• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are there any servers out there with storylines?

Would You Play A Server For The Storyline?

• Total voters

zizimaza

Reaction score
I posted here a few days ago and someone said you need to differentiate yourself and the first thing that came to mind was... storyline. No servers have storylines (aside from very dedicated real tibia servers), but even Cipsoft's storyline kinda blows.

So, would you play a server centered around one main quest?

I wrote a storyline yesterday because I was bored. I would appreciate feedback.

TL;DR: You train to defeat the Demon Overlord trapped underneath Thais and unknowingly uncover the secret corruption amongst Thais’s royalty— which you then battle and overthrow therefore becoming King and restoring peace to Tibia.

Tibia was once a bountiful and prosperous land ruled by King Patella. His prized cities — Thais, Venore, and Carlin were the epicenters of trade among the diverse creatures sprawled throughout the continent. His cities’ citizens were rich, healthy, honorable, and admired by everyone in Tibia, from the people of Edron to Port Hope.

Full of potential, these 3 cities made King Patella very wealthy. So wealthy in fact, that he grew mad with his obsession with is newfound gold. In the year 1337, King Patella commissioned a priest of the Knowing Guild — a brotherhood of quiet experimenters — to turn his mounds of useless Carlin iron ore into gold, platinum, and crystal.

Your character was once a soldier of the royal army stationed in Thais, but was wounded in the knee from a paladin’s arrow. After years of recovery you return to Thais as a level 8, yearning for adventure. You notice the city has changed though. The citizens are poor, malnourished, and your King is absent.

After realizing your city is dying, you visit the knowledgable monk Robert Hooke in the Thais temple. He tells you King Patella has been cursed with his addiction to gold. He tells you of a Demon Overlord trapped in the depths of the Pits of Inferno. Where, although it cannot escape, it continues to plunge Tibia into chaos by using its demonic minions to convince the creatures of Tibia to kill noble paladins, knights, druids, and sorcerers— the only trained force that can kill the Overlord. In order to save your King and your city, Robert Hooke tells you, "you must kill the Demon Overlord and rescue Tibia from chaos."

In order to kill the Demon Overlord, you are told you need to collect the essences of 15 creatures throughout Tibia and use them to forge an ultimate explosion rune and defeat the Overlord.

You collect the essence, forge the ultimate explosion rune, and challenge the Demon Overlord. While defeating the Demon Overlord, there was a raid during the night and King Patella vanished. On your return to Thais, you find a once golden city in ruin. You race to the palace to tell King Patella of the good news and find a hooded figure on Patella’s throne nodding to a joyous song.

He asks, “Why have you interrupted my song of good faith?”

You inquire, “So you have heard of my good news? I have defeated the Demon Overlord and saved this city from chaos.”

He quickly demands, “What have you done!!?!”

Confused, you respond, “I have saved the city from the nothing it has become!! Where is King Patella, so I may tell him?!”

Agitated Lord Baites exclaims, “You have slain the one creature in this world with enough power to rebuild Tibia to its once former glory. A glory that preceding King Patella and his foolish corruption for gold.”

The hooded figure slowly rises and says, “That is, Patella is dead; in the night he hath passed. I am Lord Baites, Stuart of Thais, most trusted advisor sent from the Knowing Guild.” “Unfortunately, I cannot help you any longer, leave now,” demanded Baites.

In dismay, you visit Robert Hooke in Thais’s temple and tell him of lord Baites, the Stuart of Thais.

Robert Hooke tells you Baites is a high ranking member of the Knowing Guild— A society experimenting with various and strange chemicals. He says they have been experimenting with turning titanium into gold. He gloat fully tell you that they transport the new gold to the King Patella’s palace through the underground sewer tunnels and that he has been I’ve been “borrowing” gold from their stash in the palace for years to pay for temple renovations. He offers to show you the stash. You oblige.

