• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any1 that can help me setup my own tibia ot server?

Jo3y

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Glenn and I'm trying to get started with my own Tibia ot server.
I have been watching Znote's video tutorial on how to get stuff going but it's not working for me the way he does it.

I have downloaded Uniserver_Zero_XI and i got my apache running (green light) and mysql running (green light) but somehow I'm not Accessible from the internet when i push Server status.

Atm I'm trying to get my server working for myself. I downloaded the 8.60 version of TFS from this thread https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v8.147913/ . Atm i can't figure out what sql file to import at phpmyadmin and i guess i have picked the wrong one as I'm getting this message when I'm launching my server :
Failed connecting to database - MYSQL ERROR: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) (2003)
ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database!

I did use mysql.sql when i imported to phpmyadmin.

Can any1 help me with this or just simply teach me how to get my own server up running?

I'm Norwegian and i can skype if that makes it easier to either help me or teach me.
Any help or tips is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

- Glenn

This is going back quite aways. I haven't set-up a server is a long time.
Check config.lua and make sure the part where it shows the database info is all set-up using the stuff you made
Code:
  sqlType = "mysql"
   sqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
   sqlPort = 3306
   sqlUser = "root"
   sqlPass = "password"
   sqlDatabase = "whatever you named it"
   sqlFile = "theforgottenserver.s3db"
   sqlKeepAlive = 0
   mysqlReadTimeout = 100
   mysqlWriteTimeout = 100
   encryptionType = "plain"
Yours will be similar, maybe not the same. Just make sure it's all updated, or it won't connect to the database.

Some people will need to use 127.0.0.1 in their config.lua and database instead of localhost. Change that and see if it works

Back