• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Storywriter Any serious projects looking for a writer? [UPDATED WITH CURRENT PERSONAL PROJECT]

VE_Mura

Reaction score
Hello OTlanders!

Oh, the nostalgia. This dang COVID problem has really made me explore my past, dig into what used to make my time pass fast.

And this brought me to my favorite old game: Tibia! Which brought me to remembering the OT days so many years ago. I wasn't ever an active user, I mostly just floated around like a ghost, played around on Goobers as "Zenith" or "Dark Lord Zenith" (who knows, maybe someone will recognize the name, considering the creator of the server is from the same country as me! Or was...).

Since my Tibia/OT days almost a good decade ago, I've been dipping my toes into a lot of creative art industries (and also have post-secondary schooling for Creative Writing, Journalism, and Drama). Music, digital art, lyrical writing, producing (soon to be on Spotify as well), and a bunch of other stuff. Not to mention, I've also published a novel (self published, sold around 500 copies, but it's somewhat old work now and needs to be re-done after my current short story series and music/esports work).

All this spam aside, I'm just curious to see if there was any serious projects out there looking for a writer at all? I'm trying to build a career in the gaming industry on many fields, and writing is one I'm specifically curious to try out since I love storytelling (and my kids also love it haha).

Feel free to shoot me a personal message! I'm also available on Discord, WhatsApp, or Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook through my Gaming Organization pages (which I will provide through PM so it doesn't seem like I'm advertising myself here in any way other than for writing.

Cheers!

~Mura

PS: Current project, short story series of 3 different perspectives that come from 3 totally different worlds within one city. Here's a quick peek at the synopsis for the whole project, and the individual character's story synopsis:

|

.//Tales from the Fringe//...

...ALG Prequels...

._

From the vainglorious capital city filled to the brim with greed, to its underground slums where they dump the slaving labor class—the lives of people can be worlds apart, even if they share the same Bastioned City in the ruins of Old America.

Through the actions of straying from the norm of their everyday lives, a few individuals change the course of their fates and are forced to open their minds to the possibility that life is not what it seems. Like most survivors of the Cataract, they believed that the United Allegiance saved Earth from being wiped at hands of an unknown force that had brought every human being down on their knees. The truth could not be further from the grand fable they read to the kids at night.

Tales of the Fringe is an allegory of tragedy—a trio of stories of three lives that intertwine and trigger a crisis that propels a vital movement that can save the remainder of humanity from total dissolution—or send it into an immediate final collapse.

•Jenny’s Tale•

The Allegiant Manufacturing Corporation has been Jenny’s call of duty straight out of grade school. She worked her way up from a secretary to a System’s Manager at the head office in Terakore City. Life couldn’t be better—great income, a house that most people can’t afford, and a boyfriend that seems like Mr. Right. A perfect life...

Or maybe too perfect.

It’s strange that all her co-workers share an almost identical lifestyle. Why are there always shady people coming in and out of a government office? Why is ƎVOLVE Studios—a video game company—so interested in a classified project being made by the AMC?

Some questions get answers when a sensitive file falls into her lap, but that doesn’t bring the type of excitement to her life that she has been craving. Running for her life was not what she asked for, but there’s no turning back.

The target on her head reads shoot first, talk never.

•Screech’s Tale•

Born on the streets, lives on always listening to beats, and starts heat with whom ever he pleases. At only seventeen, he has created a name for himself; they call him Screech, the kid who’s quick on his feet. He’s a liar, a thief, and he’s not one to miss a fight.

Not once has he genuinely cared about anything nor anyone but himself ever since his parents dumped him down the drain of Terakore, known to all as the Gutter.

Until he jumps Jenny.

Screech is the most selfish street king alive in the slums, but when he’s thrown into an impossible situation that comes from making another wrong decision, he starts to question everything he has lived by.

There is no right decision, there is no wrong path. It’s up to his bloodstained vecto-knife and his sure-shot aim to make the best choice he can only hope to achieve before his bittersweet symphony catches up with him.

•Setto’s Tale•

Binary code is his native tongue since as long as he could remember. Computers are his instruments of life and death. Setto spends most of his time in front of a screen, scraping every neuron in his brain in search of an answer he has been chasing for his whole existence: what really made the Old World come to an end?

He thinks the Union and Allegiant Manufacturing Corporation are hiding the truth. The Cataract, a cataclysm that tore Earth apart and almost wiped out all life—it is all on them, and Setto is going to prove it.

Even if it means putting an innocent person’s life in jeopardy and sacrificing the only one person he loves.

There comes a time when a person, no matter how strong, bites off more than they can handle. That time is gearing up to be a lot sooner than Setto thinks, and even though he pushed for it and prepared for this day for years, nothing could have readied him for the realization that it all hits too close to home.

Last edited:
Hello Adventure!
We are a group of people very well known in the community making a project.
So if you get along with the team and like our general idea do not hesitate to message me on discord!
OND#0422

ps. I believe very few people can offer you what project Apocalypse can. ds.

XOXO,
OND

Back