After navigating the tunnels, you stumble upon the giant gold stash. The pit of gold is magnificent and heavily guarded. You pick up some crystal coins and twiddle them. This causes a chain reaction and hundred of gold coins falls to the ground causing you to fall into the pit. The guards, now alerted, pursue you. You run out of the pit, through tunnels and past jail cells. One jail cell contains King Patella. You unchain him, fight your way out, and emerge from a marble tile into the great hall of Lord Baite’s palace. Furious that Baites has usurped and tortured the King you slay Lord Baites and his cronies. While escaping the palace King Patella is fatally shot. Royal guards, loyal to the King, rush from throughout the city to help. In his dying breath Patella bequeaths you king amongst the royal guards who now kneel in your presence.

You exile Lord Baite’s remaining body guards from the city and disband the Knowing Guild. You have rescued the Thais from chaos and restored peace back to the chaotic continent of Tibia.

Dont matter, i'm not gunna read it anyways just more spam to get through

indeed a server with a storyline seems more "legit" but OTs's players won't really care about that, would be nice if there was a final boss at the end and he's in another kingdom, and he sends his forces to attack your village, and then you get ready to do the same... But in this case your forcing the story line on the players & that will need the game to end at some point, you can't fight a boss that you haven't seen XD, what would be cool is if you get like a family of bosses, then the server is updated when that boss is killed, and they have to go to the kingdom and fight really hard monsters and work together, now to go their they need to be of x level maybe or do x task for the "king" to prove their loyalty & join the army? Sorry I love imagining new stuff XD

In Whi World, I got nest of stories wrapped around main story what develops depending how far players get with their actions (aka how fast I develop new content xD)
In Patch 0.1.5 I create new npc system along with the lore text and situation text, but it can be easily ignored, with not choosing to ask npc "who are you?", etc.
Dont matter, i'm not gunna read it anyways just more spam to get through

would be nice if there was a final boss at the end and he's in another kingdom, and he sends his forces to attack your village, and then you get ready to do the same... But in this case your forcing the story line on the players & that will need the game to end at some point
That's why I have endings. (book1, book2, book3)
Instead of making new server I just start with new content, what can be totally unrelated with previous lore.

I think its nice to have clear story and make player understand where he belongs in the bigger picture.
It will give more purpose to play and feeling that you are part of something and your decision matter. Also It's nice if player knows, everything is all good now, game completed, instead of making him aimlessly wonder around world.

In Whi World, I got nest of stories wrapped around main story what develops depending how far players get with their actions (aka how fast I develop new content xD)
In Patch 0.1.5 I create new npc system along with the lore text and situation text, but it can be easily ignored, with not choosing to ask npc "who are you?", etc.

That's why I have endings. (book1, book2, book3)
Instead of making new server I just start with new content, what can be totally unrelated with previous lore.

I think its nice to have clear story and make player understand where he belongs in the bigger picture.
It will give more purpose to play and feeling that you are part of something and your decision matter. Also It's nice if player knows, everything is all good now, game completed, instead of making him aimlessly wonder around world.
Absolutely, if everyone has their actual part to play it will encourage players to play even more, and will give them a sense of belonging to the server

Ruthless Chaos is based on one huge storyline. In fact, once the final boss is beaten the server is reset and a new era begins (old era characters are transferred to their own server if the ruthless seven is beaten). Unfortunately you need around 7-8 highly dedicated people to get that far (no one has beaten the server, let alone 1 of the ruthless 7).
ftdPcbz.jpg

VSyZu2X.png

last picture seems cool, but pretty genereric fight.
I can see 2 "healers" spamming 2 buttons.
1. Heal players.
2. Drink potion.

And 1 "damage dealer"
Sitting in corener pressing 1 button.
1. Deal damage.

and 1 "tank" in middle, pressing prolly ~2 buttons, and movement keys.(at best, should be a boss.)
1. Heal self
MAYBE 2. deal some kind of dmg with spell.
3-6 moevement keys, plz be at least somewhat interesting for 1 player.

The boss Killing is kind of a story, but its not big story, it just a way to unlock more fantazy.
Killing itself I wouldn't call story.

