• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Astheria OT - Mapping Showoff

Slakd

Reaction score
Hello guys, how are you?

First of all, I'm gonna tell you a little bit about me =D I played Tibia for the first time in 2004 and since then I've been starting and stopping playing Tibia many times.. had a few OT Servers many years ago.

I work as a software developer but I don't work with Lua and C++ programming languages. I'm learning both of them to create my own scripts for my OTServer.

Last month, I decided to start building my own OTServer from scratch by myself using TFS 1.4 (10.98) - compiling from Github's source code every 15 days - as base and neither global map nor copy & paste from other maps instead I'm build my own map, npcs, scripts and even lore. My main goal is to create a unique experience and not just put some random monsters and high rates.

Right now I've more than 3.5k monsters on the map and more than 15 hidden areas to be explored and find how to access it =D

I'd like to share some snippets with you:

#1 Bear Cave

Bear.PNG

#2 Dwarf Cave

Dwarf 1.PNG

#3 Random Farm

Farm 1.PNG

#4 Random Building

Screen 1.PNG

#5 Random Random Building

Screen 2.PNG

If you have any suggestions or advice, please just tell me =D I'm not an expert mapper I just discovered that mapping helps me with my work's stress.

I gave up on flowers underground and put underground only mushrooms, roots and ferns, it seems logical.
You could pay more attention to doors and floor underneath in 3 (floor shouldn't be outside) & 5 (border is cut)
I have chickens and they will eat most of grass, so would rather put some muddy/dirt floor there.
If I could advise anything it would be seeking for inspiration in others treads.
I always like drawing skeetch of map so it will be clear what will be where :)

one suggest to take scrren make one player not good vision of monsters in game master screen

Back