• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are Kaldrox custom clients safe? Detections are false positives?

MiaFH

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello today i was checking both old and new Kaldrox clients for the new sprites and comparing them to their old custom client. The official tibia 8.6 has 0 detections on VirusTotal and Anubis meanwhile Kaldrox's clients, both have more than 4 detections. I downloaded the zipped version of the new and old clients. Kaldrox - Downloads (https://www.kaldrox.com/?subtopic=downloads)

Are they safe? Should I worry? Why?

Last edited:
A clean OTC doesn't show any threats on virustotal.com

Hello today i was checking both old and new Kaldrox clients for the new sprites and comparing them to their old custom client. The official tibia 8.6 has 0 detections on VirusTotal and Anubis meanwhile Kaldrox's clients, both have more than 4 detections. I downloaded the zipped version of the new and old clients. Kaldrox - Downloads (https://www.kaldrox.com/?subtopic=downloads)

Are they safe? Should I worry? Why?
Yes, it was a DLL that he injected into the old client to add the mount system and other modifications. That's quite common. It was just a false virus, really.

Last edited:
you know who's the owner? i mean nickname from here

Yes, it was a DLL that he injected into the old client to add the mount system and other modifications. That's quite common. It was just a false alarm, really.
Thanks for the info i know some custom clients and custom ots have detections but i had to make sure. Can anyone can verify this information? Is it really safe?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info i know some custom clients and custom ots have detections but i had to make sure. Can anyone can verify this information? Is it really safe?
As long as something is not open source, I don't think you can say it's 100% safe.

As long as something is not open source, I don't think you can say it's 100% safe.
Yeah i agree, but you know what i mean. I just wanna know if it is for sure malware or a known malware, if its a false positive, if kaldrox is known for any issues.

Last edited:
Even if it's open source, you never safe due recent events.

Yeah i agree, but you know what i mean. I just wanna know if it is for sure malware or a known malware, if its a false positive, if kaldrox is know for any issues.
We can be lead by the logic, kaldrox has more than 1000 players online, pretty sure someone else would have complain already if there were a risk by downloading its clients.

Yeah i agree, but you know what i mean. I just wanna know if it is for sure malware or a known malware, if its a false positive, if kaldrox is know for any issues.

We can be lead by the logic, kaldrox has more than 1000 players online, pretty sure someone else would have complain already if there were a risk by downloading its clients.
Unfortunately, players complain that something dangerous in this community doesn't mean anything.
It's about you; you can trust or not. Make your decision.

Yeah exactly why i posted, to see if someone has anything to say or any information or maybe it was reported in the past.

Did several scans with multiple analyzers. Virus Total gave out 8 detections on the exe. Another site detects several suspicious processes. Still 8 from 68 is not much but i want to make sure if anyone knows anything bad or good about it.

Back