As a story would be, if you read everything NPC's say and Quest Log, then for me it should be like a book.
Killing a boss is 1 line of story.
But im sure the quest is awesome or location interesting where is the boss.

Whi World bosses? Something cool or like any other?
Kind of cool that I'm about to pitch in new boss for my server, People have seen my bosses and died at least 1 time for sure if not 5+. There is no standing around. You only got 2 spells, but you gotta use them+ eat food in middle of fight. (fights last are ~2+minutes intense fights)
Now players going to get new boss from Patch 0.1.4, Map is almost ready (horrible like always, creation effort by me, and you know its horrible. kokoko helped to pitch in ideas though, so that is cool)
Next thing is new boss. Not sure should i make more harder than ever? Or keep it casual dieing like Big Daddy and Archanos? like Killable xD?? Im sure you find way ~1 day :rolleyes:. But how many times you are willing to die?

last picture seems cool, but pretty genereric fight.
I can see 2 "healers" spamming 2 buttons.
1. Heal players.
2. Drink potion.

And 1 "damage dealer"
Sitting in corener pressing 1 button.
1. Deal damage.

and 1 "tank" in middle, pressing prolly ~2 buttons, and movement keys.(at best, should be a boss.)
1. Heal self
MAYBE 2. deal some kind of dmg with spell.
3-6 moevement keys, plz be at least somewhat interesting for 1 player.

The boss Killing is kind of a story, but its not big story, it just a way to unlock more fantazy.
Killing itself I wouldn't call story.

As a story would be, if you read everything NPC's say and Quest Log, then for me it should be like a book.
Killing a boss is 1 line of story.
But im sure the quest is awesome or location interesting where is the boss.

Kind of cool that I'm about to pitch in new boss for my server, People have seen my bosses and died at least 1 time for sure if not 5+. There is no standing around. You only got 2 spells, but you gotta use them+ eat food in middle of fight. (fights last are ~2+minutes intense fights)
Now players going to get new boss from Patch 0.1.4, Map is almost ready (horrible like always, creation effort by me, and you know its horrible. kokoko helped to pitch in ideas though, so that is cool)
Next thing is new boss. Not sure should i make more harder than ever? Or keep it casual dieing like Big Daddy and Archanos? like Killable xD?? Im sure you find way ~1 day :rolleyes:. But how many times you are willing to die?

You're very good at making a thread an advertisement for Whi World. ;)

@whitevo
The bosses in Ruthless Chaos are some of the most strategic bosses I've ever experienced. The only other server that replicates that type of strategic warfare is Necronian bosses.
Also you can't judge a boss battle just by a picture! sure in the one posted above it looks like the typical boss battle but that's not always the case.

Each boss on Ruthless requires strategies to beat. There are some bosses we ended up dying many times in order to learn how to successful defeat it.
It was pretty painful dying over and over again, but each time we got smart and eventually defeated the boss. This doesn't even include the Ruthless 7 because no one has been able to venture that far.
We have found information from NPCs, secret books, and so on that provide us with lore and within the lore lies secrets about the Ruthless 7.

Let's just say that Ruthless Chaos has some of the most tactile bosses you'll end up facing. :)

You're very good at making a thread an advertisement for Whi World. ;)
nah, adverisement comes next year, i just write my progress here.

Let's just say that Ruthless Chaos has some of the most tactile bosses you'll end up facing
i think i prolly end up having that experience on my own server. Lore Boss comes on patch 0.1.6

You're trying to say these bosses are generic, yet why would yours be different. You have 2 spells you can use, we have multiple to chose from and runes besides them. You have to eat food on your server, we use pots on ruthless. You're talking about dying multiple times before finding a way to beat the boss, I'll tell you we died more than once at most bosses we fought. You're judging ruthless without having fought any of the higher level bosses, and try yelling us your server is so much better and different just by looking at 1 picture.

