• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any updated tutorials for windows?

Quiver

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if there are any tutorials on how to get a new server up and running (or at least how to get the development environment setup on your computer to create and test).

The last one I saw for windows was from Znote back in 2012. Not that the tutorial is bad, because it's not, I'd just prefer to follow an updated one in order to minimize silly errors or minor changes in the process that break everything. The most recent tutorials seem to be for linux and I'm not comfortable using that OS at all.

If there aren't any updated ones then I suppose I'll just have to follow an older one to the best of my ability. I've never actually went through the entire process of setting up a server, I only worked on map making back in version... maybe 7 or 8. I'm sure a lot of things have changed since then so I'm just a bit lost on where to start.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section. I considered putting it in support but that seems to be more for technical issues than just questions and advice.

Alrighty thanks, I'll give it a shot.

That's the one I was looking through and decided to just ask and see if anything has changed that would cause issues when following it.

Seems like some people in the last few pages have been having problems with it that's why.

Edit: Haven't had much luck even getting past the first 5 or so mins (accessible to internet stays at no after starting both mysql and apache, rest of the info in that window looks identical to his including the status of the ports at the bottom). Think I'll just wait for a newer tutorial whenever that comes out and continue working on maps or something until then. I'm sure it's some problem on my end but I have no idea.

Last edited:
Back