• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anyone wanna help me with my English Reading Assessment?

Karchii Oawaa

Oldschool Player
Reaction score
As title says, I'm reading an Anthology and I cba to spend 4 hours making a full length CA just for a draft. I'm not asking you for a full length assessment because I know nobody would want to do 800 words worth of writing, but I'm asking for some help as my teacher said its not considered cheating (like it would matter if it was xD)

Focus - Characterisation and Voice
Word Limit - 1200 words
Duration 4 hours
Marks - 30 marks (15 % of CA)

What I want help with is this, 'consider why minor characters are important in a story - how they are presented and developed in the stories by the writers and how you interpret them from what they say or their actions. This is just middle part which I am on, sketching through it roughly before I do write the draft up.

Anyways thanks and no trolls please.

Yes because we all have nothing better to do with our time than help you out for free.

They want you to explain the importance of minor characters in a story.

I don't know if this will help you, but I'll explain using an Anime I have watched.

[Code Geass]

The character I'm going to use is, Nina Einstein:
She is a quite girl with average looks, brilliant in Physics and Chemistry, very smart, dislikes Japanese and is in love with a Princess from her country, as the story plays, she gets the least screen play, but develops into a key character throughout the whole story while still maintaining that minor character feel, she and her friends get taken as hostage in a Hotel jacking by a rebellious Japanese group, this is the starting point, as she gets picked on by a Japanese for calling him "an Eleven", the Princess known as Euphemia spares her by revealing herself to be a Princess and get taken instead of her, at this point is that she falls for her and her dislike towards Japanese grows bigger.

More plays out and due to unforeseen actions, Euphemia orders the execution of the Japanese and as a consequence she is killed by a Rebel Leader known as Zero, at this point, she cannot bare the loss and decides to avenge her by making a bomb that can kill Zero along with her and everyone else, this ends in failure, at that point she was insecure and suicidal, but it is later turned into a spur of Development for her, as she joins an Engineering Core.

She makes a weapon known as F.L.E.Y.A., a special warhead, a weapon designed to Destroy anything within its radius(without making any outwards force), her weapon kills thousands people in a collateral damage, this is what make another huge change in her. She then goes into hiding, she is later taken away by Zero(now Emperor of her country) and is requested to develop something that can counter attack the warhead, at this point the Emperor had declared war upon the world, his brother retaliates by revealing his new weapon "Sky Fortress Democles" which is armed with all the warheads they have developed, she succeeds in developing a counter-measure, She at this point has set aside her grudges with her past revealing that even still she may not find it to forgive him(Emperor/Zero), this is the first awakening as a Main Character with minor yet important positions.

I know it's not the best I can do, but perhaps you can understand it better with a brief story, Minor Characters are as important as their development allows them, some die off early and some traverse throughout the whole plot,, but in the end Minor Character plays roles that cause changes on Main Characters and other minor characters.

I hope this helps somewhat!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because we all have nothing better to do with our time than help you out for free.

I just got out of work and saw this thread and decided to do what I can and guess what?....it's for free.

Last edited:
They want you to explain the importance of minor characters in a story.

I don't know if this will help you, but I'll explain using an Anime I have watched.

[Code Geass]

They character I'm going to use is, Nina Einstein:
She is a quite girl with average looks, brilliant in Physics and Chemistry, very smart, dislikes Japanese and is in love with a Princess from her country, as the story plays, she gets the least screen play, but develops into a key character throughout the whole story while still maintaining that minor character feel, she and her friends get taken as hostage in a Hotel jacking by a rebellious Japanese group, this is the starting point, as she gets picked on by a Japanese for calling him "an Eleven", the Princess known as Euphemia spares her by revealing herself to be a Princess and get taken instead of her, at this point is that she falls for her and her dislike towards Japanese grows bigger.

More plays out and due to unforeseen actions, Euphemia orders the execution of the Japanese and as a consequence she is killed by a Rebel Leader known as Zero, at this point, she cannot bare the loss and decides to avenge her by making a bomb that can kill Zero along with her and everyone else, this ends in failure, at that point she was insecure and suicidal, but it is later turned into a spur of Development for her, as she joins an Engineering Core.

She makes a weapon known as F.L.E.Y.A., a special warhead, a weapon designed to Destroy anything within its radius(without making any outwards force), her weapon kills thousands people in a collateral damage, this is what make another huge change in her. She then goes into hiding, she is later taken away by Zero(now Emperor of her country) and is requested to develop something that can counter attack the warhead, at this point the Emperor had declared war upon the world, his brother retaliates by revealing his new weapon "Sky Fortress Democles" which is armed with all the warheads they have developed, she succeeds in developing a counter-measure, She at this point has set aside her grudges with her past revealing that even still she may not find it to forgive him(Emperor/Zero), this is the first awakening as a Main Character with minor yet important positions.

I know it's not the best I can do, but perhaps you can understand it better with a brief story, Minor Characters are as important as their development allows them, some die off early and some traverse throughout the whole plot,, but in the end Minor Character plays roles that cause changes on Main Characters and other minor characters.

I hope this helps somewhat!

- - - Updated - - -

I just got out of work and saw this thread and decided to do what I can and guess what?....it's for free.

Thanks a lot, this helped me a lot. I appreciate it. The first paragraph was not as helpful, but the last 2 paragraphs helped me a lot.

I once revised a speech for someone (a non-American) here on OtLand, a couple years ago I think. There's nothing wrong with helping someone out, as long as they don't continuously feed off of you. He contacted me in private though, I wouldn't ever recommend someone create a thread and beg for help - that approach on solving problems is what contributed to the downfall of OpenTibia.
yeah you got a good point but you coulnt be more wrong at the same time.

the downfall youre referring to is when people stopped asking for help and started expecting people to do all their work for them
in my eyes we made it too easy to get access to all those resources, spelling out things word by word
basically catering to all the young kids who can't do any of the real work themselves. then again, making it simple enough for them to set-up and host a TFS server is also what created open tibia in my eyes (coming from someone who started hosting at 14, back in '06), eventually it came to a point where it became TOO easy, requiring so little effort which led to the downfall. back in '06 things were very different.. there was so much promise for open tibia in general, the level of development back then was a complete overhaul compared to now. sad to say greed caused those things to peak, but real morals come from a level of intelligence which the vast majority of 12-15 year olds just arent capable of, and greed only rose when we saw all the money to be made and of course it also helped motivate the rise to a lot of those resources too, but the amount of them just grew like crazy until further development wasn't really needed.

now a lot of the only real developers left are the ones who've been around for years, back when we were young and could see the promise and possiblities in creativity for open tibia, the ones who've loved it for years. the kids coming in now will have a much harder time seeing this in my eyes, but i sure hope they do

sorry for the grammar and going completely off-topic lol
there is nothing wrong with him posting this thread, hes just asking for help. it mightve looked like he was asking us to do it for him at first, but read his last paragraph, he was just asking you to explain a concept, i wouldve helped but looks like hes got it now :p

Back