The only reason we were able to stand around is because we thought of strategies making that possible at certain bosses, while at other bosses we couldn't just 'stand around'. Honestly, you should learn not to judge before you tried it out. Ruthless Chaos boss fights are far from simple.

You're trying to say these bosses are generic, yet why would yours be different. You have 2 spells you can use, we have multiple to chose from and runes besides them. You have to eat food on your server, we use pots on ruthless. You're talking about dying multiple times before finding a way to beat the boss, I'll tell you we died more than once at most bosses we fought. You're judging ruthless without having fought any of the higher level bosses, and try yelling us your server is so much better and different just by looking at 1 picture.

The only reason we were able to stand around is because we thought of strategies making that possible at certain bosses, while at other bosses we couldn't just 'stand around'. Honestly, you should learn not to judge before you tried it out. Ruthless Chaos boss fights are far from simple.
I'm sorry, Then he just brought 1 bad picture. That boss seemed rather dull.

Huge difference between Ruhtless and my server is, they have lot of content and I don't. I have only 2 semi-bosses in my server and people only use 2 spells, because I only have 2 spells for all vocations.
And I didn't say my server is so much better, I asked are my bosses cool or like any other with the given tools I have so far? And Should I make new semi-bosses harder or not?

That is so true, I have no clue what bosses are in Ruthless, I based my judgment on that single picture. (usually people post one of the coolest fights of server)

Someone once compared my Archanos with some Deathzot bosses, seems like in there are cool bosses too.

But back to main topic.
I think Bosses and their fights are just small fraction of server story. They are more like keys to give a story.
After killing a boss, things change and people will remember how it once was, but now its different because something has changed, in this case, 1 important boss has been killed.

It's kind of difficult to a get a picture that accurately depicts a dynamic boss battle. Sorry to disappoint you, Senpai.

On topic: I was just posting the pictures to help clarify that Ruthless does have a storyline, however the storyline is kind of required to progress through the server to get to new islands and what not.

Got some movies of boss battles on my youtube, nothing fancy just the way battles work + voices while we were doing it if you're interested in seeing what its like on the server. We'll be playing again to have some fun, so if you're interested you can hit me, zasranets or zikko up to join.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Ikuxif

Got some movies of boss battles on my youtube, nothing fancy just the way battles work + voices while we were doing it if you're interested in seeing what its like on the server. We'll be playing again to have some fun, so if you're interested you can hit me, zasranets or zikko up to join.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Ikuxif
I looked first 3 videos, I'm quite dissapointed in these boss fights also xD Bosses do practically nothing to intensive the fight.

how to make [all] fights more interesting step 1:
put a 10 second cooldown on all potions
there is no step 2

potions are mad gay

On topic though - a long time ago (xml days) I created a small story based server that was designed to be distributed and played as a single player/co-op game.
It was heavily based on the Gothic franchise (RPG) and I had grand plans of releasing it in chapters. Unfortunately back then I just didn't have the dedication or the skill to complete the project. I never completed more than the first chapter =(
Don't know if anyone would have even been interested, but even now I like the idea haha

how to make [all] fights more interesting step 1:
put a 10 second cooldown on all potions
there is no step 2

potions are mad gay
help me too!? :D
I got no hp nor mana regeneration potions. The reason is almost the same. xD

based on the Gothic franchise (RPG)
I am considering to restyle sprites to little more detailed and gothic for future, but that will see if the time comes. No clue would it look good.

But the look of game gives nice illustration to story/lore too. Although I think its hardest to do.
Because mapping. .. uh.. dat is impossibru..
And then making sprites... seems even more trouble.

I agree with the potion thing.

Being able to re-fill your HP and/or Mana bar 7,000 times before you die is simply stupid.

Simply make it so if you fuck up, and get hit by a few heavy damage spells, then you use your potion.
If you don't fuck up, then maybe you should be able to defeat the monster without using your potion. (Still take damage)

Then if you say "Then you can hunt for free, because you don't have to use potions."

Uh no, you still need food, so just increase the price of food, make it more rare. And Tada. Combat is automatically more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom