• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[APCL] Awsome player class lib v.1.0 - Like revscripts!

I would love if you give me a bit of credit of how to use a userdata as a object.

.Socket

@Socket
i dont need user newproxy to change __index and newindex. i put only to test if it change something so i forgot :p

No coder on this forum has earned my respect more than you Sr. Braga. Obrigado.

Code:
function doCreatureSetMana(cid,h)
    local now = doCreatureSetMana(cid)
    doPlayerAddMana(cid,h-now)
end
Shouldn't that be local now = getCreatureMana(cid)

this is the sex man XD devs should commit this when its been fully tested... then someone could use it for a code editor program easily. Mock join devs as lua side polisher!!! haha

this is the sex man XD devs should commit this when its been fully tested... then someone could use it for a code editor program easily. Mock join devs as lua side polisher!!! haha

it's fully tested on 0.3.6. The tfs 0.4 is a sh~ and i am not working with it

it's fully tested on 0.3.6. The tfs 0.4 is a sh~ and i am not working with it

You asked about bugs... I thought I saw one but you didn't comment; Was doCreatureSetMana supposed to be self-referencing?

At the same, many more crash holes, bugs etc. ^^

Yea hence the reason its still under development for bug fixes. It has some serious potential now with Dalkon(cookie monster) and Elf :) both good programmers.

The only thing they really need are testers, which is what I have been trying to help with.

@Teh Maverick

Agree.

About 1-2 hours to fix them all, I rather spend my time fixing them and then have more features than use outdated engine.

You don't even know, how much bugs 0.4 has. I don't think so, you'll spend 1-2 hours on fix them until you really know where is the bug, so all you can do is reading core dumps and fixing - but thats not just 1-2 hours.

@Teh Maverick

Agree.

You don't even know, how much bugs 0.4 has. I don't think so, you'll spend 1-2 hours on fix them until you really know where is the bug, so all you can do is reading core dumps and fixing - but thats not just 1-2 hours.

It definitely has more than 1-2 hours worth of bugs due to the plain fact that once a dev introduces a new patch or feature, they AREN'T properly tested :S Unit testing would be so beneficial to the tfs dev team, and make for an ultimately stable system :) But at the end of the day its a 'spare-time project' so you can't complain about how it's being developed :p would just be nice to see.

@Derek Boom Boom, there is no way of know EVERY hang, crash, or error to an application of this size without the proper testing methods, and even with that there's no guarantee of a bug free system (no application is 100% bug free, its just the way it is).

Programs don't predict every situation or outcome. 5 hours to test every single class / variables / consts from every angle is not possible, having to run the tests would take a lot longer than 5 hours.

for example I managed to crash the textlogger.cpp class the other day. Would not have predicted that, due to the fact that it's the motherf**king text logger that I don't think has been changed in a while lol.

no tabs in code? noty

Programs don't predict every situation or outcome. 5 hours to test every single class / variables / consts from every angle is not possible, having to run the tests would take a lot longer than 5 hours.

for example I managed to crash the textlogger.cpp class the other day. Would not have predicted that, due to the fact that it's the motherf**king text logger that I don't think has been changed in a while lol.

I've already written a comprehensive automated regression testing suite. It took roughly five hrs to complete on rev3748 with my workstation(CPU: E8400, RAM: 8GB), the basis of that figure. The majority of it was the software not being kept current with Boost releases. C'est la vie. This is FAR more useful for the majority of OT usage: Decoda

Now you guys need to quit Hijacking his thread and instead should post some useful feedback. -.-

Back