• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Arda's mapping thread!

Arda

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to my mapping thread..

I'm working these weeks, on a new world map for my OT server, that's going to be hosted in the first months of 2014.

I made this thread to get feedback on my ideas, so I can improve my map before the final release. So please leave a comment :)

First photos is made by me and Millows..

2uh96pk.png

vifk9c.png

nqwgpj.png

The bridges and the gate look pretty nice, probably because they were made with RAW while other autobordered stuff isn't anything special at all and seems too random and spammed. I see you have sense of detailing, but try to use less random details (that doodad brushes usually generate) and place them yourself from RAW instead. Especially want to emphasise the "carpetbrushes" for these stones:
8b49c5a186.png

On 2 of your pictures they look messy, random and weird, look for example here it's even missing 1 border. Try to use more fitting details for a certain environment, such as bettering those brown roofs and removing those wagons that imo have no place in that undead-ish kind of environment.

Good luck and post more :]

Thanks for the reply's, I will try to focus a lot more on the details in the future :) New photos will be posted tomorrow!

Been working on a remap of Thais..

Reedited for better quality suggested by @hehemidu
Inner city
rrkymp.png

City wall
of5b4h.png

Last edited:
the image quality is pretty bad, mapping is decent but the quality is really annoying.
try reading and following this tutorial : How To Take Ingame Screenshots Properly
it will give much better pictures so that the focus of people lies on the mapping itself and not on : god this picture is bad.

also in the second picture: try not to put grass on top of the stones and trees and missing borders in the top left corner.
good luck and show us more :)

Time to show what I'm working on right now :)

This is a mountain region where a farmer and his family is living.

Let me know your opinion about this

11ql9he.png

2zfn24h.png

24lo8km.png

I'm please to hear that both of you like my idea! I'm going to remap some parts of it, so I would like to hear if some of you have any ideas to improve my map? :)

ofc try to make it look unique... u wonder how? Don't use autoborder!... Try it... it will take longer but it will look 1000x better. I don't think u need any tip what fits or what doesnt fit on this pieces. The first thing you need to learn is using RAW. This is the biggest improvement u can do. After that we can talk about details :) Use the Mapping Showoff Section, to see other guys using raw. There u can learn so many things about it. Try some small pieces and show them.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to focus my next map on raw units only :)

That's great work you got there mate, you got talent and alot of nice ideas, keep it coming!
Just focus on more details, a small detail can change everything.

Back