• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon Re-launch

The last time it was managed by Lava Titan it felt more like a cashgrab with poor changes than an actual proper version of ascalon. I remember that you could buy gems for real money and that the anti bot system was completely disabled (while it's not a perfect system, it prevents almost everyone from afk botting).

I'm sure that people would still enjoy the server if you just put it up right now with no changes and they could enjoy the exact same server for the 10th time but it would be amazing to see an actual proper version of ascalon with new good non bugged (GAAL) content and proper advertisement, so that it actually stays alive for a while. I'm both willing to invest time into development and money into advertisement for a new ascalon that doesn't have pay2win shit and actually does something against the botters.

I was going to refer this at some point, yeah I totally agree that I did a lot mistakes when Fare let me manage the server, I saw that after a while and I did learn with them, I'm not proud of it but I'm not ashamed as well, this is nothing new but again, making content takes hours of work, playing that content takes minutes, maybe we're doing something wrong, maybe not, I don't know but the time we're investing should be rewarding for us as well, I mean I like developing servers I really do but does it pay off the time I'm wasting? I'm not going to make Ascalon a pay2win server but the server income must be "acceptable" so I can spend it to help the server grow and help myself as well, I hope you guys understand my point, and if someone else joins I also need to share the income with that person, which will probably be the case, now what I'm trying to say is, we both developers and players need to find a way together to make it that everyone is being benefited..

somebody should make a discord for this lmfao.... we can talk about some stuff we would like to be changed/added without spamming this post lul

That's a good idea, here's the link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

And that's the issue imho you're already expecting to gain money from this, you're expecting to get money from fare's work that you've done close to nothing on. From your version I recall nothing of value that was added onto the game as content and once again I doubt you will add anything meaningful or worthwhile. The only thing I remember from the last version is that you dumbed down the server by allowing botters, increasing the experience rate, adding new store items and from speaking with Fare at that time it seemed he was really dissapointed and annoyed at how the server was ran. If you're looking for money then I would suggest just throwing up some garbage evo or real map instead of disappointing people with ascalon yet again.

And that's the issue imho you're already expecting to gain money from this, you're expecting to get money from fare's work that you've done close to nothing on. From your version I recall nothing of value that was added onto the game as content and once again I doubt you will add anything meaningful or worthwhile. The only thing I remember from the last version is that you dumbed down the server by allowing botters, increasing the experience rate, adding new store items and from speaking with Fare at that time it seemed he was really dissapointed and annoyed at how the server was ran. If you're looking for money then I would suggest just throwing up some garbage evo or real map instead of disappointing people with ascalon yet again.

1. Thanks for your feedback;

2. I'm surely not launching Ascalon for fun;

3. Yeah Fare was disappointed how the server was ran, and I was disappointed with the amount of money he was making when he was running the server because he deserved way more for someone working on such project full time alone;

4. I'm actually working on some Evo too :)

5. If you don't want to be disappointed start thinking how can everyone cooperate into making a good server that can match otserverlist top servers which most are garbage compared to Ascalon without the need of having a team of people working only for your benefit because that's why Fare had to quit the project;

So, I either launch Ascalon alone without the help of anyone, the server will have 10-20 players, everyone will be happy for a month or two and then start quitting because I'm surely not going to be working full time for Ascalon and we come back next year when you're all bored again;

I set up a team of people who can help the server match top servers with good content updates, design few stuff and use it to advertise the server and lately when the server starts making some money we use it to advertise even more and pay who's working on it;

What does the server exactly need:

Dedicated server + Anti-DDoS system
Dedicated Content creators;
Advertising, someone who's willing to be the server "manager"

The following people offered their help:

@Shade ~ Mapping
@Static_ Engine Upgrades
@Blez - Mapping

Last edited:
Are you keeping all the content Gaal added to the server? and if you do please edit everything he added to the server from the beginning and turn the content the way it's supposed to be. Cause it didn't feel like it fit in ascalon IMO. I would also advise you to change alot of stuff in the early game content cause it's been the same every damn era.

There were also a shitload of bugs that could be abused and it didnt turn out very well lol.
And regarding to the hunting spawns I feel like they were too small and easy, you walk into a spawn explore it for 5 or 10 minutes and then you'll be on your way to another one and so on until the end. I would recommend to map caves and other hunting spawns alot bigger like in rl tibias "grey island" with the kollos and spidris which is actually massive.

Last edited:
I believe this version is waaay before Gaal was involved.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I think a discord server could be helpful. And imo a "team" would fit better

I remember ascalon even before job promotion quest. It was great.

Hello! I have decided to take care of Ascalon for now and in the future.

I will be launching an old version of Ascalon the next weekend, that version will be the normal version of ascalon before Gaal made any changes to it. That server will be mostly for testing purposes and for people to experience the old content of Ascalon again.

While that server is online I am planning to learn how all fare's systems work so that I can later adjust and update them for a new heavily advertised version of ascalon that would contain a lot of new content and with big revamps to the old content, that process would unfortunately take a couple of months but for soon you will atleast be able to play on the legacy version.

As for donations, the only things available will be the warp rune/alchemist wand and a couple of outfits and mounts, just like in fare's versions. I have always loved ascalon and I really want it to succeed while keeping the server fair to everyone so that includes heavily punishing botters too. I am very passionate about the server and I have always loved both playing and developing servers and I have no desire to make money out of this.

I just got the server files today and I have already set up a vps for myself to test stuff and make sure everything works, there will be a couple of changes in the legacy version that comes online next weekend but don't expect too much, it will be mostly "vanilla" ascalon. I will be announcing the exact time and date along with some changes during the coming days.

My entire body feels so much lighter now that I know Ascalon is in good hands!

Back