-30 levels. After that, low rate is fine by me.

I do understand antibot is gonna be a real problem running the cip server without access to source. There is only so much you can do within a reasonable timeframe with codecaves..

Im personally sick of all 1-3x xp servers right now. I'd wanna see a quite fast early-mid game, so people can actually enjoy mid/late game and afford wars without the need for days of grind.

Some parts of the player base will unfortunately suffer one way or another. But i feel like a highrate is in place. For fun. Not have the need for days of grinding to enjoy other things than runemaking and rotworms. Idk if other people think alike.

7.4 > 7.7

Although Realots is amazing
As long as there is Tibiantis
[*]

A realots version similar to a level 50 war ot
Sounds a lot more interesting

2017 i played the 7.7 RealOT Version of BoneZ and i enjoyed it A LOT and prefer this one over any OT i used to play before or after. I'm kinda sick of this heavy custome bullshit ot servers, this server which are based on the real files are simply the best. ( I even prefer this "laggy" damage pop up when monsters are taking damage instead of this smootie one, haha).
I agree with that, that this server need more content, improvment which follows step by step.

I hope you are working on this server to launch it in some day (Y) Good luck !

Back