• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Ascalon is searching for developers!

Fare

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
[Saying sorry for such a small and shady thread, however I got no time to post something advanced. I believe that my name is known, and everyone who read that, is understanding that I'm pretty much mature and serious person =d ]

Hello! I'm the owner and creator Ascalon world. Its a custom RPG with medium exp rate(check old thread for details). Right now server is offline, however I planning to put it online very soon(most of things are ready, I'm fixing last issues, to make sure that it will be a perfect launch). However, its being hard for me to maintain it alone.

So, I'm searching for someone who is able to help me with development; Please, do not apply if you are not sure that you are able to fulfill the requirements for the position. You need to take this seriously.

Who I am searching for? Any OT related knowledge is required. You need to know LUA or PHP/HTML/CSS(less needed) or at least you need to be assiduous enough to do a nice RPG looking map pieces. As I'm handling 99% of server's development, any help is welcome. Actually, I got a LOT of easy XML/LUA work, which takes a lot of time and actually requires time/brain(like counting spells, balance(server is mostly documented in Microsoft Excel/txt format, with formulas, damages etc)). Also, its a big + if you played Ascalon before, because its pretty much hard to get into development, if you have never played the server. Aswell as its a big + if you're known on otland, as it will be pretty much impossible for me, to give away much access to server files to someone with no name.

I'm not going to get a huge team, just need one person who will help me. He will obtain a position ingame, access to files which he is supposed to handle and a part of server's profit depending his quality and activity.

Anyway, post here, or ask me in PM, skype(fare_chasm) for any info if you're interested.

Sounds interesting to me, I've not been active at OtLand for years but I'm deciding to get back into OT.

You seem very mature and I would like to work with you/help you out. I'd prefer to discuss this further in PM or Skype if that's ok with you.

Thanks,
Joe.

I like this part:
I got a LOT of easy XML/LUA work, which takes a lot of time and actually requires time/brain(like counting spells, balance(server is mostly documented in Microsoft Excel/txt format, with formulas, damages etc)). Also, its a big + if you played Ascalon before

As im pretty sure i could handle that :), well i g2g for the day but i'll see you tomorrow!

Regards
Ethrex (Amir)

It's a pity. I would help you but that always spoils all the fun in playing a server.

I could help you. Im sure you remember me since I used to be staff on Chasm, and played all further on servers made by you. Anyway, im around here since the first distros came out, and basicly I can do anything. Just like you, set up a server from scratch completely custom. Also I study ICT, so I sure have the knowledge that you require.

Hit me up anytime

Greeets

I could help you. Im sure you remember me since I used to be staff on Chasm, and played all further on servers made by you. Anyway, im around here since the first distros came out, and basicly I can do anything. Just like you, set up a server from scratch completely custom. Also I study ICT, so I sure have the knowledge that you require.

Hit me up anytime

Greeets

I don't like ur avatarz! :D

Hey man,
I have a pretty good knowledge of Lua and can make most things.
You might remember me from Chasm or Ascalon, played both of them and have great memories of them.
I also know some html/css/php, and currently following an ICT study so my knowledge only keeps extending in programming.

Let me know ;)

Hello Mr.Fare :)

Name:Sherif
Email:[email protected]
Experience:playing Rl Tibia From 7 Years And Have A Much Experiance In OTS Was Host A Server 2 Years Ago And Got Retired And Just Got Back Again Week Ago

Massege : First Hello Fare Im Glad Talking You I Hear You Are A Good Man Really I Hope To Join Ur Server And Help You Belive Me I Can Work All The Day Just 2 Hours Relax And You Will Make Me Working As U Like Just I Need Some Edits That You Will Teach Me In A Short Time Also I Will Help You In Anything ِAlso You Can Depend On Me In All Ur Work And Trust Me Im Not Scammer I Promise You With My God That I Will Work Serious With You And Never Get Bad Things From Me Also You Can Test Me For A Little Time You Won't Lose And Thing If Tested Anyway Thanks For Respecting And Sorry If Troubled You :)!! (Mome)<Here!!

Hey Fare, the server is really looking good! I can tell you've spent a lot of time on new things since I last tried this server last year. I'd be glad to help you out! I've been working on Etherbank for the past year making events, minigames, quest lines, etc., but I'd love to contribute here as well. Shoot me a private message if your still looking. I see you posted this before the server went online but hopefully I'm not too late. :p

bump, now available again, however I need someone who can be really dedicated to a server, not a person who is just searching for some power and access.

Back