• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wallpaper Argardh worldmap

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
24/6, finished(maybe :) )

worldmap8.jpg

Updated again. :)

worldmap3.png

zjl5F5P.jpg

Last edited:
Neat little program. Wish it had ctrl+z though. :p
Nice map though.
I bet it took quite some time to create, even with that tool.

Nice map!
Btw. Is it inspired a bit by rl map? Siath sounds a bit like Thais :)

Nice map!
Well, Mount Sternum and Fibula Village, are clearly marked on the map, along with Ruins of Venore and Pits of Havoc. :p

Neat little program. Wish it had ctrl+z though. :p
Nice map though.
I bet it took quite some time to create, even with that tool.

Yeah, i've been thinking about sending whoever made this an e-mail begging him to release an improved version.. i'd definately pay 20$ or more for this program if it was downloadable with some more basic features and added graphics/Objects(They are super-simple but just 20-30).

Edit: Yeah, quite some time :p Third attempt and I think 6-10h. Most geographical places are in their exact location but not out in the boarders.

Nice map!

Htais :)

Some of the best parts of Tibia(Mintwallin for example) has been copied and built further upon. As for the names Xikini.. Pits of Havoc is 50/50 PoI and PoH :O I will definately keep some Tibia-names but some might in time be changed into other languages.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going around this forum asking questions about the most basic stuff in running OTS. Are You sure You should waste your time on making fancy representation of your world, while you doesn’t seem fit to run OTS?
This is classis mistake from writer 101 guide. You’re getting hyped on those massive in scale but very general ideas for your universe, you’re coming up with names for dozens places, dozens historical events, etc. while having none of the skills required to finish 1/10 of them.
So first finish at least of 50% of your original server ideas and then start your advertising campaign.

You're going around this forum asking questions about the most basic stuff in running OTS. Are You sure You should waste your time on making fancy representation of your world, while you doesn’t seem fit to run OTS?
This is classis mistake from writer 101 guide. You’re getting hyped on those massive in scale but very general ideas for your universe, you’re coming up with names for dozens places, dozens historical events, etc. while having none of the skills required to finish 1/10 of them.
So first finish at least of 50% of your original server ideas and then start your advertising campaign.

50% not finished? I'd say 80%+ is finished, but you seem to know more about Argardh than me :p Have you even been to www.Argardh.com or logged in on the server?

And btw, and fyi, it's 5 months until Open-Beta launches so those last 20% will be there don't worry :)

And yet You were looking for mappers for hire… Also I'm not talking only about your goddamn awful map You've showed us in mapping showoff. I’m talking about stuff like your inability to write simple monsters scripts and other stuff. Just… Just stop…

Btw. This is not installation progress. Don’t put any bullshit % numbers to make yourself sound a little smarter or cocky…

Btw. This is not installation progress. Don’t put any bullshit % numbers to make yourself sound a little smarter or cocky…

You're the one who started dropping numbers, not me. So, I say to you: This is not "installation progress"... *facepalm*

Haters gonna hate, gotta love it :)

Last edited:
looks kinda empty but overall i like it

Not really finished mostly uploaded to give a better idea of the size of the map(and made it to make a city map for depots etc during closed-beta). Thanks though :p

Edit: Very open, yes.. I might see what you see now :p I think it will stay like that. exept the mountains north of the city(stones and trees will most likely be added) It's the only city on a huge map(there's other villages but no city) so the roads will need to be rather big..

Last edited:
Your main map is starting to look spammed with text.
Generally overview maps should only contain Major Cities, and Major Significant Landmarks (such as the names of landscapes/hills that define a significant portion of the map.).
Once you have the overview map done, you should work on scaled down sections of the map which can include smaller landmarks in that area. (such as bandit settlements/ruins/et cetera)

That's just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Xikini

Thanks for the input, and: I agree 100%. Will probably divide it into 2 separate once, 1 that is spammed like this for informational/gameplay purpose more than art and then 1 bigger that contains the whole world and almost only region names.. and then make monster/hunting-maps out of editor-screenshots for different regions.

Back