• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Arcadia Online is looking for a mapper or two

Royalty

GrinchyGame
Reaction score
latest
Greetings
latest

gfw5spx.png
We would to to cordially invite any fellow mappers the chance to join a splendid project in the making. Before we continue, I'd like to say that Arcadia Online has come a very long way in the past couple months of development, especially with the Covid-19 pandemic that has risen. With progress slowing, we have decided to bring an outsider in from the wonderful forum of Otland. There may be a high possibility that we will be accepting 2 mappers, this is all due to speed up the progress on the mapping development side of the project. I would like to explain what we bring to the table.. We have a large development group consisting of many individuals who are very well experienced in what they do, and have to contribute to the making of Arcadia Online. We do have our own verified discord established and managed by the management of Skydrive Studios. And we also have a verified developer partnership with twitch to allow the game as much publicity as possible. With that being said lets get to the main point of this thread.

What will we require of you?
The development staff over at Skydrive Studios ensures a fun-filled environment, we work very well side by side each other to reach a goal for Open-Tibia servers in hopes of creating our own game. With that being said we take pride in our work, we would only expect the same out of you. It would be expected that you would work atleast 1-2 hours a day, or fulfill a schedule that is agreed upon through discussion.

What sort of compensation would be divulged?
After careful examination of your skills and abilities we could discuss some sort of payment arrangement once the server is online. We have held approximately 2 beta sessions with many changes, and throughout careful planning we have devised a strategy to ensure fairness and equality throughout the lands of Arcadia, by bringing a no P2W atmosphere.

Application Process
As we would like to give a fair hiring process to all who'd like to apply. we would simply hold a weekly probationary period and analyze your strong and weak points of map designing, this will give us a good outline in understanding if you would fulfill the role we are currently seeking.
latest
Application Form

Name:
Time Available:
Why would you like to work for Arcadia Online?

Last edited:
Name: Michael Strom
Examples of Work: Pm'd
Time Available: To discuss a schedule
Why would you like to work for Arcadia Online? I feel that my imagination and sense of realism would be greatly appreciate to the team. I also played during the beta so i'm familiar with the style of the map. I'v been mapping off and on for the past couple years and I believe it would be beneficial for me to learn something along the way.

Its based off of 1098, but they are using a custom spr/dat. The team is pretty cool though, from who i'v spoken to.
As Kryphon has stated, this is correct. We are using the standard 10.98 protocol, with implemented features such as transparency for spell effects, and edited sprites.

We are currently still looking for one more mapper. A position has been filled, please submit your work either here on this thread or via pm to me directly and I will converse with the team whether or not you should get the job.

Thanks!

Back