• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
12002165_900800823334879_7668215869344916875_n.jpg

More on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Rangers-Arcani-852094871538808/timeline/

Pretty weird IMO but your work has always been somewhat that :D keep it up

Haha.. I'll take weird over "autoborder spam" and "ugly", so thank you!

I know this isn't going to -impress-.. I just wanted to show a bit of my thought process because a simply trap hole has a story to it. There's a tarnished spirit because the guy that died there was a criminal that robbed strangers of their herbs and was hording herbs to start making his own business. He fell down this hole, to the tarantula, died, and now takes residence there with the tarantula and can't be truly killed.

90774f91b4.gif

Last edited:

Haha.. I'll take weird over "autoborder spam" and "ugly", so thank you!

I know this isn't going to -impress-.. I just wanted to show a bit of my thought process because a simply trap hole has a story to it. There's a tarnished spirit because the guy that died there was a criminal that robbed strangers of their herbs and was hording herbs to start making his own business. He fell down this hole, to the tarantula, died, and now takes residence there with the tarantula and can't be truly killed.

90774f91b4.gif

I would put a dead tarantula there instead since the spirit should of taken revenge on the tarantula :p
Overal: I like the idea :)

Nice work, though I think it'd be better if the whole place was 1 floor (i.e, in this pic there's that spot you can exani hur up onto.
That can be blocked by item id 1548, if you place it on the floor above, you won't be able to levitate on that :)

That can be blocked by item id 1548, if you place it on the floor above, you won't be able to levitate on that :)
That's pointless in this case as if you can see it, imo you should be able to get there. Placing 1548 there would make a player confused as to why they can't get there.

It doesn't seem to have any color/shade in RME..
It's not meant to, it's an invisible blocking item, like a stair tile

@Oskar1121 Wow your Otclient looks amazing, do you think you can explain a few about scripting to me? i really wish i could make a spell system like that for my custom server

gaSV9s8.jpg

sMd4uFX.jpg

J9an8Kx.jpg

Ki4ynAU.jpg

weXLZqx.jpg

Took some inspiration from this thread to make a town, I think it turned out well, but I need some tips still. Anyone can help me out? I left out decorations in the first house because it has player houses in them. It also looks as if I'm using the same roof too much, but walking through it in-game it really doesn't stand out.

I would say make a small town and stick to one style while making the town. The town can be like 1 street with a couple of small side streets.

An example of my town
http://1.1m.yt/br4ET1ojZ.png

If you want to talk about details, that's a different story

Last edited:
At first look this caught my eye as strange.
14ihnw3.png

And as macedoon mentioned sticking to one style will make ur city look alot better.
But besides that all I mist say I like it :) Some more detailing wouldn't hurt (flowers, small stones etc) but overal it's pretty decent.

Some versatility isn't a bad thing tho, but try not to overdo it. If you feel like: "MMmmmh am I overdoing it or not?" Yes, you are. If you doubt about a piece its because you don't like it or you're not satisfied. While modifying it and you still doubting it. Delete it OR keep it as a reminder like, I don't want my maps to look like this. Just start fresh.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be adding more details and fix that odd-looking street shape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back