• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are there any guides for dummies?

kribery90

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very unexperienced with servers overall which might explain why I'm asking for help even though I spent hours searching this forum for a comprehensive guide on how to setup my own 8.6 or 10.98 server. Preferably with an account maker of some sort.

I'm sure all files I need are here but I just don't have the knowledge to put the pieces together. I want to learn and understand! Any help I can get is much appriciated!
I apologize in advance if I failed to find these guides in this forum and wasted your time or if my post were supposed to be somewhere else.

Regards,
Krib

Why you have OTClient as your thread prefix? We are almost getting this question/request daily, I will paste same tutorials.
Just follow/read the above tutorials and then come back with any errors or issues you get.

Thanks so much for replying. I'll give it a read!
Post automatically merged:

Why you have OTClient as your thread prefix? We are almost getting this question/request daily, I will paste same tutorials.
Just follow/read the above tutorials and then come back with any errors or issues you get.

Sorry if I posted under the wrong prefix. Thanks for replying anyways and I'll give your links a read.

I followed every step and got the server .exe running and the website seemed to be working but when I've created an account (can see it in mysql).
When I try to enter the account I get the message "Username and password combination is wrong. " When I use the same login credentials in the tibia client I can login.

What can be wrong?

Which server and AAC did you use? in your config.lua what's your encryption type?
Lua:
encryptionType

Which server and AAC did you use? in your config.lua what's your encryption type?
Lua:
encryptionType

I'm using theforgottenserver 1.2 and Znote as the guide did. As for the encryption type I can't find that string in the server config.lua

Edit: Nvm, I found the problem. I did set the TFS version to TFS_1.2 instead of TFS_10 lol.

Now however I got a new problem. My friend can access the website and create a character but not login to the tibia client..

Last edited:
Check your 7172 ports

Checked it using open port check tool and you are correct sir. I did port forward them in my router and I'm pretty sure they worked yesterday. But now only port 80 is working.

Any ideas to why? Tried adding an exception to my firewall without much luck.

Edit: Even tried disabeling both my windows firewall and my antivirus without any luck.

Last edited:
Back