• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
agvkU6H34F.png

see more here

I'm not good, I'm not professional, but I'm trying my best...

This is a small garden inside a 'castle' of mine, say your feelings.

2eknjtl.png

2eknjtl.png

I think it looks pretty good mate! But I would skip the metal fittings, and a closed room with only a broken bottle looks abit strange imo :d and remove the grass border in the room entrence! Keep it up!

2eknjtl.png

You have improved alot since last time I saw you map!
Still there are alot of things that you could improve when mapping, I'll say what I think of this piece.

First of all, remove all unnecessery details like cobwebs, borders inside houses, broken bottles and metal fittings etc. I'd personally also remove all of the dirt borders seen in the picture, and I wouldn't either mix grass borders and use the lawn next to normal grass, using all kind of borders in a city ruins the theme, it can't be too unique. I would also remove either the fountain or the well, the well fits mustly for poor villages or smaller cities meanwhile the flashy fountain suits for big kingdoms, thais etc. Whenever you are going to create a city, plan what details you are going to use, at the moment I cant see 3 kinds of flowers and several swamps of the same kind, all these flowers and swamps are probably not able to live under the same circumstances. I'm also wondering that the pillars are doing, is the city underground? If it is then you should remove all the growth and the lamp.

You have come far enough to find your own unique style, I will enjoy watching you improve in the future, good luck! :)

@HesteN
- Alright, thanks mate.

@Kejsaren
- Thanks for the good feed, I'll try to improve and thanks.

Are you using the 'wrong' doors for the 2 small rooms on purpose? It doesn't look that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back