• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Application for [Hoster][PHP Dev][Scripting]

Muboz

Reaction score
Hello my name is Muboz, (aka erny)

I would really like to be a part of some team developing a server.

My past experience would be my own otserver which was a war server quite a few years ago,
you can look up in google. I hosted that myself in my home but then it was attacked by ddos,
so I could not keep it up anymore.(2010) Before that I had hosted kiwiserver(kiwi dan)(2009).
Before that I was only hosting very small off and on death match servers since 2007.

I am interested in the following positions:

Hosting: From zero to running I can launch a vps and have tfs1.2 compiled in less than 3 minutes.
Of course this is the easiest thing to do now than it was before now that most libraries are consolidated.

Medium VPS: 3Ghz and 3.75GB RAM (with possible 4GB swap) 99.33333333333333% Uptime

Maybe a larger size is possible but up-time could take a big hit.(Uptime will never be below 95%)
An Extra Large VPS is available.
That vps would be equivalent to 13Ghz and 15GB RAM and probable 95% Uptime.
Comparison: RL Map will run very comfortably on the medium VPS.

Why not 24/7 100% uptime? Because I can keep this service as cheap a possible by just possibly
sacrificing at most 5 hours a month of uptime where a month = 750 hours. You do the math.

OS: Amazon Linux(Recommended - RPM Based), CentOS, Ubuntu, and many others - just ask.
Windows operating system is too expensive and you won't even get a third of ram to use anyways.
With amazon linux, the overhead ram usage on a bare install is only 49mb!

Storage: You will get as much storage as you need. Root access via SSH/SCP.
Databases will be stored in database server. This has 100% uptime and is backed up daily.
Storage is redundant so your files will never, ever, be lost... unless you delete them hah.

DDoS Protection
?
I am not entirely sure about this one because I have been with amazon for less than a year and have not really had the chance of mitigating an attack, But they have the strongest network component in the world.

Price: Credit and Players
Really all I want is that you don't let me host an empty server.
Perhaps some days I might pop in to the game to see how things are going but that's pretty much it.
Your choice how much involved I am in managing the server.
Low chance of enforcing a minimum online players, maybe a daily average.

I am still not sure what selection process I would use to select who gets the hosting.
Of course as much information that you can give me about your server will not hurt your case.
Note that you can still purchase hosting from me and you will most likely get it at cost price.
Medium: $9-12/750 hours Extra Large: $30/750 hours

PHP Developer: Pretty much an expert at all things web design.
This would include HTML/CSS/PHP/Javascript/Jquery.
The only sample that I have would be my website(don't go there, its empty and crap lol).
Again the price for this is just to give me credit, If its something massive then probably something more.

Lua Programmer: Scripting... Well its definitely something I can do, but is lower
on the list of things that I would want to do. I can still do it of course. Making a script talk to the database
seems most fun especially since most scripts get more fun when there are more variables involved.
Again the same price as the other two.

Why am I doing this?
I have a part time tutoring job at a nearby university where I help IT students on their programming work.
I have been out of the game for some time and would like to stay sharp and this is the best community that I know that would easily give me something to practice on.

Where can you contact me?
Post here, PM, or e-mail only.
Send e-mails to [email protected]

Last edited:
I have been out of the game for some time and would like to stay sharp and this is the best community that I know that would easily give me something to practice on.
Just like in the real world, no one is going to pay you to sit there and figure it out, (unless there is no one else that can make it happen)
If you want to sharpen your skills then check the requests and support boards, help those who either can't or won't help themselves.

When I came back to this community my programming skills were below average now they are about average (i'll be modest).
I try to write at least 1 script everyday for someone, when you do that (regardless if it works or not) you're re-immersing yourself into the mind set of the tfs framework and start to realize that all these distro's are the same.

Anyway best of luck! :)

Just like in the real world, no one is going to pay you to sit there and figure it out, (unless there is no one else that can make it happen)
If you want to sharpen your skills then check the requests and support boards, help those who either can't or won't help themselves.

When I came back to this community my programming skills were below average now they are about average (i'll be modest).
I try to write at least 1 script everyday for someone, when you do that (regardless if it works or not) you're re-immersing yourself into the mind set of the tfs framework and start to realize that all these distro's are the same.

Anyway best of luck! :)

Thanks Codex, I did not think of doing that and I will try to go into the other boards, like support and requests, to offer some help.

Back