• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Any] New status effects: BLINDED and SILENCED?

Nekoyasha

Reaction score
What's up peeps.

If this had been brought up in any time before, then I'm obviously super sorry I'm coming up with the same question again; although I did some search and found nothing like this before. But anyhow:

I'm not overly familiar with what are exactly the possibilities of the Tibia engine and how far can you push the limits of it, in terms of gimping the gameplay for the sake of creating a new and unique experience. I've been currently working on a small project and today while brainstorming ideas for new monsters and items, I asked myself 'hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a monster who'd blind you, rendering your melee and ranged attacks useless, or a monster who'd silence you to make it impossible to use runes and spells unless you'd cure the status effect with an item (e.g. an antidote of some sort)?'

So in summary, would it be possible to add a feature like this into the OT and further ensure the game engine would work accordingly? And if so, then how hard would it be and what would have to be done in order to make it work?

And in case I haven't made myself clear, in case of
a) BLIND: I am thinking of a status effect (e.g. you are on fire, you are poisoned, you are drowning, you are retarded, etc.) that would make your hit chance equal to zero (or ~10% for melee attackers, whatever), and could be applied to the player, as well as any creature in the game.
b) SILENCE: I am thinking of a status effect (^) that would make the player unable to use INSTANT SPELLS, as well as RUNES, but at the same time make him capable of using any other items, like ropes, shovels, potions. This would not have to be neccessarily appliable to other creatures.

Why bother? Well, because it's always better to have more stuff and more ways to play around. Even if it would take up a lot of effort to set up, I'm pretty sure a new and fresh mechanic like this could make the game much more engaging and some fights much more riveting.

And duh, if this DOES exist in a million of other Tibia servers, then please link me to them and excuse my ignorance; I haven't been into this game for about 3 years and only in May I thought I'd want to come back and see if I still find the game interesting.

Cheers!

in Whi World I use silence and stun what are similar what you are describing.
added control effect "silence" to the game
So I know I want it eventually I made some kind of position in my scripts for it.
In future going to see to it again when going to work on PVP. Then it plays more of crucial moment.

Against monsters. the silence stalls all their spells with the silence duration.
So if 3 players silence boss 3 times per second then he will cast the spell 3 sec later.

However if player is silenced, then he will be only silenced for the duration of the silence and it does not stack. In matter of fact player is immune to silence when silenced.
So if you get silenced for 1 sec and 2sec then you simply cant cast spell for 1 sec.

I am doing custom features to game only by using Lua. If you understand C++ then prolly you could do something there much faster than in Lua

I have custom spell system, where I register all spell words in talkaction and let 1 single script handle all spell casting related modules (mana cost, item requirement, storage values needed, etc)
So for me silence is quite simple: if creature:isSilenced() then return cant_cast_bcause_of_silence() end -- just an example

For default TFS you would have to write that above statement on every single spell script

In other words. for extra creature modifications you want to make functions how to get and set it.
If you want it to modify damage then it can be done in many differenet places (on weapons,spells,anywhere with combat constructor before damage calculation or onHealthChange() creaturescripts after damage calculation)

Interesting. But can you make it so it appears in the status effects bar, just like all the other passive effects? Or is it only inside the game and you just get the little info text like "you are silenced for 3 seconds" and have to intituively figure when is it going to wear off?

Also, I'm a complete zero when it comes to scripts; I used to be much more into them when I worked with my friends around 2011, but whatever I am writing simply ends up as a fatal error during the engine loading process.

Interesting. But can you make it so it appears in the status effects bar, just like all the other passive effects? Or is it only inside the game and you just get the little info text like "you are silenced for 3 seconds" and have to intituively figure when is it going to wear off?
Not sure about status effects, don't handle these in my lua, maybe there are some condition ID's for them to show them on player, but nothing I'm aware or care of.
Anything visual however is usually handled with client edits, so can be it be done is always a yes, but how hard it will be no idea.

I myself simply use effects and text.

Thanks for the answers mate. I'd love to see the blind function becoming a real thing one day, though, but glad to see at least the silence is fairly available already.

Thanks for the answers mate. I'd love to see the blind function becoming a real thing one day, though, but glad to see at least the silence is fairly available already.
well in my game it would be just 15mins of of editing to insert blind. I already created hit chance for range weapons, I can simply expand it to all weapons. And once again it will look something like this:
if storage_value_blind == 1 then hit_chance = 0 end

In other words when you about to do damage with weapon you need to make a check is player blinded or not and that is all.

But would it translate just as easily into melee? I've always had an impression ranged weapons generally tend to miss MUCH more often than melee, but I've never really played too much as a paladin.

But would it translate just as easily into melee? I've always had an impression ranged weapons generally tend to miss MUCH more often than melee, but I've never really played too much as a paladin.
no idea how is it in tibia.
I just recently added feature to miss.

you can easily insert both features to your game
I think that the silence thing was already clarified

the blind thing you just need to create a new condition that doesnt allow creatures to inflict melee attacks

about the icons, you can freely use the existing ones, but if you need to create new ones so you have to insert this on .pic and include them on the sources.

I'd suggest you to build both using C++ since its a feature and use Lua to manage it.

Great. If I someday complete building my map and bring the server into life, these feats are surely gonna be a thing. Or at least I'm gonna beg somebody to help me get them working~

Back