• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Selling Ascalon world, complete custom rpg server.

Fare

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello folks. Unfortunately my current situation is pushing me away from developing such a great project as Ascalon. I decided for myself that I can't lead the development anymore. It's incredibly sad for me to write that topic, however I can't keep going into nowhere, it's time for me to get into something more stable. That's not a final decision yet, ascalon-world.com is still staying online and it will be online as long as it will be possible.
First time Ascalon was started in September 2010(it was known as EpicOT). It was a teleport server which wasnt successfull at all, as it was pretty much raw and unfinished. Later I decided to remake it into medium-exp custom RPG and I continued development. On April 8th 2012 Ascalon was started as RPG server(First season) and it looked promising, a lot of players liked it, however we barely had enough content to keep players interested for longer than few weeks. However server was staying online for 6~ months, with average 30-40 players online. During those months I was non-stop working on it and updating server weekly, however as I realized, it's not possible to cover all the needs of the players with only one developer. Such server requires a team which is surely bigger than just one person. After Ascalon went down, I lost my hope in it but I eventually came back to Ascalon in February 2013(so actually there was a pause since 18 September 2012 till that). I tried to sum up all the cons server had at its first launch, and did a massive rework on nearly all basic systems and somewhere in the end of May second season of Ascalon was started. Start was impressive, we had over 100 players online for first month and I was sure it's time for success, however server started to slowly losing the players, day by day, and now, its been in pretty much bad situation, it surely needs some kind of 'fresh blood' and I can't handle this myself.

If you never heard about this server, you may visit this thread: Ascalon, aswell as feel free to search 'Ascalon' over the otland, there are plenty of threads with screenshots and discussions.

So, right now I'm thinking about selling away Ascalon fully or partially(means that I will still stay in team, but not as a team leader, just as a coder). I have no real price set for such an offer, as I doubt any money will cover amount of work put to this server, however I will update this thread with more recent offers(if there will be any).

What comes in offer:
  • As server is based on private svn, only premium members can buy full source code of ascalon, else you will receive only code difference(over 500 commits during last season in sources, and bigger amount during previous development(unfortunately I lost my old repository, and had to change into new one, which already contains over 1000 commits within may 2012). There are many of unique features done in sources, you may check ascalon server to see all of it.
  • 8.6 client with imported custom sprites which are used on Ascalon, aswell as there are still dozens of sprites not used anywhere.
  • otclient for ascalon(pretty much not finished, not much was done there, however it has some custom styles, mana bar, some minor tweaks around the client and autoupdater)
  • tools(item, dat, map editors working for ascalon, so you will have all needed resourses to keep editing server)
  • awesome webpage which you can see here, you can see all the functionality and style there, aswell as it has item search admin panel, aswell as web interface to check players ips.
  • More about server: server got own, custom made map with 22 mb size(I really feel sorry for those guys who used to help me with mapping, especially Ghostx, as he is the last mapper involved to the server. Sorry for letting you down :( ).
  • Map info:

Code:
Tile data:
		Total number of tiles: 2256312
		Number of pathable tiles: 428390
		Number of unpathable tiles: 1827922
		Percent walkable tiles: 18.99%
		Detailed tiles: 335557
		Percent detailed tiles: 14.87%
	Item data:
		Total number of items: 3044135
		Number of moveable tiles: 8169
		Number of depots: 39
		Number of containers: 282
		Number of items with Action ID: 806
		Number of items with Unique ID: 361
	Creature data:
		Total creature count: 6644
		Total spawn count: 1974
		Mean creatures per spawn: 3.37
	Town/House data:
		Total number of towns: 1
		Total number of houses: 101
		Mean houses per town: 101.00
		Total amount of housetiles: 4928
		Mean tiles per house: 48.79
		Mean tiles per town: 4928.00
		Largest Town: "Epic City" (4699 sqm)
		Largest House: "Unity Guildhall" (475 sqm)

Server has 840 lua scripts(total), 7 events, crafting system, dungeons system, dozens of unique quests, few unfinished features like pets, over 50 NPCs, dozens of documentation(formulas, balancing, items) and total size is above 1.5 GB of data.

My c/o 15€ :)

My c/o 15€ :)

Only if you going to keep it online and develop further, while I will still stay involved, haha. But honestly, you're offending me with such offer =.=

Oh, I was going to send you a PM with your old thread bbcode. Seems like you already recovered it and revised the grey area.

Best of luck!
Red

Only if you going to keep it online and develop further, while I will still stay involved, haha. But honestly, you're offending me with such offer =.=

I already stated that I neither plan to host it nor that I want to use it in any other way. I just want an extra copy.
You offend me by not reading what I told you earlier.

Is the highest offer still 200€?

Yes =)

@Summ, I remember what you've said, and honestly I could have given you a copy for free, but thats like making me feel unsecured ;(

I'm just wondering, to the person who buys it, will there be a reset? or will it just stay the same an add updates?

Also note to potential buyers - i come with this project. Buy it and i will continue to develop more content as you wish. You wont be on your own if you buy it.

500.00$.

offers like 200 are bullshit. 2 years with stable lets say 3 hours per day. thats like.. wtf. worst per hour price ever. simply the scripts are worth more. no fun bidding. 500 $

Planning to purchase all my servers, or fake? ^^

Nothing but ascalon :) (well and chasm xD ) + the only reason i didnt bid on 1. day was to see if someone else who is a little bit more dedicated to ascalon then me bids.

Back