• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
impossible to critize you on these pics tbh. should take some close ups breads

Impossible because you haven't seen it before, perhaps. Most people post their maps / map their maps like they were supposed to be shown as a piece of art and not played. This is a birdsview because it's the entirety(the big picture) that i'm proud of and think is well-made, not the details.

Seriously, what good does a picture like this do? ;)

sf9JP77.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. And why not show off playable maps instead of just "art"? :p

YINlNc4.png

What about this then? :) Living quarters of Tristrum village. Can't add too much details because of the map-size but other than the "more details" i'd love some feedback :) Something you see that looks bad/good?

YINlNc4.png

What about this then? :) Living quarters of Tristrum village. Can't add too much details because of the map-size but other than the "more details" i'd love some feedback :) Something you see that looks bad/good?

the road looks too perfectly shaped considering its a farm imo and also wtf is that border on the grass balcony

the road looks too perfectly shaped considering its a farm imo and also wtf is that border on the grass balcony

I guess it is a... an unfinished roofing-project? Gonna call the contractors right away, told them to not hold back on proper material :/

2arxVLX.png

Most folks living in Tristrum are simple people, farmers and hunters. But in the southwest corner of the living quarters lives a guy named Bouchard. He's a traveler and a warrior, with a love for flowers and the beauty of details. He's also a very handy man which is why he collects rainwater from the roof. He's a buisy man so when he's home he don't have time to run down to the well to get water just to keep his flowers in good condition as he is exporting them to Siath-city. He also paid a beggar to clean up the roads a bit and ordered 2 caskets of Tristrums finest rum. Tonight he's having a party and all of Tristrum is invited..

:p

@Sinth are You trolling? Honest to God, I cannot tell if you're serious or just waste your time to provoke people like me into fight...
Your maps are awful. Your bordering is way to angular. You're not using any details on nature. Etc.
Birdview? Are you freking kidding me? Birdview can be done in games like Witcher 3, not in games based on 32x32 pixelated graphic called sprites. Don't post those awful bigass screenshots of nothing.
Last thing: You can do "art"-like maps and keep them playable, You just need skill. Here are examples:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160227/5sg6h2g2.png - @eiserne festung map
http://1.1m.yt/FVOs4bZ.png - @Alush map
http://2.1m.yt/Rf66bsD.png - @Neon work

I think you have to explain and define "people like you". Interesting points though, not. This is mapping showoff not graphical-art-using-tibia-sprites-and-other-such-items.

I'll check the links though, later.

Pic 2 and 3 were pretty awesome, I don't disagree on that one for sure. But it's not fit for many players(pic2). In my opinion.

@Sinth, the reason you do close ups is to show intricate detail, and i think the reason you don't want to show it is because there is minimal detail

I think you missed something here. I've said all that already :) What's the problem with not posting only close-ups?

@Sinth are You trolling? Honest to God, I cannot tell if you're serious or just waste your time to provoke people like me into fight...
Your maps are awful. Your bordering is way to angular. You're not using any details on nature. Etc.
Birdview? Are you freking kidding me? Birdview can be done in games like Witcher 3, not in games based on 32x32 pixelated graphic called sprites. Don't post those awful bigass screenshots of nothing.
Last thing: You can do "art"-like maps and keep them playable, You just need skill. Here are examples:
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160227/5sg6h2g2.png - @eiserne festung map
http://1.1m.yt/FVOs4bZ.png - @Alush map
http://2.1m.yt/Rf66bsD.png - @Neon work

I think you should settle the fuck down and shove the bread out of the oven before taking any fast handed conclusions. It's a metaphor.

I think you should settle the fuck down and shove the bread out of the oven before taking any fast handed conclusions. It's a metaphor.
My conclusions weren't that bad. Maybe He is not troll, but surely He is just kid or very stupid person who cannot comprehend the basic idea of how to present your map for people and cannot take any critique because He will almost immediately starts to burble about "maps not being art" or other bullshit like this instead of giving proper screenshots.
Btw. I didn't lost my temper, became angry or something. This is my way of commenting other people mistakes. I don't believe in politness. It's even worse than political correctness of leftwinged idiots.

A part of my sewer project I've spent nearly a week on :<
lPjtMzu.png

ySuxBGD.png

This part breaks immersion/perspective/call it whatever You want. Portion of the wall is located on higher ground without looking like it is higher than rest of the wall.

A part of my sewer project I've spent nearly a week on :<
lPjtMzu.png

A week on this? I feel bad for you brother.

You mixed way too many colours. I see green, gray, blue, red and brown. Also, I'm not a big fan of those crystals, they look really horrible in almost any case - including this case. The map itself makes no sense either. What is it? A shrine, a dining hall, a ruin or a pit? Try to slow down with the grass tufts aswell.

A week on this? I feel bad for you brother.

You mixed way too many colours. I see green, gray, blue, red and brown. Also, I'm not a big fan of those crystals, they look really horrible in almost any case - including this case. The map itself makes no sense either. What is it? A shrine, a dining hall, a ruin or a pit? Try to slow down with the grass tufts aswell.
Go to my mapping thread, that piece is only a small fraction of a big sewer project brother, Please don't troll just because you have only half context. :) even if it did take that long, It's fun to do and feels good. cheers :)

My conclusions weren't that bad. Maybe He is not troll, but surely He is just kid or very stupid person who cannot comprehend the basic idea of how to present your map for people and cannot take any critique because He will almost immediately starts to burble about "maps not being art" or other bullshit like this instead of giving proper screenshots.
Btw. I didn't lost my temper, became angry or something. This is my way of commenting other people mistakes. I don't believe in politness. It's even worse than political correctness of leftwinged idiots.

ySuxBGD.png

This part breaks immersion/perspective/call it whatever You want. Portion of the wall is located on higher ground without looking like it is higher than rest of the wall.

Also yeah, i see what you mean and ill fix it asap :) Thanks for the advice/input :)

Last edited:
Go to my mapping thread, that piece is only a small fraction of a big sewer project brother, Please don't troll just because you have only half context. :) even if it did take that long, It's fun to do and feels good. cheers :)
He's not wrong when he says you've mixed a lot of colours though, and I can agree with the crystals (unless you can hide them I'd remove them)
Not the worst piece overall though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back