• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
VeNoXx, that's pretty accurate! Didn't take long till I found the building you depicted, which means you did a good job. Kudos!

As for me, I'm not one to brag about my maps and probably rightly so, I'm but an amateur compared to most of you. But I like to make something now and then, and certainly now me and a friend are working on a Roleplay-based server.
28s7yvc.jpg

A part of Caladon, the city I'm working on now. Yes, empty and yes, probably very boring, but that's just the style of the city. Clean and sober, imagine it being inhabited by snobs.

Pretty hard to say if it's empty from this view, press "New view" before taking your picture and you will get the best quality on the picture.

Ah yes, twas but a simple overview. Here's a zoomed in version of that bit with the wheels.
2vtxjf7.jpg

Also, I am not sure I know what you mean by 'next view', perhaps it's something to do with the kind of Editor? I use Simones, for that matter. Always have and most likely always will. Force of habit.

Edit: I'm not entirely satisfied with the most south-eastern corner of this scene. It's the roof of the DP, I had no idea what to do with it. Should I turn it into the red roof used throughout the entire city, or should I keep it a terrace?

@Silven
I think it's a cool idea for a city, but the mapping is just bad. :/

Hey, I'm in for criticism, but at least make it constructive, okay?
I made it constructive dude... <_< I said that it was a cool idea.
And if you're not for criticism, why do you post your screens?^_^

Tell him howta improve goddamnit! :D Silven I think you should add some details aswell as improving the buildings structures. They look pretty easily made, a tip is to google for like, old houses or something similar to that. It will definitely give you inspiration.

As far as the details go, think about that people've walked in that city for at least a couple of years, nature is often mixed within the cities to create a more calming and nice atmosphere. I like the idea though! It's just a little too empty and too simple =) Gluck!!

Edit: also think about when making bridges that they need something to stand on, else they'd collapse in the middle or make it like golden gate (don't know the name for the bridge structure) I'll give you an example! :)

The pic is not complete, only to state an example =)

examplea.png

Last edited:
@up
you have a bug in the map ^ in the building that wooden think is not walkeable

It's incomplete as I said though :D what wooden thing do you mean? Balconies?

edit: Got what you meant, thank you! =D

Thanks, Hokai! That's what I call constructive criticism!
Concerning that bridge, I agree wholeheartedly, it's just that I can't seem to find a proper sprite for it to lean on (Note that the path going under it is rather narrow, I can't simply add a pillar). The wooden things you used would be appropriate, but they just don't blend in with the rest. Any suggestions?

And concerning the emptiness, as said before, it's supposed to be super clean and serene. Imagine a group of workers cleaning up everything, keeping everything in order. It's like the ruler has an OCD of some kind, but thanks anyways! :]

Last edited:
Hehe, alright.. but you should add some clean nature at least! Remember, players do not want to walk on the same ground seeing the same things over and over =) I suggest changing the theme of the city to grey stone / wooden walls(You know the nice wooden walls, lol) If you do change the theme to stone I'd suggest using mountain entrances or w/e they're called to lean on!

Hope it helped =)

Edit: I saw you edit your post now, and I had come up with a solution, damn you! lol. I thought of a pillar though you might want it for your theme =)

pillar.png

Last edited:
Why would you put a waterfall there? And so no one will see it is only a few sqm too far ...

In fact, the screen is 11 high and 15 wide, with a player in the middle. so when the player stands in the top left corner of the room, he can see the waterfalls because they're less than 7 sqm away.

@Hokai: I just woke up so I'm still too sleepdrunk to do anything concrete but damn, man. I'm not sure I could ever thank you enough.

I think that this has been done before, but I just put together a small group of shark enthusiasts.

SharkHunters.png

Well, maybe one of them isn't too enthusiastic...

Was like 6 months since i mapped last time :p But this week the summer break started and i got banned from wow xD so i made a small try ;) just to see if some of it is still there

There's surly a lot of details and some borders missing but here's a sample :)

2zzl46c.jpg

/\ Open Remeres, Press the view tab -> New view and then you take the screenshot :) Looks okay, shape is okay. Too many waterfalls on left side at the same place. More details (gravel?) ya you get the picture =) GL

I like the way you mapped it but I would rather say it is a town which has been atacked by pirates :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back