• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ARTxen - Mapping Showoff - my start

Hi @xeno62! Is good to see new mappers but you have to improve a lot. There's mixtures of tiles that doesn't fit at all, you must focus on important things before keep going. For example, how is lava going to mix with acid? Or how can a wooden tile be below a water border? How can a waterfall be there is there's no visible water source? None on this are "real" and make the pieces look like a real mess.

Not sure what you're pointing to. Surely your pathfindings are playable since there's space for the player, but your maps doesn't have any storyline, any realistic feeling, seems that nothing have sense on your maps. Don't take this as a bad comment, please, i'm just giving precise feedback to help you.

Find some good reference and start from there,

There's lots of guides, groups, etc. It's 2022 you surely can study it a bit more.
Regards!

Thank you for all the opinions, they are. It cannot be argued that it is necessary to keep to the current one, today I devoted a few selected colors and hours above the rooms for NPC's Tasks.

#4 'NPC Tasks Room'
npctask.gif

#5 'outdoor shop'
ffffffffff.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys!

Its my next project... :)

#6 'forest idea'
forest1.gif

Last edited:
now the exact opposite ;d
try to break the symmetry for more interesting look and add some details but not too much
imo

It's not bad, although there is still a lot of work ahead of you. As an experienced mapper, I can confidently say that in my opinion the most difficult part is creating cities, and I am also talking about myself. Only with time does a person learn to plan places and give them a climate. The city must be transparent and, above all, playable. Try to make buildings that are different from each other and, above all, not the same. Buildings should also be more elaborate, not just squares. Don't give so much grass and don't leave such distances between buildings. Try to make a chessboard. Make one road horizontally or vertically and build buildings to it (close to the road), make another straight road in the middle of the road and build more. The houses do not have to be flush by the road, but don't try to get too far. Here's an example of how you should more or less do it:

CITY.png

Of course, the buildings are done quickly and I didn't extend them that much, it was just an example of the arrangement of the buildings. If you are interested in mapping and would like to learn something or ask, ask, I will be happy to help.

Looking good my friend! I like to see such projects like this, so keep it up i will follow😀 Try to make houses with different walls, floors, roofs etc to make a nice rpg feeling👍🏼

Looking good my friend! I like to see such projects like this, so keep it up i will follow😀 Try to make houses with different walls, floors, roofs etc to make a nice rpg feeling👍🏼
Thank you my friend! its my next project trial and error method.

hhhhh.jpg

We create 100% custom RPG project on 7.72 client.
If you want join let me know:
Salvart#2382

Hello bro, a first thing that I want say to you is about how you evolved at first post to last so...
basically is this how you turn better PRATIC. And you are practicing of better form trying use everything that have in the RME.
Other tip is use less or never use autoborder. In my opinion to use autoborder with solidity requires time and experience.
Last tip but no less important is use the logic of world to mapping this help you put the things in right place and consequently made your map most beautiful.
Srry my bad english.

I can agree about the improves from first and last pictures.

Only an advice:
You can use inspirations from this thread

Back